Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be cool to sign John Morris as another assistant coach. Since he’s getting the flick at the sharks

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sharks, bulldogs and broncos have players off contract. There are quality players off contract that Bulldogs need to pounce now.
Who do you guys reckon we should buy.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rushing never gets you anywhere... I agree we want good news, but rushing landed Corey Allan in our club... Even if it means more pain, be cautious is the correct approach

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hooker and 2 props and a centre back up, now do we target a top rate hooker ,Harry grant a million a year 4 yr deal, a top line line prop and a Toby Rudolf on 500k 3 yr deal,top line line prop on 700 to 800,is required, then with ya fringe players your looking for up n coming talent that could turn into 400 to 600 k players,recruitment is everything ,you need to get it right,fail and it could be disaster

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A friend asked me this the other day about who we should recruit and the easier question to answer is "Who do we keep" because realistically the majority of our roster isn't up to first grade standard. But being realistic, the most important positions for us to recruit for 2021 would be hooker, second row,lock, front row and centre.

HOOKER
There aern't any top quality hookers off contract for 2021. Brandon Smith would be ideal but even then, I don't think his best position is at hooker. I think he is better as a 13. However, if bringing him over means playing him at 9 than i'd be happy to do it. Apart from that there isn't anyone on the market who would be worth chasing.

SECOND ROW
The amount of people we recruit for this position depends on the development of guys like Topine and Doorey. Whilst they're both promising, they're still young and I think we still need at least one second rower and one lock. Jayd Su'A or Kurt Capewell are two Origin standard second rowers I would go after. Both different kind of players but definately improvements on our current options.

LOCK
Lock is an interesting one as there are some decent options out there and would depend on how Barrett would want to play. Off contract locks include Jazz Tevaga, Tyrone Peachey and Dale Finucane. Personally I rate Jazz Tevaga, he's high energy, can play 9 if needed and can make an impact from starting or off the bench. Tyrone Peachey's ball playing and pace could help relieve pressure off our young halves.

FRONT ROW
There aern't any quality front rowers on the market for 2021 so I'd rather no one than another Napa situation.

CENTRE
We definately need some strike from our centres, especially if Cotric ends up sticking to the wing. Sebastian Kris from the Raiders could be pushed out due to the combination of Croker and Scott. He has provided strike out wide for Canberra and has been scoring tries, plus I don't think he would be overly expensive. Tesi Niu just got dropped from Brisbane but also provides something in our backline that we sorely lack (pace).

Overall I'd go for Brandon Smith, Jaydn Su'A, Tyrone Peachey and Sebastian Kris.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
A friend asked me this the other day about who we should recruit and the easier question to answer is "Who do we keep" because realistically the majority of our roster isn't up to first grade standard. But being realistic, the most important positions for us to recruit for 2021 would be hooker, second row,lock, front row and centre.

HOOKER
There aern't any top quality hookers off contract for 2021. Brandon Smith would be ideal but even then, I don't think his best position is at hooker. I think he is better as a 13. However, if bringing him over means playing him at 9 than i'd be happy to do it. Apart from that there isn't anyone on the market who would be worth chasing.

SECOND ROW
The amount of people we recruit for this position depends on the development of guys like Topine and Doorey. Whilst they're both promising, they're still young and I think we still need at least one second rower and one lock. Jayd Su'A or Kurt Capewell are two Origin standard second rowers I would go after. Both different kind of players but definately improvements on our current options.

LOCK
Lock is an interesting one as there are some decent options out there and would depend on how Barrett would want to play. Off contract locks include Jazz Tevaga, Tyrone Peachey and Dale Finucane. Personally I rate Jazz Tevaga, he's high energy, can play 9 if needed and can make an impact from starting or off the bench. Tyrone Peachey's ball playing and pace could help relieve pressure off our young halves.

FRONT ROW
There aern't any quality front rowers on the market for 2021 so I'd rather no one than another Napa situation.

CENTRE
We definately need some strike from our centres, especially if Cotric ends up sticking to the wing. Sebastian Kris from the Raiders could be pushed out due to the combination of Croker and Scott. He has provided strike out wide for Canberra and has been scoring tries, plus I don't think he would be overly expensive. Tesi Niu just got dropped from Brisbane but also provides something in our backline that we sorely lack (pace).

Overall I'd go for Brandon Smith, Jaydn Su'A, Tyrone Peachey and Sebastian Kris.
I agree with the positions needing strengthening apart from a lock. Not needed because I see Jacko there or Topine. My realistic targets for the other positions include B Brailey, Capewell, Afoa, Naden

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with the positions needing strengthening apart from a lock. Not needed because I see Jacko there or Topine. My realistic targets for the other positions include B Brailey, Capewell, Afoa, Naden
Jackson is 30 and looks 50. He is solid in defence but he just doesn't offer enough in attack. Topine is good but I think if we are going to be clearing the ranks of Napa, Smith and a few other middle forwards then we definately need squad depth. If we do not re sign any of the players then we will definately need a lock.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The front rower Ethan Bullemor for the Broncos looked good last night.
We should enquire about him.
He's contracted to the end of '22 maybe get him early.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

HOOKER

SECOND ROW

LOCK

FRONT ROW

CENTRE

Finucane was another one we let go. If we had him, Cook, and the Morris twins- imagine how we'd be going now.