Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds. Get some one who actually wants to play and give 100 percent for the club. Utility to rotate with JMK until we find a top class dummy half.

That's not a big 3. That's a bunch of guys who if they get paid big money will flop.
he is made out of glass though

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all we need is a cool mad passionate playmaker then the entertainers will be back on prime time thursday and friday night

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all his faults, Latrell is top points scorer and top try scorer. Both are things we are lacking big time. He’s had a couple of mental issues this year, but that happens with young kids until they work out who they are.

In saying that, will his defence fit in with ours? I’m not not 100% on that. And $1m on a centre is a big call.

Thus, I’m really undecided on him atm. Anyway, it’s a moot point, uncle Nick won’t let him go

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all his faults, Latrell is top points scorer and top try scorer. Both are things we are lacking big time. He’s had a couple of mental issues this year, but that happens with young kids until they work out who they are.
Surely we need to target David Fafita. he is the best young forward in the game...offer him 800k for the next 5 years. These are the signings we need to make...
In saying that, will his defence fit in with ours? I’m not not 100% on that. And $1m on a centre is a big call.

Thus, I’m really undecided on him atm. Anyway, it’s a moot point, uncle Nick won’t let him go

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fifita is only 19. He's definitely a class above Stimson and Britt and will be for a long time. Don't want to see Parra get him. Would rather him than Jake Turbo for a million a season. As Jake and Tom apparently aren't interested in even talking to us I think for our rebuild we should focus on 3 players. Api Koroisau, Latrell Mitchell and Fifita and forget about Jesse Ramien. I'm a bit concerned about Ramien's attitude anyway. He reportedly put his price up. If he wanted to play for the Dogs you would think he would have already signed by now. If we got all this money to spend for 2021 we might as well get one of the very best forwards and backs of the NRL plus the best available long needed hooker. This would give us so much added attacking strike power in both the forwards and backs - potential line breaks from nothing. As all the other decent hooker options are already signed Koroisau is the best option left available. According to recent media reports looks like we could get Koroisau for 500-600K, Mitchell for 900 - $1m and Fifita for 900 - $1m. I'd also keep Foran if he gets through more games next year than he misses at somewhere around 600-700K and definitely re-sign DWZ at whatever his market value is at the time (probably around 500-600K) Looks like we have a good couple of young centres coming through (one of them to replace Hopa in near future) so whatever is left over I'd throw it at the best next up and coming young five eight on the market to replace Foran in near future.

Imagine our 2021 team looking something like this

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Nick Meaney
Latrell Mitchell
Will Hopoate
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Lachlan Lewis / Jack Cogger / Brandon Wakeham
Dylan Napa
Api Koroisau
Aiden Tolman
CHN
Josh Jackson
David Fifita
RESERVES
Joe Stimson
Renouf Toomoga
RFM
Jesse Sue / Britt / Ogden / JMK

Surplus: Michael Lichaa, Adam Elliott, Marcela Montoya, Kerrod Holland - although might keep Holland as a low cost back up. Also can we teach Okunbur how to catch and defend by then as a back up winger.

Fuck tolman and holland off even if they are free

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Koroisau is the only 'big name' Hooker available. If we sign Reynolds (for cheap, 300k) it gives us another 1-2 years to strengthen this position and/or give JMK more minutes and time in the NRL. I think he's the best option after Koroisau personally.

