Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit early to make that call yet, but It would be worth a look at if pay doesn’t work out. Also I’m sure there will be plenty of other candidates. Pay is the main right now an has to be given a full year or so before we start calling for his head lol.

JMac15

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agreed, he needs time and it isn't his roster for most part. Cogger might help next year but that's about it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Way too early. We just changed coaches. Let’s give Pay a chance to work Hasler’s butt groove out of his office chair before we even talk about considering new coaches.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Give him two years and maybe a chance to shape his team with some salary cap to move. Too early for mine.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s only round 8 of the comp. let Pay have his chance to make his own roster and team. We called for change and got it, now let’s work with it.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're serious about regaining our lost culture we won't even contemplate sacking a coach after 7 games. I can't understand the panic in some people or what they expected out of this slow and overpaid roster. Clearly some players haven't been able to get Haslers horrific style out of their system yet, which was really ugly last week, but even thinking about sacking a new coach after 7 games would be a new low for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we're serious about regaining our lost culture we won't even contemplate sacking a coach after 7 games. I can't understand the panic in some people or what they expected out of this slow and overpaid roster. Clearly some players haven't been able to get Haslers horrific style out of their system yet, which was really ugly last week, but even thinking about sacking a new coach after 7 games would be a new low for us.
Because the negatives far outweigh the few positives, he looks clueless atm. Hopefully he gets his shit sorted asap.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who...these guys?? they do work well together and definitely have talent...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm willing to give Pay the chance to get the side playing well. But he promised some things when he signed up that I'm struggling to see so far. But I'll admit that I had concerns about throwing him in given that he's spent a long while as an assistant coach elsewhere. I know every coach had to debut somewhere, but signing Pay was a gamble made by a CEO who felt it was the best way to hold onto his position based on some catchphrases thrown around by disgruntled fans in my opinion. I Really think that we'd have been better served signing Cleary.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have holland on the bench for fucks sake.
How do u know we dont have a back carrying an injury, and holland is our best backs reserve. 2 of the last 3 matches we lost a back during the game.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do u know we dont have a back carrying an injury, and holland is our best backs reserve. 2 of the last 3 matches we lost a back during the game.
Then rest the back?

Why weaken two positions (bench and a back spot) by playing some injured and holland on the bench.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would certainly consider the Following 2 names that would be absolute bargain buys if given the all clear to play in 2019 after ending up in the crap this year. Could be cheap replacements for the Moz boys and leave money to spend on others.

-Jack Wighton, has a connection to Pay and could play centre at a pinch.

-Taane Milne, could play centre or wing and has plenty of potential.

A third name in the mix

Although lazy at times, Josh Papalli is only 25 and could be that middle forward with thrust that we are missing off the bench or play him at 13. Again wouldn't spend too much on him though but is much better than what we've got and could be very handy. Hits hard.
Zero Tackle is reporting that we have all but signed off on an 18 month contract for Taane Milne.
Talented outside back and because of his indescrections will come very cheap. Id be happy for them to sign him for a bargain basement price.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to be more ruthless and go after the following:

1. Tyrell Fuimaono
2. Apisai Koroisau
3. Ethan Lowe
3. Junior Tatola
4. Alexander Brimson

Fuimaono brings skill, pace, and power. Could be to us what Bird was to the Sharks when they won it in 2016. Koroisau too replace Lichaa and gives us better service from dummy half. Lowe can run lines and help improve our defence, he is also a goalkicker. Tatola is a big body that can run decent lines and have good impact off the bench for us. Brimson is a playmaker with huge potential, definitely a class above Cogger and he could start in our ISP side with the likely departures of Frawley and Cleeland and hopefully prove himself and receive a call-up or even impress in the off season and start in the number 7.

Following off-contract players shouldn't be re-signed:

1. Matt Frawley
2. Josh Cleeland
3. Lachlan Burr
4. Greg Eastwood
5. Rhyse Martin

Frawley and Cleeland whilst both could be decent first graders are currently dead weight for us. Burr was always just a filler player. Eastwood while playing decently this season just isn't up to standard anymore. If Martin was ever going to make it would have had to been earlier this season with the hype he had after the World Cup, he will be 26 next season and doesn't seem like he will make it.

Following players should be offered to other clubs:

1. Adam Elliot
2. Will Hopoate
3. Michael Lichaa
4. Aiden Tolman

I'd be surprised if we weren't able to offload most if not all those players. Elliot is rated by a few teams and coaches around the league, Hopoate could be a decent player for a few sides and would find a club without much issue, Lichaa might be a tough one but I'm sure if Manly lose Koroisau then they might offer him a lifeline, and Tolman shouldn't be too hard to offload considering there are a few clubs struggling for forwards.

Team for 2019 should be:

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Fuimaono
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Brimson
8. Woods
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Lowe
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. To'omaga
15. Ogden
16. Tatola
17. Lewis

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to be more ruthless and go after the following:

1. Tyrell Fuimaono
2. Apisai Koroisau
3. Ethan Lowe
3. Junior Tatola
4. Alexander Brimson

Fuimaono brings skill, pace, and power. Could be to us what Bird was to the Sharks when they won it in 2016. Koroisau too replace Lichaa and gives us better service from dummy half. Lowe can run lines and help improve our defence, he is also a goalkicker. Tatola is a big body that can run decent lines and have good impact off the bench for us. Brimson is a playmaker with huge potential, definitely a class above Cogger and he could start in our ISP side with the likely departures of Frawley and Cleeland and hopefully prove himself and receive a call-up or even impress in the off season and start in the number 7.

Following off-contract players shouldn't be re-signed:

1. Matt Frawley
2. Josh Cleeland
3. Lachlan Burr
4. Greg Eastwood
5. Rhyse Martin

Frawley and Cleeland whilst both could be decent first graders are currently dead weight for us. Burr was always just a filler player. Eastwood while playing decently this season just isn't up to standard anymore. If Martin was ever going to make it would have had to been earlier this season with the hype he had after the World Cup, he will be 26 next season and doesn't seem like he will make it.

Following players should be offered to other clubs:

1. Adam Elliot
2. Will Hopoate
3. Michael Lichaa
4. Aiden Tolman

I'd be surprised if we weren't able to offload most if not all those players. Elliot is rated by a few teams and coaches around the league, Hopoate could be a decent player for a few sides and would find a club without much issue, Lichaa might be a tough one but I'm sure if Manly lose Koroisau then they might offer him a lifeline, and Tolman shouldn't be too hard to offload considering there are a few clubs struggling for forwards.

Team for 2019 should be:

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Fuimaono
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Brimson
8. Woods
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Lowe
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. To'omaga
15. Ogden
16. Tatola
17. Lewis
We have no cap

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Offloading may be difficult.

Firstly: we would need to find a club that actually needs a player of a specific ability that we have on offer; then negotiate exactly how much of their contract the other club would pay and how much we will be up for and understand that as contracts have been heavily back loaded we may not save much in the long run anyway. THEN, we need to find players of ability for positions we have potentially weakened and ones we can afford to buy. Doubt we could go after high profile players so may have to stack our squad with bargain basements and still find that it will be years before we can be truly competitive again.

In an ideal world it may be doable and logical but makes not a lot of sense in the current times.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Throw the bank and a coconut at Semi Radradra we win 3 or 4 more games with him in place of Montoya!!! Prove me wrong