Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol yeah, i think if we want genuine speed, we need to look at BLACK black actual black athletes, not islanders. Islanders are there for power and they have their place for sure, but the black guys will have the speed.
Carlin legit has a PB of 10.13. That makes him amongst the fastest in the world full stop if he still has that speed. he would e in the top 50 fastest humans on earth and he plays rugby!! he also trains with unbelievable dedication if you follow his socials.
Hes now learnt how to busy a tacle as opposed to just blitzing with speed. Cant hurt. Imagine that try cam set up for JAC, he would have arrived at the ball 7/8m ahead
you honestly are the joke of the site, dumb ****.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seeing as there's a major shortage of centres out there, what's everyone's thoughts on Dean Whare?

Stuck out of the top 17 at the Panthers and I'm sure the club would be happy to let him out of his current 5 year contract.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Seeing as there's a major shortage of centres out there, what's everyone's thoughts on Dean Whare?

Stuck out of the top 17 at the Panthers and I'm sure the club would be happy to let him out of his current 5 year contract.
I've always liked Whare but his best asset are his deft hands and strong defence. Something our current structures would fail to cater to. Imo it's crazy Melbourne haven't got him to play right centre as Brenko Lee is their major weakness

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've always liked Whare but his best asset are his deft hands and strong defence. Something our current structures would fail to cater to. Imo it's crazy Melbourne haven't got him to play right centre as Brenko Lee is their major weakness
Agreed. Brenko Lee alone is the reason I can't see Storm going all the way in 2020.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agreed. Brenko Lee alone is the reason I can't see Storm going all the way in 2020.
Yep me too. Croker doesn't get much ball lately, but Wighton will force him to make some hard decisions

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tyrone May has extended his deal with Panthers, surely this further points to Burton leaning towards us...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

so i have been watching mid week super league because what else to watch up late high on ice, and have bets on the super league and i just watched the warrington leeds game intensely and this is now the third time ive seen 'The english damien cook' Daryl clark.

my observation is he is quite quiet early in the game, no different from my man JMK, but when the game starts to slow down he really steps up and accelerates the pace. He just led Warrington to 4 tries in 20 mins (and one missed opportunity because ben currie tried to be a hero and dummy with just the FB to beat).

My final verdict is whilst he is like cook, he aint cook, buttttttt brotha, if you want to get quick play the balls and dart speed injecting the lines with salmon then hes your guy, in fact i think maybe a more apt comparison is with 'tongan salami' api korosau.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay so this is my theory of what could realistically work for us:

- We trade out Lachlan Lewis and Reimis Smith to Storm to get Josh Addo-Carr for 2021.
- We sign Kyle Flanagan for 2021.
- We sign Benji Marshall on a 1 year contract for 2021 to partner Flanagan in the halves and help with his development.
- We sign Matt Burton for the 2022 season who partners Flanagan for hopefully many years to come.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

- We trade out Lachlan Lewis and Reimis Smith to Storm to get Josh Addo-Carr for 2021.
- We sign Benji Marshall on a 1 year contract for 2021 to partner Flanagan in the halves and help with his development.
- We sign Matt Burton for the 2022 season who partners Flanagan for hopefully many years to come.
Would be nice, I'm getting scared Roosters want Burton to partner Walker as a Keary succession plan.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

so i have been watching mid week super league because what else to watch up late high on ice, and have bets on the super league and i just watched the warrington leeds game intensely and this is now the third time ive seen 'The english damien cook' Daryl clark.

my observation is he is quite quiet early in the game, no different from my man JMK, but when the game starts to slow down he really steps up and accelerates the pace. He just led Warrington to 4 tries in 20 mins (and one missed opportunity because ben currie tried to be a hero and dummy with just the FB to beat).

My final verdict is whilst he is like cook, he aint cook, buttttttt brotha, if you want to get quick play the balls and dart speed injecting the lines with salmon then hes your guy, in fact i think maybe a more apt comparison is with 'tongan salami' api korosau.
Koroisau is Fijian, not Tongan.

Jeff-Kean

New Pup
Reaction score
I think we should sign Tyrone Roberts for Five-Eight or the Fullback position this would be a good signing for the dogs.
It would help us make the 8 next year.

DeanBennett

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think we should sign Tyrone Roberts for Five-Eight or the Fullback position this would be a good signing for the dogs.
It would help us make the 8 next year.
I agree. He would be a good signing. He and DWZ would make the Dogs unstoppable. We would 100% make the 8 next year if we sign him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Averillo will be our 6 or 1. If we sign a fullback, we can only sign one of Burton or Flanagan (preferably Burton). If we want all three, Averillo has to play 1. I don't get why we'd sign long term players in all three of those positions when Averillo is one of our most promosing young players at the moment.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo will be our 6 or 1. If we sign a fullback, we can only sign one of Burton or Flanagan (preferably Burton). If we want all three, Averillo has to play 1. I don't get why we'd sign long term players in all three of those positions when Averillo is one of our most promosing young players at the moment.
He needs to fill out more and get better defensively. At this point he's a turnstile in defense.

I like the idea of him possibly being a Fullback, but at the moment I think he needs to be patient and be a Supersub/Utility for now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He needs to fill out more and get better defensively. At this point he's a turnstile in defense.

I like the idea of him possibly being a Fullback, but at the moment I think he needs to be patient and be a Supersub/Utility for now.
Ideally JMK will be our utility (we sign a hooker) and if Averillo re-signs while playing reserve grade well I think he's crazy personally. 0-20 minutes off the bench isn't going to do much for his development.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
T Rex,
Absolutely beast of a human. Big and fast. Largely ineffective for us the last 2 years of his contract.

I noticed Des hasn't offered him another contract for 2021.

However, I ran into him at Top Ryde Shopping centre and he was filthy that he didn't get a go this year. Said he was willing to prove a point. I casually joked he should come back to the dogs and he said he would love too and would play better this time round.

is is worth throwing him a min contract to see what he can do?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are just taking the piss now.
T Rex,
Absolutely beast of a human. Big and fast. Largely ineffective for us the last 2 years of his contract.

I noticed Des hasn't offered him another contract for 2021.

However, I ran into him at Top Ryde Shopping centre and he was filthy that he didn't get a go this year. Said he was willing to prove a point. I casually joked he should come back to the dogs and he said he would love too and would play better this time round.

is is worth throwing him a min contract to see what he can do?