Lol @ renoylds
Wake up to yourself

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lol @ renoylds
Wake up to yourself
If we don't sign Koroisau, either signing Reynolds for 2 years or resigning Lichaa for 1 year is the next best option. Or we run with 1 Hooker? Is that what you want? We need 2 Hooker's even if we run 1 Hooker, to play CC or if JMK is injured. Wake up to yourself. Do you want to sign Cameron Smith? I don't know what's going through your head, honestly...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s no way I’d pay $1 mill for Latrelle, but I definitely would for Fifita. It’s obvious he’s one of those rare non-spine players, like GI and Sonny-Bill, that lift their whole team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s no way I’d pay $1 mill for Latrelle, but I definitely would for Fifita. It’s obvious he’s one of those rare non-spine players, like GI and Sonny-Bill, that lift their whole team.
They both are not worth 1m, probably more closer to 700k, but you have to overpay to get marquee players that clubs want to retain (an extra 300k, honestly). Fifita might be hard for Broncos to retain due to their salary cap, but also other clubs are going to be going in for him to, which are in a better position then us currently, so we'd have to add 100-200k to the price. Also I think I saw Latrell has scored more points then our entire team (or at least close to it) this year and is the leading try scorer. You add that (the best strike Centre in the game) to our team that's winning games by perfecting the effort areas and we'll be really dangerous. Latrell has that aura where you just give him the ball and he can create an opportunity for himself or someone else on his own. I think everyone right now would tell you left Centre is the position we need to strengthen the most.

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think he will sign for closer to 700k, a price I would’ve paid for him if we didn’t need a hooker and centre so bad.
By the end of 2020 Tolman and a host of other forwards will be off contract. Fifita should definitely be a target. FFS he is only 19 and already killing it. Surely we still have money to spend on a hooker and decent centre even after splurging 700k for Fifita. Don't buy Hesse. We need to sign a gun forward. Fifita is a must.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita is only 19. He's definitely a class above Stimson and Britt and will be for a long time. Don't want to see Parra get him. Would rather him than Jake Turbo for a million a season. As Jake and Tom apparently aren't interested in even talking to us I think for our rebuild we should focus on 3 players. Api Koroisau, Latrell Mitchell and Fifita and forget about Jesse Ramien. I'm a bit concerned about Ramien's attitude anyway. He reportedly put his price up. If he wanted to play for the Dogs you would think he would have already signed by now. If we got all this money to spend for 2021 we might as well get one of the very best forwards and backs of the NRL plus the best available long needed hooker. This would give us so much added attacking strike power in both the forwards and backs - potential line breaks from nothing. As all the other decent hooker options are already signed Koroisau is the best option left available. According to recent media reports looks like we could get Koroisau for 500-600K, Mitchell for 900 - $1m and Fifita for 900 - $1m. I'd also keep Foran if he gets through more games next year than he misses at somewhere around 600-700K and definitely re-sign DWZ at whatever his market value is at the time (probably around 500-600K) Looks like we have a good couple of young centres coming through (one of them to replace Hopa in near future) so whatever is left over I'd throw it at the best next up and coming young five eight on the market to replace Foran in near future.

Imagine our 2021 team looking something like this

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Nick Meaney
Latrell Mitchell
Will Hopoate
Reimis Smith
Kieran Foran
Lachlan Lewis / Jack Cogger / Brandon Wakeham
Dylan Napa
Api Koroisau
Aiden Tolman
CHN
Josh Jackson
David Fifita
RESERVES
Joe Stimson
Renouf Toomoga
RFM
Jesse Sue / Britt / Ogden / JMK

