Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think he deserves a life ban for what he did when others break laws but are accepted back. If someone from a different religion said similar would there be the same reaction ?

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would rather add des, pay and lichaa to the coaching team and resign tolman and give hime the no. 6 jersey, than sign a 32 year old who hasn't played the game for nearly a decade. desperate move.....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here’s a story about Folau that the media never printed (prob didn’t know about )

When Russell Packer got sent to prison he was understandably down in the dumps

The second day in he gets a visitor ...Izzy Folau

The two have never met each other

Russ is surprised this guy is his first ever visitor

Izzy offers him some words of encouragement and prays over him that he comes out of prison a better person and that he gets another opportunity to fulfil his footy aspirations

Rest is history

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I doubt we are even remotely interested and have 0 chance. I really don’t give a fuck if he signed with the nrl. What the dude said is his beliefs. Fucking pc police.

What lodge did is disgusting.

robert lui, bird, Inglis, barba whoever else has slapped a women and got another go is Fucking taking the piss out of this.

Folau is entitled to his beliefs. Granted he doesn’t need to spray it all over social media. Think he’s learnt that. Though this whole circus is a joke.

We accept the Arabic people wearing the things that cover their faces. We accept other beliefs and opinions. Again his offend some obviously though that’s his religion.

If he isn’t spreading homosexuals to hell on his jersey and social media then I couldn’t give a fuck.

More concerned the scumbags who beat women or threaten kids and play the sorry I’m a changed man card. No Fucking man does that shit.

Folau got a shit deal here and if it wasn’t for the pc police people would admit it.

Anyway moving on.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really care what he has said but the media will crucify and club that signs him, we really don't need the publicity lol.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I dont really see room for him esp with allan, fox and cotric bought. He def should be back in the nrl though. Would be great for the sport. Too bad the NRL are too dumb to realise it.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not for mine. However, I don't see where all the offence comes from. He has been vilified for his actions.
But the vilification came from the noisy minority. And I don't care about them. I'm for the majority in every case.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While I doubt we are even remotely interested and have 0 chance. I really don’t give a fuck if he signed with the nrl. What the dude said is his beliefs. Fucking pc police.

What lodge did is disgusting.

robert lui, bird, Inglis, barba whoever else has slapped a women and got another go is Fucking taking the piss out of this.

Folau is entitled to his beliefs. Granted he doesn’t need to spray it all over social media. Think he’s learnt that. Though this whole circus is a joke.

We accept the Arabic people wearing the things that cover their faces. We accept other beliefs and opinions. Again his offend some obviously though that’s his religion.

If he isn’t spreading homosexuals to hell on his jersey and social media then I couldn’t give a fuck.

More concerned the scumbags who beat women or threaten kids and play the sorry I’m a changed man card. No Fucking man does that shit.

Folau got a shit deal here and if it wasn’t for the pc police people would admit it.

Anyway moving on.
Exactly agree. At the end of the day it’s his belief and religious view. Why does the whole world need to conform to the same view.

Also he didn’t just say that gays will be sent to hell. He also said alcoholics, murderers, adulterers etc. Yet offence was only taken from 1 of the 10 things he mentioned.

Sad world we live in that the Karen’s have so much influence.

End of the day this guy isn’t a criminal, doesn’t drink alcohol. Hasn’t been involved in any violence or sexual abuse towards woman. Seems he would have been better off doing those things because being too religious seems a crime these days.

I’m sure even the pope would have had similar views to him. It’s nothing about discrimination, it is what your personal and religious beliefs are. And it’s sad that if your view moral is different to others then you can be run out of town.

In saying all that though I wouldn’t want him back. His best years are behind him. Wouldn’t mind seeing him at another club, but no way at the dogs. We are a young team. And to be honest his highlights weren’t really prime Folau. Still got to feel bad for him for being turned against so badly for his own beliefs. He shouldn’t be representing the game, he is only representing himself and his church. Rightly or wrongly it’s his own choice.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t care what he said, that’s his opinion. He would have been better served to keep it to himself but he hasn’t done anything severe.
Wouldn’t sign him just on the facts he is 32 and hasn’t been in the game forever.We are better served to put our money elsewhere.
wouldn’t be surprised if the Rorters, Wankos, Storm sign him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the amount of distractions the team has had over the last few years the last thing we need is a self inflicted one for what I believe would be a minimal return. Rightly or wrongly Folau would create a huge shit storm and just isn’t worth it.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn’t give 2 farts what his opinions are. They don’t affect me. Just words. People are playing this game that have done FAR worse...

At his age, price, and time away fro the game, it’s a massive NO for me. Total waste of money for us. I think we are trying to build well. Signing him smacks of desperation

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn’t give 2 farts what his opinions are. They don’t affect me. Just words. People are playing this game that have done FAR worse...

At his age, price, and time away fro the game, it’s a massive NO for me. Total waste of money for us. I think we are trying to build well. Signing him smacks of desperation
Great point about desperation. We’ve moved past the point of being a team to sign has beens and we now have good young players interested in coming to us.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all know he isn’t coming to Canterbury. I personally would love him in our backline, he’s a champion on the field. Like mentioned above numerous times, the inevitable circus would be to much. The media smash him to bits, but if he played I bet the first person interviewed after every game would be Folau. They’d even try and bait him. It’s sad.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
It really comes down to sponsors that he is on the nose with. Our club doesn't need that circus. Geez we have had enough of those lately.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Forget all the off field stuff and take a moment to look at that backline.... Folau setting up JAC down the sideline..

Allan
JAC
Folau
Cotric
DWZ
Putting Izzy's baggage aside for a minute, let's consider the fact he is 32, has not played NRL in a very long time, is asking more than he is worth at his age and we have already added plenty of quality to our outside backs and have a young star in Averillo who may well be pushed into the centres next year.

Would be a waste of money that would be much better spent elsewhere.