1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion Recruitment and Retention 2019 season? Mega thread

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Bulldog_4_Life, Feb 3, 2018.

1. David holland

David holland Forum Regular

Manu, sheik,mansour only

2. BlackDawg

BlackDawg Forum Regular

Yeah I am all for developing kids from our junior ranks or spotting and flogging promising juniors in other clubs. Then you can cherry pick the gaps with a few marquee buys. I also want to get away from selecting athlete type footballers versus a kid that has innate footballing instinct. I really miss that about the NRL these days...so many big body athletes with no instinct for the game. Give me a baabaa alfie or Kenny any day.

3. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

True, we don’t even know if mbye is gonna flourish or nourish.

P.s nourish is the first word that came to my mind that rhymed with flourish even though it means not what I intended.

4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Immortal

Fuck up-ish ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Realist90

Realist90 Immortal

You’ve had time to think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. timetopisshasleroff

timetopisshasleroff Forum Regular

I wouldnt even wait till 19, id throw todd carney a bone, cheap pickup good goalkicker, he would have heaps to prove deserves a chance imo.

7. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Immortal

Best base scenario Win a comp with this squad and have a treasure chest for 2019

Worst case scenario give the comp a shake and still have a treasure chest for 2019

Never will happen again scenario Des coaching us to a boring shithouse season again

8. KiwiDog7

KiwiDog7 Immortal

Carney? Really ? Deserves a chance lol

The games gone past the likes of him and fellow ‘never learn my lesson’ mate Barba

• Best Post Best Post x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. XR6T

XR6T Kennel Enthusiast

Are you fibbing again....yes we have! :tongueclosed:

2f9a4813.jpg

10. Daustin

Daustin Forum Regular

wish we could get fusitua and a quality 5/8 or half to partner foran. Mbye is unknown at fullback but he definately has the speed and passing game to be good and i really think lichaa will be a gun this year. We have the australian front row starting and with jacko and RFM i think we have a quality second row which a good spine would love to be behind

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hulk76

Hulk76 Forum Regular

Fusitua and Latrell Mitchell. They would tear it up for the next 10 years.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Blue & White Dynamite

Blue & White Dynamite Participant

Look I know everyone here rates Joseph Manu and so do I,but there is a great up and coming outside back who is equally as good as Manu whose name never seems to get a mention and that is Jesse Ramien from the Sharks. Trust me this kid has got a great future, has got a powerful frame, good footwork, speed to burn and can find the tryline. He is a solid defender also, reminds me of a young Josh Morris! His attacking skills are equal to Brenko Lee but can actually defend his line with ease. If Brett and Josh are moving on at seasons end I would dearly love to see Manu and Ramien replace them, both are yet to have breakout years and we should nab them before their prices surge. Personally it would be truly satisfying to poach a couple of good players from both the Roosters and Sharks given they pretty much poach every other good young forward and outside back prospect from other clubs every year!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blue & White Dynamite

Blue & White Dynamite Participant

The last type of players Canterbury need at the moment are Props, Second rowers and halves because we already have a plethora of young guys coming through such as

Props - Tualau, Ogden, Fualalo

Second Rowers - Elliot, Martin, Toomaga

Halves - Cleeland, Frawley, Lewis, Cogger

Pay’s first priority will no doubt be to mould Mbye into a reliable and consistent 10 season fullback and if he doesn’t gel in that position then our next priority will surely be to purchase a gun established fullback. We desperately need some continuity in our backline due to the uncertain futures of a couple of old heads notably Brett and Josh. I suggest we blood Jayden Okunbar this year at some stage then get on the market and bring Manu and Ramien in. 2019 we mould Cogger to become our long term halfback and hey presto we have a fantastic spine, phenomal forwards and classy backline to finish off. Next thing you know we are winning comp after comp, wouldn’t that be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlphaPapaBravo

AlphaPapaBravo Kennel Addict

Forgot about Raimen, there was talks sharks could start him though. Gela-Mosby to (hes happy with family up north) but how long can Cowboys keep him outta first grade.
    1. Mbye
    2. Montoya
    3. Hopoate
    4. Suli
    5. Raimen
    would be pretty good

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wokball

Wokball Participant

A little birdie , NO a BIG birdie ( hint hint ) mentioned to me earlier this week that his friend Jimmy Tedesco is regretting his move to Latte town.
    The pressure is on at Bondi and the players are feeling it .
    Coach Robinson is coaching for his career.

Does anyone believe we should have a serious crack at bringing Tadesco to Belmore ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wokball

Wokball Participant

It was also reported by Peter Tunks on talking sport this week that Josh Mansour had asked Phil Gould for an immediate release.
    He's always been open of his desire to one day wear the blue and white.
    How did we allow this bloke to slip out of our junior system and head West ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Phalangist

Phalangist Kennel Enthusiast

That can be coached out of him.. i would rather a player like that with potential to be destructive then a boring player that makes me fall asleep like holland.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Phalangist

This is from a rooster fan

I don't get our recruitment plan we already have Toups/Fergo/SKD who are better wingers than centres why do we need Mansour as well, allocation of cap resources is totally off.

How the hell a roosters fan can whinge about there clubs recruiting is astonishing

19. Phalangist

He went to South Sydney first didn't he?

20. Phalangist

We shouldn't chase any fullback until we see how mbye goes