Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Quick fix
French (Wants to play fullback)
Can score long range tries eg intercept loose ball or given space. Grubbers behind the line. Finish of breaks.Montoya gives us none of these options.
Sezer
Attacking kicking game , goal kicker. Might even get some repeat sets.
Won’t have our fullback kicking on last tackle any more.
If Foran has to stay he can just concentrate going into the line and putting players through holes. All he is good for these days.
PLUS
Brown or Woolford hooker. Both can put kicks in near the line and create doubt in opposition defence.
The amount of games we have lost this year by small margins . As bad as we are we could have won a couple more with a few tweaks and be sitting in top eight.
Eg any decent winger would have scored a try Montoya butchered from lack of pace and we get away with that game on weekend. Moses is/was our quickest. Now we have nothing.
Kicking game, X factor speed and threatening dummy half near line we would be up there this year even with some of our plodders.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the reports about nu brown heading to manly are true and he's a cheap option, even if he comes with baggage then I don't see why not. Probably the most creative option available atm
Nu brown dislocated his elbow on the weekend out for upto 8 weeks so i doubt if a move to manly is on the cards now.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that Mbye is gone does that mean we have the coin to sign one more pretty decent player? Do we take a punt on Isaako for 350k or someone like that, maybe bring Barba back?
It does put us back in the player market. Should Woods leave surely at least one high profile player we can get. We must get a ball playing half plain and simple. Currently not much available so i'm thinking Norman is someone we can consider as he isn't happy at parra and I'd say we might be able to get parra to pay some of his contract. How good does that sound! lol

Norman has a good kicking game and parra are up the top believe it or not for repeat sets from in goal kicks.He is a ball player and on his day is as good as any other half.

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
because bulldogs letting go of Eastwood tolman Morris twins mbye woods and maybe Foran does this mean we can get some big signings who ever off contract don't Israel Folau want to come to nrl he will be a good fullback option

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wont be signing a big name for afew years apparently.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d be having a talk with Jahrome Hughes’ management.

Expected to take over from Billy Slater however they signed Ryan Papenhuyzen who has a lot of potential.

I’m sure we could find spots for Mason Lino, Sione Katoa, Nick Meaney, Jai Field, Lewis Soosemea, Seb Kris, and Tom Flegler.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never gonna happen but now that Mbye is bye bye to the tigers and we're reportedly still paying part of his wage can we have nofoaluma in return? I'm sure the club will happily throw Montoya in aswell

Two for the price of one, come on tigers make the deal, you know you want to :D

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d be having a talk with Jahrome Hughes’ management.

Expected to take over from Billy Slater however they signed Ryan Papenhuyzen who has a lot of potential.

I’m sure we could find spots for Mason Lino, Sione Katoa, Nick Meaney, Jai Field, Lewis Soosemea, Seb Kris, and Tom Flegler.
Shit man, I’d love to see the Dragqueens forum in meltdown mode if we got our hands on Field - lol!

Either way, there’s plenty of young talent out there...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is 25 yr old Zac Santo worth playing for? Just got a release from the Warriors and signed up with Townsville Blackhawks.

Either that or:
Alexander Brimson - unsigned by Titans past this year, halves or fullback. NYC Player of the year for 2017. ex Keebra Park recruit. Problem is he is starting to fire at the Titans and they may throw coin at him to retain him.
Brenko Lee - Get him back.
Kane Elgey - unsigned by Titans past this year.
Tyrone Roberts-Davis - unsigned by Titans past this year.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is 25 yr old Zac Santo worth playing for? Just got a release from the Warriors and signed up with Townsville Blackhawks.

Either that or:
Alexander Brimson - unsigned by Titans past this year, halves or fullback. NYC Player of the year for 2017. ex Keebra Park recruit. Problem is he is starting to fire at the Titans and they may throw coin at him to retain him.
Brenko Lee - Get him back.
Kane Elgey - unsigned by Titans past this year.
Tyrone Roberts-Davis - unsigned by Titans past this year.
Santo is a good fulltime reserve grader. That’s it.

Brimson was upgraded to a fulltime contract/extension late last year and is not actually off contract.

Brenko Lee is garbage.

TRD is worse than Brenko Lee.

Only Titans I’d be interested in are their juniors like Darius Farmer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know how long Brimson was signed up for? Only thing I can see tends to indicate it was a 1 year extension till end of 2018 season.

Agree with the rest, but we can't afford to shop at Myers/David Jones now, we have to head straight to The Reject Shop/Franklins/BiLo

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sione Katoa wow what a finish
Sign him up ASAP plz

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we seem to be looking at bargain buys, this guy seems to be on the outer at the Titans.
Lately his defence has been questionable, but when he first came to grade I thought this guy had a big future.
He is a natural 7 not a 6 where he has been playing. He poses a good kicking & goal kicking game as well as a decent running game.
The titans seem to be promoting young Brimson, so perhaps they might be looking to offload Elgey & pay some freight.
He just might be a cheap Halfback option for us.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was dropped at the Titans.. does that answer the question?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Elgey is a top player but the problem is both he and Ash Taylor are too similar and clash on the field. Before Taylor came along, Elgey was the man running the show and he was brilliant.

Shits all over Cogger in every facet of the game