Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brandon Smith was terrible at hooker the other week
To me he seems to be carrying to much weight to play an up tempo quality 80mins at hooker... Clark or McInness should be priorities over him imo

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree we need another prop to replace Napa but I think to improve our attack a decent edge forward might even be slightly more important with CHN gone.

I think I heard Andrew Johns once say a top team always needs at least one strike backrower and I agree. Foran was so much more effective with CHN running off his passes and kicks. We need a like-for-like replacement for CHN. We missed out on Bateman and can't afford Fifita so as someone else suggested on here I believe the best replacement at a reasonable price would be Sitili Tupouniua (Roosters interchange).

He's young, strong, and fast and capable of making line breaks from running good lines and busting tackles (like Fifita and Bateman) - like an upgrade on RFM.

Off contract after next year. Probably only on close to minimum wage at the moment. At that same time the Roosters are going to need to upgrade Keary considerably and probably others.

On behalf of our club someone should put feelers out to his manager NOW

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax, roosters wont be releasing him.
JWH nears his end, enter sitili.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told today that we are in discussions with Blake Green. Weve offered $300k for 1 season but he wants 2.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told today that we are in discussions with Blake Green. Weve offered $300k for 1 season but he wants 2.
Tough one. He’s playing better than any bulldog half has for quite a few years. Burton has to be the priority though.
Would take Green if it meant no more Lewis

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Starling's been good two games in a row now. If he can keep it up could be a good value buy.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raiders look to have signed ryan james now also.. hes got plenty of mongrel, i know hes had his injuries but hes a great player at his peak.. we should of made an enquiry at least..

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let go of foran ,cogger, Holland, Montoya,Crichton, tolman,Napa,and some of the lesser knowns,
Look where signed Cotric and Thompson 2 quality signings,
So why would it stop now.
I think we need another centre and a fullback,if we can also get Burton and a prop and hooker, heiginton looks good from Penrith/ warriors, I like Nathan Brown and I'd go for Andrew mc cullough too

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TARGET - Keary at all costs.!!!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is better than Wakeham and Lewis. I would have him as stop gap solution with Foz. Here’s hoping we chase Burton hard when he comes off contract.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jack Hetherington looks like a Klemmer 2.0 he's on loan to the warriors from the Panthers

He'd fit in perfect at the Dogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Jack Hetherington looks like a Klemmer 2.0 he's on loan to the warriors from the Panthers

He'd fit in perfect at the Dogs
And he can fight. Someone who is intimidating like that would be perfect for the Dogs. Add some real starch to the pack. You want players who won't back down no matter who they are facing. Have a look at how he went against Jared Waerea Hargreaves last week.