Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should give this kid the number 7 jumper full time. He’s playing his second game and it’s like his been playing for years has confidence, speed, age, defence, most importantly age.

We need to sign this kid ASAP.

Jai Feild
Could even be a genuine FB option. Parra are going well though so it's easy for him to slot in with a really strong middle laying the platform

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Milford
Brooks
Hunt

we need too ask about these 3 players .
Milford for fb Hunt at 9 . If we can get 1 it will be huge . Brooks is still young and has quality .

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
More chance Burton. May is Cleary house mate. I hope it pans out

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
May is off contract at years end whereas Burton has another year to run. Not that contracts mean a hell of a lot these days.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't rate May that much tbh, certainly better than what we've got but I'd much rather lay all the chips down for Burton.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just putting it out there...
Braydon Trindall - Sharks lower grade 7 pretty handy player, showed Lewis up multiple times in our trial this year... Turns out he's house mates with Harry Grant, we need halves depth would be worth a shot and we could use him as a bargaining chip whilst get a better 7 than Lewis (which granted is not hard).

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well based on what May's done I would be disappointed if the club went near him, its literally the last thing we need the press is already riding us, and it looks like we will have a few positive things happen this week to hopefully get us back on track and resemble a professional football team.
Burton looks the goods hopefully Baz brings him over.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Too many people are bagging on us getting Burton, it seems like a long shot to me, with him off contract at the end of next season it wouldn't be a surprise if the Panthers just keep him as cover until then and he leaves at the end of 2021. They don't need to release him early and they probably won't. May is a handy player but he isn't of the quality we need in my opinion. Hastings is the one I wanted but he is no chance with Barrett so that rules him out too. I really don't know if there are any realistic halfback signings out there.

2. The same goes for our hooker dilemma. The only off-contract player that would be worth the punt is Tom Starling, the other name mentioned is Daryl Clark and if you can get him to come over than he could be the best signing we've made in years.

3. We lack firepower up front and I think our best option is looking at a trade for a prop with one of the teams that are interested in CHN, or keep an eye on the situation in Brisbane as they are stacked up front, I'd take Ofahengaue or Flegler off them, both who are on the bench.

Best case scenario: Cotric deal is announced, pay a fee and get Clark over, Barrett brings Burton with him and we grab one of the Broncos forwards to help them with their cap issues.

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Burton
8. To'omaga
9. Clark
10. Flegler
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. Ogden
16. Napa
17. Topine

(One can dream right)

If we have extra room in the cap I'd love for us to go after Alex Johnson too, I think it could really do with the speed out of our own end. Twice the player Smith is.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Too many people are bagging on us getting Burton, it seems like a long shot to me, with him off contract at the end of next season it wouldn't be a surprise if the Panthers just keep him as cover until then and he leaves at the end of 2021. They don't need to release him early and they probably won't. May is a handy player but he isn't of the quality we need in my opinion. Hastings is the one I wanted but he is no chance with Barrett so that rules him out too. I really don't know if there are any realistic halfback signings out there.

2. The same goes for our hooker dilemma. The only off-contract player that would be worth the punt is Tom Starling, the other name mentioned is Daryl Clark and if you can get him to come over than he could be the best signing we've made in years.

3. We lack firepower up front and I think our best option is looking at a trade for a prop with one of the teams that are interested in CHN, or keep an eye on the situation in Brisbane as they are stacked up front, I'd take Ofahengaue or Flegler off them, both who are on the bench.

Best case scenario: Cotric deal is announced, pay a fee and get Clark over, Barrett brings Burton with him and we grab one of the Broncos forwards to help them with their cap issues.

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Burton
8. To'omaga
9. Clark
10. Flegler
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. Ogden
16. Napa
17. Topine

(One can dream right)

If we have extra room in the cap I'd love for us to go after Alex Johnson too, I think it could really do with the speed out of our own end. Twice the player Smith is.
Brandon Smith wants to play hooker and it looks like it's either going to be Cameron Smith or Harry Grant there. We should go hard for Harry Grant.

Re-sign Elliott over signing Flegler imo (Flegler's on 600k, even for the same money I'd rather Elliott, who's going to be cheaper anyways). Thompson also looks more suited at prop.

I doubt Averillo will be ready for fullback. I also see him as a five-eighth.

Latest on CHN is Barrett's going to do everything he can to convince him to stay. They have a good relationship from Panthers (<20's). That's a wait and see tho and it's changing every day.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brandon Smith wants to play hooker and it looks like it's either going to be Cameron Smith or Harry Grant there. We should go hard for Harry Grant.

Re-sign Elliott over signing Flegler imo (Flegler's on 600k, even for the same money I'd rather Elliott, who's going to be cheaper anyways). Thompson also looks more suited at prop.

I doubt Averillo will be ready for fullback. I also see him as a five-eighth.

Latest on CHN is Barrett's going to do everything he can to convince him to stay. They have a good relationship from Panthers (<20's). That's a wait and see tho and it's changing every day.
Brandon Smith was terrible at hooker the other week