Surplus: Michael Lichaa, Adam Elliott, Marcela Montoya, Kerrod Holland - although might keep Holland as a low cost back up. Also can we teach Okunbur how to catch and defend by then as a back up winger.
As good as Hopoate has been the question is do you re-sign him or do you use his money to buy someone like Manu or xerri? How much will Hoppate want to re-sign? Isn't he on a back ended contract and on big bucks? What if Jackson wants 800K plus to re-sign with us? He is our leader but he is 28. These are the tough decisions that need to be made. You have got to go after the quality players like Fifita who would offer us something different in our pack. Then we need a strike centre and hooker and I wouldn't re-sign Foran after next year. Time to move forward and make the tough decisions for the future. Players like Fifita, Manu, Xerri and a gun hooker will make a huge difference in attack for our team. The other big decision is halfback for 2021. Do you place your faith in Cogger and Lewis?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
As good as Hopoate has been the question is do you re-sign him or do you use his money to buy someone like Manu or xerri? How much will Hoppate want to re-sign? Isn't he on a back ended contract and on big bucks? What if Jackson wants 800K plus to re-sign with us? He is our leader but he is 28. These are the tough decisions that need to be made. You have got to go after the quality players like Fifita who would offer us something different in our pack. Then we need a strike centre and hooker and I wouldn't re-sign Foran after next year. Time to move forward and make the tough decisions for the future. Players like Fifita, Manu, Xerri and a gun hooker will make a huge difference in attack for our team. The other big decision is halfback for 2021. Do you place your faith in Cogger and Lewis?
Hopoate 400-500k, none of the players on back ended deals will get their last year $... they were underpaid in the earlier years, evening it out in the later years where they're now being overpaid...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By the end of 2020 Tolman and a host of other forwards will be off contract. Fifita should definitely be a target. FFS he is only 19 and already killing it. Surely we still have money to spend on a hooker and decent centre even after splurging 700k for Fifita. Don't buy Hesse. We need to sign a gun forward. Fifita is a must.
If we can make the contracts work then I’d love him, I’d be surprised if he left the Broncos though.

Malla

Reaction score
There’ll be 10 other Fifitas that come and go over the next 5 years. Api has gotta be our man.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should offer latrell and manu a big contract first to accept we sign

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So seems most agree we should chase Fafita - great ! I hope management are listening. I can't understand those against signing Koroisou though. Majority surely believe we need to upgrade our hooker. To those suggesting we bring back Josh Reynolds LOL or keep JMK as lead hooker (and re-sign Lichaa as a back up) as better options (LOL again) I really cannot understand and I have to say I'm really really very glad you're not heading up our recruitment. Majority also seem to believe we need to upgrade Holland's spot in the centres but many say we shouldn't sign Mitchell. Is there someone better and "available" you can suggest ? Is there someone more likely to create tries which we desperately need ? Someone said he'd be incapable of tackling like the rest of our guys. Rest of our guys can't attack like Mitchell don't forget. He's got mental issues some say. Like he's gonna be damaged goods forever. Oh and he's quiet in some games. Gee isn't everybody ? Maybe you'd prefer someone whose a 10% upgrade on Holland rather than one of the best or THE BEST attacking centre in the game at the moment - who can also star at fullback if we ever want to switch him there. Someone said here he's scored nearly the same points this season as our whole team. Not bad going hey ? Some want us to chase a replacement for Foran - who exactly ? Not too many superstar halves available / or even in existence. Mitchell Pearce someone suggested. Just can't picture him in a Dogs jersey for some reason. If we got the war chest they're saying though maybe we could chase him too but I'm sure Newcastle would put up a fight and we'd have to go around a mil a season to get him. Team could look like this

DWZ
Meaney
Mitchell
Hopoate
Smith
Lewis
Pearce
Napa
Koroisou
Eesee
Jackson
CHN
Fafita

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So seems most agree we should chase Fafita - great ! I hope management are listening. I can't understand those against signing Koroisou though. Majority surely believe we need to upgrade our hooker. To those suggesting we bring back Josh Reynolds LOL or keep JMK as lead hooker (and re-sign Lichaa as a back up) as better options (LOL again) I really cannot understand and I have to say I'm really really very glad you're not heading up our recruitment. Majority also seem to believe we need to upgrade Holland's spot in the centres but many say we shouldn't sign Mitchell. Is there someone better and "available" you can suggest ? Is there someone more likely to create tries which we desperately need ? Someone said he'd be incapable of tackling like the rest of our guys. Rest of our guys can't attack like Mitchell don't forget. He's got mental issues some say. Like he's gonna be damaged goods forever. Oh and he's quiet in some games. Gee isn't everybody ? Maybe you'd prefer someone whose a 10% upgrade on Holland rather than one of the best or THE BEST attacking centre in the game at the moment - who can also star at fullback if we ever want to switch him there. Someone said here he's scored nearly the same points this season as our whole team. Not bad going hey ? Some want us to chase a replacement for Foran - who exactly ? Not too many superstar halves available / or even in existence. Mitchell Pearce someone suggested. Just can't picture him in a Dogs jersey for some reason. If we got the war chest they're saying though maybe we could chase him too but I'm sure Newcastle would put up a fight and we'd have to go around a mil a season to get him. Team could look like this

