Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm off Latrell Mitchell. The kid has freakish talent but is also very lazy too at times, add to that also his attitude isn't great and sprinkle in some mentality issues and he could turn out to be a very big risk for the big money that he will command.

I don't know why, but I just get a feeling that he could be one of those guys that moves to a new team, doesn't like it and wants back out. I know it's hypothetical but it's just my thoughts and opinion.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
All good players but not for a million . Sbw is one guy I would chase. The new change in the club, new professionalism going forward. Cooper cronk is the next big signing as an assistant . Those 2 guys are 2nd to non on focus and professional athlete.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Paying more then a million for a non spine player is a enormous mistake so I wouldn’t go near Latrell because I doubt we get him for less then that.
Thank God your not part of are recruitment team, your comment is just hate, one of the greatest players ever was a centre GI.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would love Fafita and a more dominant front rower to partner Napa. Would much rather J Manu, Staggs or Xerri over Mitchell. I'm not sold on Api as a long term hooker. Would much rather look for someone we can develop long term who has potential right now, but happy to persist with JMK.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fifita has already been spoken about as being offered a $1mill a season over 5 season offer from the Warriors.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita has already been spoken about as being offered a $1mill a season over 5 season offer from the Warriors.
I honestly think he will sign for closer to 700k, a price I would’ve paid for him if we didn’t need a hooker and centre so bad.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think he will sign for closer to 700k, a price I would’ve paid for him if we didn’t need a hooker and centre so bad.
He will easily get the $700k at the broncos. IF he is willing to leave the broncos though he'll get more and quotes of Warriors offering him $1 mill a season are near what teams will have to part with to get him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Top talent that other clubs want to retain you have to add about 300k to that amount. That's why we've been targeting players not wanted at their current/past clubs (DWZ, Ramien, Koroisau, Ese'ese, etc).

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fifita is Brisbane born & raised.
Unless Brisbane don't want him, he ain't going anywhere.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fifita is Brisbane born & raised.
Unless Brisbane don't want him, he ain't going anywhere.
If Broncos offer 700k and another club offers 1m, I think it's at worst 50% chance he's leaving. Worst case scenario is you make Broncos have to pay an extra 100k to keep him. They're also pretty tight on their salary cap atm. Oates is also still not signed. Boyd would have to retire as well.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some keep saying we shouldn't pay around a $1M a season for someone whose not a spine player but how many great spine players are available for 2021 ? DWZ is a mighty fine fullback. No need to replace him really and if we moved him to the wing he'd probably want to leave the Dogs. Unless we can get Munster or Keary then Foran is definitely worth keeping. No great halfs available anyway. I'd think most of us would be comfortable with Foran, Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham fighting it out for 2 spots in our halves. Jackson and CHN are fine in the backrow and Napa up front. Tolman is good enough. Hopa's pretty decent at centre and Meany and Smith are decent fast wingers and Hopa and Meany both provide good cover if ever needed at fullback. The only real areas we need to boost are 1 centre spot (Holland), hooker (JMK) and lock (Elliott / Smith) They are definitely the weakest links in OUR TEAM.

So who are the BEST game breakers "available" in those 3 positions WE REQUIRE - guys who can create a try from nothing ? - probably Mitchell, Koroisau, and Fifita. We need "instant" bang for buck so to speak. After the last few years do you really want to get lesser players to save a few dollars and "hope" they develop over the next few years ?. I think most of us want to be a top 4 team ASAP don't we ? If so, then we need to sign the best hooker, centre and lock available on the open market and so again I believe we should do whatever it takes to get these 3. Imagine the confidence those players would bring to the rest of our team.

If the Warriors offer Fifita $1m a season you would think he'd prefer to stay in Australia for a little less. Some here doubt Mitchell's attitude. Is Ramien's attitude any better though than Mitchell's. What really happened in Newcastle ? No-one is going to star in every single game they play. Remember Mitchell was a pretty f..king decent fullback also. He's the closest thing to another Greg Inglis. Would you pass up the opp to sign a young Inglis ?

At the moment Foran has options to throw good balls to Jackson or CHN either side. Imagine if he had options to throw to Jackson, CHN, Mitchell or Fafita.

Watch the highlights reel on YouTube of Koroisau and imagine how his runs out of dummy half could open up our attack from another new perspective also for Foran, CHN, Jackson, DWZ, Mitchell and Fifita.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should make an offer on Pearce. No way he wants to stay with these losers

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want Mitchell
I don’t like his attitude
He would command big money and I doubt you will get much value from him
He has too many quiet games for the money he would want
Still not bad that he’s the leading try and point scorer then. I’d love to have that player on our team again

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well it's been reported Ramien knocked us back yesterday. Mitchell firming as best option for us in the centres.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds. Get some one who actually wants to play and give 100 percent for the club. Utility to rotate with JMK until we find a top class dummy half.

That's not a big 3. That's a bunch of guys who if they get paid big money will flop.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds. Get some one who actually wants to play and give 100 percent for the club. Utility to rotate with JMK until we find a top class dummy half.

That's not a big 3. That's a bunch of guys who if they get paid big money will flop.
Koroisau is the only 'big name' Hooker available. If we sign Reynolds (for cheap, 300k) it gives us another 1-2 years to strengthen this position and/or give JMK more minutes and time in the NRL. I think he's the best option after Koroisau personally.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was saying last week Fafita over Haas and last night's game didn't change my mind. Haas is an animal but I think he will have body/injury issues. Fafita was very impressive last night and is built for long term footy. I'm not convinced in Mitchell, it's not the talent obviously it's more his mental state and his involvement versus price but at the end of the day if we did sign him I wouldn't be upset.
Exactly. I would prefer not to sign Mitchell at all. Imagine if he was with us against the eels...he would have snapped. Doggies footy is about pissing off the opponent, outplaying them with angry footy. Latrell cant do that, he will spit the dummy right away.