Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex Johnston Has officially stated he will not be at the Rabbits next season and is on the open market. 25 years old 89 first grade try’s. Represented multiple countries.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take him on minimum wage. I think he’d give Smith a rocket. Only if cheap, wasn’t real keen on him earlier on but is decent.
Be handy right now as FB back up.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could the Cowboys have cap space when they have Morgan, Holmes and Taumalolo taking up $3 million?

That's $7 million left for 27 players at an average of 260k each.. They just signed Masters, Robson, Drinkwater etc while still having Hess, McLean and others on decent money..

The few teams like ours that try and stay under the cap are fighting a losing battle when most of the comp is easily over it.
because we have been paying overs! But surely we can afford him now.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We already have several Alex Johnsons at the club. If he was to come here, he would look exactly like Remis & co. Hard to look good when your not getting quality ball.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly think he’s better than any winger we have currently and can play fullback and has ton of pace and has won a championship and played multiple playoffs and international

Experience plus speed for the right price is worth considering

Remis not good enough to tie this guys shoelaces particularly this year

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a no brainer signing to me. He's had success, he's got experience and he's still actually really young.

Get him around the $300-350k mark for 3 years and you have a steal. A great finisher and a proven great fill in for Fullback when needed.

Hell I'd even consider giving him first crack at Fullback with the current crop we have!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's better than what we have but I don't think he's what we need.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have enough wingers pretending to be fullback.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NO to Johnston. We need other players in more important positions.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
DWZ is our fullback for now and will only improve the longer he stays there and we have some good wingers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is how you fill your salary cap with average players then bitch and complain when you can't sign the better players because you don't have money in your salary cap.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think he’s better than any winger we have currently and can play fullback and has ton of pace and has won a championship and played multiple playoffs and international

Experience plus speed for the right price is worth considering

Remis not good enough to tie this guys shoelaces particularly this year
I agree with you. Classy winger and a decent fill in fullback. Try scoring expert over numerous seasons, speed and elusiveness. His biggest blight is probably lack of size or strength. But that’s only due to 110kg wingers becoming a thing.

Also not bad under the high ball either. Fair enough we’re in more for a centre and fullback. But silly to think he is like reimus or holland or Meaney. Dwz is fearless in his kick returns (which is totally different to how AJ runs it back) but apart from that he has it all over zelezniak as a fullback and a winger.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Better than what we have .. so why not.. Probably means Addo Carr goes to Souths..
You’d be mad to spend a cent over 450k for addo Carr.

only way AJ makes sense is if he comes in for 300-350.

If what I’m hearing about Carr wanting 650k+ Even heard 750k, then may god have mercy on our souls :sweat: Wingers should not be paid 6-7% of your cap. Never seen a winger that has taken a struggling team into a premiership team in my life.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WARRIORS, BULLDOGS EYE OFF HASTINGS

Jackson Hastings has the next 24 hours to decide whether he will invoke a get-out clause and return to the NRL in 2021.
Wigan want to keep the halfback - who was on fire in Super League before COVID-19 -but will allow him to return home on compassionate grounds next season if he so desires.
Wigan need to know his plans ASAP, however so they can make contingency moves, and have told Hastings they would like an answer before June 30 in the UK.
The New Zealand Warriors are making a huge play for Hastings, but he wants to return to family in Sydney, with the Bulldogs the early favourites to get his signature.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is only 25? Sheet. He seems a lot older.

I reckon he isn't what we need, especially if he is being squeezed out of Souffs for lack of money. He will want too much.