DWZ
Meaney
Mitchell
Hopoate
Smith
Lewis
Pearce
Napa
Koroisou
Eesee
Jackson
CHN
Fafita
We're stacked in the Second Row. Elliott and Smith have done a great job this season in the Lock position, but that is where Fifita will play if we sign him IMO. I want to sign Koroisau, but if it's not a posiblity then signing Reynolds for 2 years to play off the bench or resign Lichaa for 1 more year as back up is the next best option IMO, if you have another option let me know. Grant is also the only decent Hooker off contract and available for 2021 too. Centre is the position we need to upgrade the most and I hope we go all in for Latrell for 900k-1m. I think Latrell is a 700k Centre and we have to overpay to get marquee players that other clubs are going to try and retain. Pearce isn't available, anyone who's mentioned him is just throwing names out randomly not knowing how contracts work. With the Half options available for 2020 and 2021 we're best of sticking with what we have IMO. Foran for Half the amount with Lewis. Cogger and Wakeham back up. I'd be happy if we added Latrell and Fifita to our current team and retained everyone. I think Meaney's Wing and Napa starting is a bit iffy tho. It would look something like this.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Latrell GK
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau/JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson C
13. Fifita

14. JMK/Reynolds
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott

Where does Stimson fit? Will we retain RFM?

Also just throwing it out there, everyone we've tried to recruit and been linked with are players that are on the outer at their clubs - either not wanted for attitude, form or salary cap. It's very possible we just keep targeting these misfit type players when they pop up. IMO that's where you get the best value since you don't have to overpay. I guess in Stimson's case it's for an opportunity, but he isn't a proven NRL player yet.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After watching part of the Storm game yesterday, Papenheuzen needs to be a target, he has a big future.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're stacked in the Second Row. Elliott and Smith have done a great job this season in the Lock position, but that is where Fifita will play if we sign him IMO. I want to sign Koroisau, but if it's not a posiblity then signing Reynolds for 2 years to play off the bench or resign Lichaa for 1 more year as back up is the next best option IMO, if you have another option let me know. Grant is also the only decent Hooker off contract and available for 2021 too. Centre is the position we need to upgrade the most and I hope we go all in for Latrell for 900k-1m. I think Latrell is a 700k Centre and we have to overpay to get marquee players that other clubs are going to try and retain. Pearce isn't available, anyone who's mentioned him is just throwing names out randomly not knowing how contracts work. With the Half options available for 2020 and 2021 we're best of sticking with what we have IMO. Foran for Half the amount with Lewis. Cogger and Wakeham back up. I'd be happy if we added Latrell and Fifita to our current team and retained everyone. I think Meaney's Wing and Napa starting is a bit iffy tho. It would look something like this.

1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Latrell GK
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau/JMK
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson C
13. Fifita

14. JMK/Reynolds
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott

Where does Stimson fit? Will we retain RFM?

Also just throwing it out there, everyone we've tried to recruit and been linked with are players that are on the outer at their clubs - either not wanted for attitude, form or salary cap. It's very possible we just keep targeting these misfit type players when they pop up. IMO that's where you get the best value since you don't have to overpay. I guess in Stimson's case it's for an opportunity, but he isn't a proven NRL player yet.
I'd have Stimson on the bench ahead of Elliott and retain RFM if he keeps playing the way he is at the moment. I think Reynolds is too busted to play hooker. He'd be physically incapable of doing 40+ tackles a game. Maybe Danny Levi would be a better option. Yes re Pearce I didn't know he was available either but someone here seems to believe he is

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jai Fcuking ARROW is a must
Fifita would be a massive bonus
Billy smith from roosters (kids a star and won’t wait for manu and Mitchell)
Sione katoa from sharks