Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed a bit already, but Corey Allen's been told he's welcome to find a better deal elsewhere.

You could argue Rabbitohs hit their best form with his at the back.

He'd be a much cheaper and possibly better alternative to JAC.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed a bit already, but Corey Allen's been told he's welcome to find a better deal elsewhere.

Tend to agree can’t believe the negative comments here about allen ,he was absolutely brilliant when he took over from lattrell although i must say as long as we are paying jac $500-$600k wed be mad not to get him

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should go for mansour he has been tapped on the shoulder, Guy chews up more meters then our forward pack.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

He really grew into the role towards the end of the year, it was mentioned not too long ago by one of his coaches that he is great at organising a defence from the back, thats really impressive for someone his age and something we could definitely do with.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Has there been any chat about John Asiata moving?
He still has a good few years left if he can avoid further injury.
He is 2 years younger than Jackson, can fill many positions, backs or forwards & is a great ball handler. Be perfect on the bench to cover backs while providing a significant upgrade on skill compared to most of out current forwards. Possibly could help Elliot further develop that side of his game. I just feel Jackson is tired with little impact on most matches..
He signed with a new club the other day. Newcastle or Brisbane?

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Should go for mansour he has been tapped on the shoulder, Guy chews up more meters then our forward pack.
On the right money on a 2 year deal I would take him. But he did get found out in the finals at times. With Okunbor out for the year I would slot him onto the wing. Once Okunbor comes back at the end of next year have him slog it out with Smith for the other wing spot for another year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mansour 1 year deal with option in clubs favour 2nd year and jac 22

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Noticed a while back someone mentioned we could sign Matty Lees (young St Helens prop). Well scrap that as he's just extended with Saints until the end of 2022.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He played state of origin only a few years ago.
He’s an experienced hooker, not as good as he use to be if he’s unsigned but wouldn’t he be a good pick up even if it’s just a 1 year contract?
I haven’t sen him play in a while as I don’t usually watch gold coast Titans games.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're light at hooker (ability and depth) but I don't think Peats is better than JMK or will make our team (Rein, Boyd and Clark all played in front of Peats, they're not even promising hookers). I'd rather McCullough and even that I'd say the same thing. We should of been all over Tom Starling if we weren't a realistic chance of signing a Grant, B. Smith or another hooker at that level. I'm still hopeful we still have a chance, otherwise we're with JMK.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What happened to the guy? Plays 3 origins in 2017 then hardly sighted after that...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What happened to the guy? Plays 3 origins in 2017 then hardly sighted after that...
Since 2018 Peats has had a number of shoulder/arm related injuries from a dislocated elbow to a torn pectoral. He’s 30 so probably not going to get any better.

Go Dogs

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a little torn on this bloke.

Think he could still offer a lot (more than our current options anyway) and could come cheap. Would definitely consider as a back up option, with BSmith/Grant being the priority.

Fairclough92

New Pup
Reaction score
Noticed a while back someone mentioned we could sign Matty Lees (young St Helens prop). Well scrap that as he's just extended with Saints until the end of 2022.
Matty lees in 2019 was one of the best up and coming players in super league and at saints we was addimant that he was a future international and all clubs would try to sign him. Start of 2020 he got a bad injury and since he came back he has not been the same. Many of our fans have been calling for him to get dropped

The top 2 young props over here in england are robbie mulhern (hull kr) and nikolaj oldzecki (leeds) both players and multiple teams chasing them

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
It is a few years away from FG but Barret had a lot to do with the development of the Fainu Brothers (Touted to be better than the older brother) and id expect him to be making big plays to get them across here. They have been the best players in the entire Harold Matts by a long way.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is a few years away from FG but Barret had a lot to do with the development of the Fainu Brothers (Touted to be better than the older brother) and id expect him to be making big plays to get them across here. They have been the best players in the entire Harold Matts by a long way.
This the older brother?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since 2018 Peats has had a number of shoulder/arm related injuries from a dislocated elbow to a torn pectoral. He’s 30 so probably not going to get any better.

Go Dogs
too slow, has zero attack and not suited to todays game