Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Herbie Farnworth off contract,Id be having a look at him & also if Matt Burton not happy with the amount of game time he is getting & wants out id also be having a look at him.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is garbage.

There is a reason why Sharks fans are crying out for Nene to of debuted last week.

He played eyes up footy and got himself a hattrick. Well done. But we have decent wingers in DWZ and Reimis (when he wakes up to himself).
Remis has not shown in any football games to be a decent winger or anything tbh

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't laugh...but Danny Levi played well for Manly last game. An improvement?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is garbage.

There is a reason why Sharks fans are crying out for Nene to of debuted last week.

He played eyes up footy and got himself a hattrick. Well done. But we have decent wingers in DWZ and Reimis (when he wakes up to himself).
Haha he's not garbage man... Right up there in tackle breaks so far this season for wingers and AVG 140m per game. Which is pretty good considering how shit the Sharks have been going lately.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's it people don't realise if we fuck Remis off we get a better and cheaper player who knows he's a winger and can finish well. Besides Remis showing up a lazy Dufty and Dragons outfit I have can't think of any other major highlights tbh

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is a really good winger, terrible centre. He is fast, good under the high ball, has a good leap on him, good finisher and strong out of the back. He is nothing but a winger though.

We are really only a fullback away from having a top 4 quality back 5.

1. ??
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Averillo
5. Smith

Unless Averillo can make a successful switch to the back and we can get a star centre.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a really good winger, terrible centre. He is fast, good under the high ball, has a good leap on him, good finisher and strong out of the back. He is nothing but a winger though.

1. ??
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Averillo
5. Smith

Unless Averillo can make a successful switch to the back and we can get a star centre.
That fullback is Averillo imo. Schoupp should fill the void on the left edge next season if we dont sign anyone... which i dont think we will.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best available on the market:

- David Fifita
- Nick Cotric
- Reed Mahoney
- Jake Friend

I think Fifita is a pipe dream but I'd love if we could grab Cotric and one of the hookers.

1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Cotric
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Mahoney
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. Stimson
13. Thompson

14. JMK
15. RFM
16. Topine
17. Ogden

This team is all dependant on signing the available players and I don't think its really far-fetched considering the money we have at our disposal. If Averillo can develop into the player we know he can be, it would go a long way into solving the fullback problem we have had for the best part of a decade. Cotric at centre would add the speed and flair we've been missing in the backline. Our halves are still our biggest problem area and I think re-signing Foran for a year until we can get our hands on another quality half would be our best bet.

I'd let Tolman and Elliot walk, both good players but there is more value in the market, Topine should be able to make the step up in the next year to replace Elliot and the way the game is going, To'omaga should be able to provide more than Tolman. I think we lack a star forward and thats where securing a player like Fifita would go a long way to helping us push into the top 4 and being genuine contenders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We better have a fair bit more than that. I fail to see $7 million worth of talent in our squad sans Foran and Tolman.

Unless they've done the reverse of the Roosters creative accounting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. DWZ
3. Hollando-Bloom
4. Lee
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Cameron Smith (use the war chest 1 year deal)
10. Jackson
11. Elliott
12. Bateman (use the war chest)
13. Thompson

14. Reynolds (Tigers cut price deal)
15. RFM
16. Tolman
17. Sue / Ogden

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

1. ??
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Averillo
5. Smith

had multiple chances to use his speed on the weekend and got tackled one on one or "tripped"

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. ??
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Averillo
5. Smith

1. Papenhuyzen (not sure when he is off contract though??)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hopoate
2. DWZ
3. Hollando-Bloom
4. Lee
5. Smith
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Cameron Smith (use the war chest 1 year deal)
10. Jackson
11. Elliott
12. Bateman (use the war chest)
13. Thompson

14. Reynolds (Tigers cut price deal)
15. RFM
16. Tolman
17. Sue / Ogden
yuk

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Positions of need: Hooker, Halfback, Centre

Hookers off contract: Reed Mahoney, Jake Friend, Danny Levi
Hookers who may be available: Harry Grant, Sam Verrills

Halfbacks off contract: Literally no one worth mentioning
Halfbacks who may be available: Jackson Hastings, Matt Burton

Centres off contract: Nick Cotric, Euan Aitken, Herbie Farnworth
Centres who may be available: Brent Naden

I think its going to be hard to get our hands on either of the Roosters hookers, I'd really like Verrills but I think he will stick around at the Roosters, I'd make a big play at Mahoney and Grant, again both are unlikely but you've got to be in it to win it.

Either Hastings or Burton would be class additions but I think Burton will be at the Panthers until at least the end of 2021 and so Hastings may be our only option and I think he would be a decent addition and could be a real steal for us.

I think Cotric could be a marquee signing for us, a NSW and Australian rep and still only 21 years old, he has so much room to grow and it would an excellent signing.

I don't think we will end up with a new halfback or hooker but I also dont think we should just sit on our hands and wait for one to become available. It's important we strengthen the rest of our side to make ourselves attractive to players coming off contract in the next year or two.