Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DWZ is our fullback for now and will only improve the longer he stays there and we have some good wingers.
Averillo is our fullback and should get the spot now Hoppa is gone

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. Classy winger and a decent fill in fullback. Try scoring expert over numerous seasons, speed and elusiveness. His biggest blight is probably lack of size or strength. But that’s only due to 110kg wingers becoming a thing.

Also not bad under the high ball either. Fair enough we’re in more for a centre and fullback. But silly to think he is like reimus or holland or Meaney. Dwz is fearless in his kick returns (which is totally different to how AJ runs it back) but apart from that he has it all over zelezniak as a fullback and a winger.
The issue is he will want fullback money. He can fill in there but he's not and never will be a genuine fullback. DWZ is and was a better throw at the stumps in that regard.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass, if we were smart we could resign the Morris boys who arent commanding big money for 2 years also add as well as the players we are in talks with( cotric or rona) would make a pretty good back five.
1. Hoppa/dwz
2. Dwz/ rona
3. Jmoz
4. Cotric
5. Bmoz

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a tricky one , don’t underestimate what a winger can do for your club . The top clubs wingers are integral to their success.
If I was looking at buying a winger , I would look at how does he improve the team and if you threw him in now would results or team performance change. Whilst he would be an ok pickup I don’t think he provides a change in team fortunes. I see him as a finisher and someone with speed.

he is not a big winger who will churn out metres (ala Sivo / Ferguson) and get your sets going and not a game breaker like JAC (who scores tries that shouldn’t be scored and breaks games wide open) or a aerial threat like Tupou .

I think he would be a poor signing , I would persue JAC and pay around $500K for him as one of the steps in rebuilding squad

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually a underrated player, if we didn't have DWZ and Reimis I'd be going after him. He's better than Reimis but he's already on our books.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The issue is he will want fullback money. He can fill in there but he's not and never will be a genuine fullback. DWZ is and was a better throw at the stumps in that regard.
I wouldn’t rate DWZ as a fullback. Or having any potential to ever be one. But I agree Johnstone would want top dollar and he is a winger. And it will be silly to give him anything more then 300-350k. He also does go down a fair bit with soft tissue injuries.

Zelezniak is handy to have. Makes a great winger. But you can’t have him as your full time fullback. He lacks any play making ability. Totally lacks any ability to diffuse high balls. And does have sub par hands. His greatest assets are his hard runs and his speed. Better off having him on the wing to get the most value from his returns and be on the end of a movement to score on the wing, instead of having him start the movement and not executing it.

There is a reason Moylan, Edwards, aekins were all preferred in front of him over the years. Good winger. But doesn’t have the game of a 2020 fullback. But at the same time I’m not saying AJ does either.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Since we have a war chest and not many players to choose from, was just thinking about possible target recruits from Engish Super league comp, either ex Aussies or locals.
I haven't watched SL for a while so no idea on talent there.
I do know Matt Parcell would be the perfect hooker replacement. Kid had skills at Manly and Leeds. Very quick too.
Maloney looks like he wants to come back.
Jackson Hastings has been linked to us.

Is there anyone else of note we could go for. Some ex players could be perfect for Our rebuild at right price

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd take Parcell, Hastings & Folau but a big NO to Maloney.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Matt Parcel hasn't been recruited by any NRL clubs. The guy seems too good to be playing out his career in ESL.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think he would be a good option on the wing and hes a goal kicker. Its a no brainer imo

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just Give is some news .!!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Off the top of my head these are the best players in the SL that I think could offer something in the NRL
D.Clark (hooker)
J.Lomax (five-eight)
A.Walmsley (front row)
B.Currie (back row)
M.Knowles (lock)
T.Mankinson (wing)
R.Grace (wing)
T.Johnstone (wing)
Hastings (halfback)
J.Conner (centre or 6)
J.Lussick (hooker - good mates with Hastings)
M.Parcell (he's ok but hasn't been that great last season until he was traded to Hull KR from Leeds)

Im not really sold on Gildart (centre) either... Maybe it's just because I don't really like Wigan as I like Saints.

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is DWZ v2.0
He has zero ball playing ability and basically runs hard and straight. Would be a decent pickup but on the cheap. I would hope the club wouldn’t put too much aside for players like isaako.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he's very overrated myself. Had a good first season but has been rubbish ever since. He was very lucky he was selected in the world 9s and had a good showing as thats got him some more time. Definately not the right fit for us imo but could be of value to some other team.