Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro why don’t you like Hoppa. It’s like every chance you get, you think like he isn’t an option. I remember you even suggested Rennie as an option and said if we didn’t choose him there wasn’t one other option at center.
Of late, Hoppa has become mediocre. He has zero pace, he is deficient in defence, his positional play is poor, he fails to link with supports.
The game now is all about speed. It is about defence. He is lacking. And considering the big money he is on, I dont rate him at all.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Of late, Hoppa has become mediocre. He has zero pace, he is deficient in defence, his positional play is poor, he fails to link with supports.
The game now is all about speed. It is about defence. He is lacking. And considering the big money he is on, I dont rate him at all.
Do you know any of these so called ‘facts’. You say he is on big money but have no proof. You are also looking at one con and saying that he is not FG efficient and not even a backup. I think you’re going to far by not considering him a part of our team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
In 2021 Hopoate's on a fair contract to represent his output, not big money. This year Hopoate was on big money as he was at the final year of his back ended deal. If Hopoate had pace he'd be elite and his defence is only bad (at times, he has a good try saver in him) because of his pace. I actually think Hopoate has good positioning (again pace can be a factor here, literally can't get there if he's slow) and his biggest strength is his hands/assisting.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro why don’t you like Hoppa. It’s like every chance you get, you think like he isn’t an option. I remember you even suggested Rennie as an option and said if we didn’t choose him there wasn’t one other option at center.
Hoppa is so under rated and he will be brilliant with some better players around him

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing that had frustrated me the most in recent years is the number of tries scored against us either directly from a spilled bomb or in the repeat set after the spill when a team has created a goal line drop out or 2 or 3 and our defence cracked under the pressure.

Get to the root of the problem.At least one of our back three has been very suspect.

We absolutely must have a back three that can regularly and effectively diffuse opposition bombs.

So all this talk about who is in the number 1 jersey should revolve around who is safest under the high ball until such time as we can find a high quality and skilled fullback who can do everything the position demands. Forget about kick return metres and sweep plays and focus on an area that regularly hurts us in repeat sets in our red zone in the aftermath of a spiiled kick.

DWZ has proved he is not the answer.

Averillo hasn't played there yet.

It HAS to be Hoppa or Meaney who have shown they are the best options in this key area If Hoppa is at 1 Meaney is on one of the wings.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not a recruitment suggestion, but it seems Roosters (Bears) have picked up former dogs reserve winger Tom Carr. Be interesting to see how he goes in a better system if given an opportunity in the top grade.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Darryn Schonig is off contract at the end of 2021. Young talent huge bloke who has a bright future. Should we look to sign him since we missed out on leniu? He is behind players like bromich and big nelson and welch who would be getting more game time with his origin stint

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a recruitment suggestion, but it seems Roosters (Bears) have picked up former dogs reserve winger Tom Carr. Be interesting to see how he goes in a better system if given an opportunity in the top grade.
Didn't know that. He's a family friend of mine, good kid and deserves a crack.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't know that. He's a family friend of mine, good kid and deserves a crack.
Agree thought he had plenty of potential, hope he succeeds

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah saw him on insta commenting on jmoz sprint training

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Darryn Schonig is off contract at the end of 2021. Young talent huge bloke who has a bright future. Should we look to sign him since we missed out on leniu? He is behind players like bromich and big nelson and welch who would be getting more game time with his origin stint
Thats got to be the shortest highlights video ever

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder which GOOD hooker you would like to bring to Belmore and who is the most likely