Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
My boy in Nz (Tony) told me that Blake Green will be released at seasons end as part of a kiwi shakeup and he wants to play on.

Good player actually.

What would dogs fans think of signing him? Either as a Foran replacement or to partner Foran.

It's rare a quality half is voluntarily released like this.

Lebaneze Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cuz,

Blake Green would be on a small wicket next year.

It's a no brainer. Bring Blake home

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Been there done that... Would only take him on fuck all cash and put him in reserve grade. Gotta remember Broncos are poo poo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I'm not one to post a lot (more A lurker) but something has to be said.

a lot of talk about this war chest we have, but we must also consider we are not alone.

the warriors are stripping their roster bare and to be honest will be more desperate with more money and they will want the same players we do.

it just doesn't stop there though.

tigers are going to have some money too and they have a good coach and successful club.
St George you can expect to make their presence felt, as will the Titans if they miss out on Don Fifita.

I strongly suspect that Newcastle have some room too, and roosters and storm will also be attractive with what they have if smith retires.

mths mural of the story is actually fast, act smart and act fast.

let's not squabble over 50-100k the way we did Granville, Api, Guerra and Reynolds.

going forward, we might think we are clever enticing Cotric for 50k more, but if a Morris retires for example you best believe his ass will be wearing more French colours next year than Marina Le fuckin Pen.

Act smart and make our players happy. Pay overs for one to settle the agitated fans and then reassess with breathing space and other players will see the movement and want to come.

let's throw a mil at Milford and 1.25 at Fifita and Grant and 700k at Blake Green, ask managers who is willing to break contracts and pounce (lest be hunters) and watch the rest take care of itself. Nasheed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I'm not one to post a lot (more A lurker) but something has to be said.

a lot of talk about this war chest we have, but we must also consider we are not alone.

the warriors are stripping their roster bare and to be honest will be more desperate with more money and they will want the same players we do.

it just doesn't stop there though.

tigers are going to have some money too and they have a good coach and successful club.
St George you can expect to make their presence felt, as will the Titans if they miss out on Don Fifita.

I strongly suspect that Newcastle have some room too, and roosters and storm will also be attractive with what they have if smith retires.

mths mural of the story is actually fast, act smart and act fast.

let's not squabble over 50-100k the way we did Granville, Api, Guerra and Reynolds.

going forward, we might think we are clever enticing Cotric for 50k more, but if a Morris retires for example you best believe his ass will be wearing more French colours next year than Marina Le fuckin Pen.

Act smart and make our players happy. Pay overs for one to settle the agitated fans and then reassess with breathing space and other players will see the movement and want to come.

let's throw a mil at Milford and 1.25 at Fifita and Grant and 700k at Blake Green, ask managers who is willing to break contracts and pounce (lest be hunters) and watch the rest take care of itself. Nasheed.
And the other thing you better believe that the Warriors will throw money at Adam Elliott if we don't sort him out soon. I feel it in my bones.

I'm not going to get into what the Warriors need to do to improve as it'll flirt with the forums racial guidelines and I don't want to risk a ban but they know themselves and I really think an Adam Elliott at 550 a year is just what the doctor ordered for them.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brendan Pikuara (Broncos)

9 clubs are lining up for him when he comes off contact in November.

Left edge backrower with size, power, footwork, skill and some hard hitting defence. Looks quite good and could be a good backrow partner for Topine in the future as hes already played alongside him in the Aussie Schoolboys where Topine played lock.

Denan Kemp has done a highlights review of him in the past, I'll try find it and link if I can.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
My boy in Nz (Tony) told me that Blake Green will be released at seasons end as part of a kiwi shakeup and he wants to play on.

Good player actually.

What would dogs fans think of signing him? Either as a Foran replacement or to partner Foran.

It's rare a quality half is voluntarily released like this.
he played well yesterday but i don’t rate him as a player. he will not help us score more tries

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since his on the outer at the warriors I think we should sign him for a year maybe 2 thoughts

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be on the Burton train. So why not sign the young left edge backrower who's played outside him in lower grades in Billy Burns. 8 FG games for 3 tries. Kid runs a strong line.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
So we have all heard we have $3m to spend on players for next year right?
Sounds like a lot, but when u consider we have 11 players off contract and so need to sign 9-11 players to make up the minimum squad numbers there’s not a lot of money really.
Would you spend 600k on three name players and spend the remaining $1.2m on 6-8 average players on 140- 200k each ?

