Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Someone we should have a good look at is Erani Tuala, one of the best young centres in the game at the Cowboys. I really like what I see in this guy, pace, power, agile and elusive. 19 years of age.
will have to look this guy up. does he play left or right ? plenty of good young right edge centres around, not much chop on the right though with Cotric and Scott being locked up.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although we all know we need an established backrower and an established outside back we can't overlook the juniors who can come up and be the spark in a premiership run. Every good premiership team has one or two young players under the age of 23 who can be the X-Factor.

2017 Storm - Scott/NAS/Vunivalu
2016 Sharks - Bird/Holmes
2015 Cowboys - Taulmalalo/Morgan
2014 - Johnston/Walker/G.Burgess

And we don't have anyone in our club through all grades that can be one of those players off current standing (maybe Wakeham at a stretch). So I have gone through and looked at some options that the club could go with:

1. Enari Tuala - Plays at centre, a big strong guy with great pace and elusiveness and a nice step.
2. Corey Allan - Speed and footwork is his game. A fullback and looks like a player with star potential, seen comparisons with him and Ponga. Wouldn't mind him on the wing.
3. Greg Leleisiuao - A wrecking ball. He could step into the NRL today and be a star on the wing if Eels give him a shot they will soon forget Radradra even existed.
4. Wayde Egan - A hooker who would be the perfect utility of the bench for us. 18 tries + 15 assists from DH in 21 games last season.
5. Zac Lomax - The best junior outside back other then Ponga in my opinion. Close to zero chance of him leaving the Dragons though.
6. Jack Murchie - One of the best up and coming backrowers out there, from the Raiders. I think he has really high potential and can be very destructive in the NRL.

I think any of these players should be thrown a nice contract and promise of a shot at first grade and watch them star for us.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sign leleisuao and lomax!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tom Opacic good solid young centre
Blake Austin I’d love outside Foran

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This might sound crazy but we should chase players that come from the Canterbury bankstown comp and drop everyone from first grade except for rfm and maybe Montoya

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Although we all know we need an established backrower and an established outside back we can't overlook the juniors who can come up and be the spark in a premiership run. Every good premiership team has one or two young players under the age of 23 who can be the X-Factor.

2017 Storm - Scott/NAS/Vunivalu
2016 Sharks - Bird/Holmes
2015 Cowboys - Taulmalalo/Morgan
2014 - Johnston/Walker/G.Burgess

And we don't have anyone in our club through all grades that can be one of those players off current standing (maybe Wakeham at a stretch). So I have gone through and looked at some options that the club could go with:

1. Enari Tuala - Plays at centre, a big strong guy with great pace and elusiveness and a nice step.
2. Corey Allan - Speed and footwork is his game. A fullback and looks like a player with star potential, seen comparisons with him and Ponga. Wouldn't mind him on the wing.
3. Greg Leleisiuao - A wrecking ball. He could step into the NRL today and be a star on the wing if Eels give him a shot they will soon forget Radradra even existed.
4. Wayde Egan - A hooker who would be the perfect utility of the bench for us. 18 tries + 15 assists from DH in 21 games last season.
5. Zac Lomax - The best junior outside back other then Ponga in my opinion. Close to zero chance of him leaving the Dragons though.
6. Jack Murchie - One of the best up and coming backrowers out there, from the Raiders. I think he has really high potential and can be very destructive in the NRL.

I think any of these players should be thrown a nice contract and promise of a shot at first grade and watch them star for us.
the best 3 in that list are Lomax, Egan, Murchie. Sadly though all 3 will remain with their respective clubs imo. Would love all 3.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is who would come??? Compared to most of the other teams rosters, I’m not sure who’s going to come to play for us?? Certain individuals in very important positions have let this club down so badly, we will need to recruit players with potential, develop from our lower grades and have the right people to teach and create the right environment for these players to become Bulldogs type players!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After the first 4 rounds I’d say the dream signings would be:

1. Tevita Pangai Jr
2. Ethan Lowe
3. Brian Kelly

Also I’d throw Junior Paulo a nice contract if he agreed to play of the bench, he could be a wrecking ball for us.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would love to have Albert Kelly play with us.

Foran would be like Blake green, first receiver and controlling team around and an attacking option. Gives Albert kelly the room to move and play his natural attacking style play without the pressure placed on him to control team.

Add Mbye roaming around and you have a great spine that could challenge for a premiership and Kelly wouldnt cost big dollars.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Issako 100%
Get Kasiano back lol

Tui Kamicikca
Kayleb Milne
Taniela Paseka ?
Payne hass ?

Hess NAS Kikau and Munster next year to look at

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not availkable but good players who would suit here
Taekiho from Rorters
Asiata from Cowboys.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know that he recently re-signed but sometime next season I'd love us to get in the ear of Nat Butcher, we need a lock and he has no pathway into that star-studded team.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players in bold are players off contract this year

1. Mbye
2. Fingerhersome (Rorters)
3. Josh Morris (2 yr extension - 2nd yr club favour)
4. Isaako (Groncos)
5. Brett Morris (2 yr extension - 2nd yr club favour)
6. Lachlan Coote (Cowboys)
7. Foran
8. Sharon
9. Jake Granville (Cowboys)
10. Skip Hop Jump Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Ethan Lowe (Cowboys)
13. Jackson

14. Lichaa
15. Jnr Paulo (Raiders)
16. To'omaga
17. Ogden

Hopefully Brandon Wakeham will be ready by 2020 when Foran breaks down.