Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If youve seen the news, he has no club and is struggling to get one. Blokes working at a coffee shop. We could snag him on the cheap. Better than what we have thats for damn sure.

I wish we didnt waste space on players we did not need and are not using (cogger, meaney). We should have invested more into wingers/centers and our 9.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be extremely difficult to pull off but surely we could make a play for DWZ from the panthers to play fullback, he is stuck behind Edwards there even though he is the Kiwi #1, supremely talented player and should be a starting fullback in the NRL, still only 23 with almost 100 games under his belt and seems to be the leader type too. Under contract until the end of 2020 but I cant see him wanting to waste another two years out on the wing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t release players that have a contract.
If only the released themselves lol.. well lichaa anyway. Saw some good glimpses of jmk to be fair. He tired...!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone wants a world beater.. we need to rebuild be signing experienced players that are better than what we have..

Seggy is a start.. need a few tough forwards and backs and halved..

This current roster has holes everywhere and all signings havent stood up first 2 games..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If youve seen the news, he has no club and is struggling to get one. Blokes working at a coffee shop. We could snag him on the cheap. Better than what we have thats for damn sure.

I wish we didnt waste space on players we did not need and are not using (cogger, meaney). We should have invested more into wingers/centers and our 9.
Makes me wonder why he has no club. Hookers are rare so if he was so great, he should have a club to go to. Besides, hooker isnt our biggest issue now. Not saying it's not an issue, but what we need are a few centers or wingers with experience and xfactor , currently we have 4 noobies who all rely on others creating the chances, and none of them can tackle

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t release players that have a contract.
Yes you can. They can count towards your salary cap but not be part of your top 30. They changed the rule last year. If we have cap space to spend we should make the move now. I don’t know if our fan base will tolerate a 3rd lost year

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because he is in all the Corey Norman videos looking like a royal looser.

No one wants him

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a knob. Mitch Rein is a better option

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying Seggy is the answer but we need to recruit a mix of experience and youth.

I know this kid they're talking about from St George looks good but add that to Meaney, Cogger and we're talking about good players in a few years time, does that mean we just sit back for 3 or 4 years waiting for that to happen.