Off contract

Jack Cogger, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Morgan Harper, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham

That’s five forwards and 6 backs to retain or replace .

Up front I would retain Adam Elliot , RFM , Sue and buy one big name and one on minimum or there about.

In the backs I would retain wakeham only.
I would go after two big names and three on minimum .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Including contracted players, or no (signing)?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Also remember we'll promote players to our top 30. Topine for e.g.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If herbie ferbie From broncos or what ever his name is still available you’d definitely enquire. He is the worst on their backline (compared to Coates, Oates, staggs etc). But shouldn’t break the bank and has some decent speed. Not a fullback though so solves nothing.

Fafita if still available would be decent. But hass and tpj seem the better players at this stage. Burton seems decent and if he is stuck down the pecking order could be an option. And then tex hoy is another that screams potential but will be hard to prise away from the knights. We all know the unlikelyhood of grant. And not sold on Brandon Smith. His passing didn’t look as crisp against the roosters. Funny the game changed when Cameron went to 9. But it’s harsh comparing anyone to Cameron.

cotric for no more then 550k. Johnston for no more then 400k. Other then that there isnt really what we need that’s available.

If it was an open slather you’d go Pearce, Tedesco, grant and fill in the rest with solid players. Maybe kockstaggs from raiders. But then again it will be hard to get quality from successful teams if we haven’t made the 8 for almost half a decade.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
Including contracted players, or no (signing)?
Either ,
I guess when you’re going after contracted players you need to give them some incentive to push for release in terms of dollars unless it’s someone who is pissed they can’t get a start behind someone .

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
If herbie ferbie From broncos or what ever his name is still available you’d definitely enquire. He is the worst on their backline (compared to Coates, Oates, staggs etc). But shouldn’t break the bank and has some decent speed. Not a fullback though so solves nothing.

Fafita if still available would be decent. But hass and tpj seem the better players at this stage. Burton seems decent and if he is stuck down the pecking order could be an option. And then tex hoy is another that screams potential but will be hard to prise away from the knights. We all know the unlikelyhood of grant. And not sold on Brandon Smith. His passing didn’t look as crisp against the roosters. Funny the game changed when Cameron went to 9. But it’s harsh comparing anyone to Cameron.

cotric for no more then 550k. Johnston for no more then 400k. Other then that there isnt really what we need that’s available.

If it was an open slather you’d go Pearce, Tedesco, grant and fill in the rest with solid players. Maybe kockstaggs from raiders. But then again it will be hard to get quality from successful teams if we haven’t made the 8 for almost half a decade.
I like Cotric and Johnson. Both their clubs can’t afford to pay them under the cap what we could pay them too. And you’re right don’t want to go over value on them .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Either ,
I guess when you’re going after contracted players you need to give them some incentive to push for release in terms of dollars unless it’s someone who is pissed they can’t get a start behind someone .
A top hooker (Brandon Smith, Grant, Mahoney, Friend)
A top centre (Cotric).
Some top x-factor in the spine, someone like Munster (fullback). I don't mind trying to entice Munster for 1.2m. Munster's the closest thing to Ponga.
A top prop to compliment Thompson, someone like Welch or Flegler if Broncos need to move a forward on (basically someone who's a young Tolman but offers more in attack).

I'd re-sign Elliott, Foran and RFM. Foran and RFM short term options until Averillo and Topine are ready.

War chest spent.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think it's time stamped, Sterlo giving his input on what we need in recruitment (2:15).

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if we took johnson id sign maloney to partner foran/wakeham and a hooker like brandon smith cause harry grant is out of reach and he won't leave melbourne next year as if we had johnson our back 5 could be
1. Johnson/Hoppa
2.Smith/Johnson
3.Hoppa/johnson
4.Averillo
5.DWZ
That would be a good back 5 for me

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cotric
Johnson

Would be great signings.. and look good in the blue an white ad well, these two a must..!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric
Johnson

Would be great signings.. and look good in the blue an white ad well, these two a must..!!
Johson is a winger and we already have plenty of options there. Cotric a key signing i agree as we are lacking a strike centre.