Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RTS will be worth it.
Yeah a superstar player would be worth it definitely, but like I would hate to sign someon like Mansour for 800k just because we have the money. There is only 2 wingers I would offer that money to in the whole comp, Holmes and Radradra before he left.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah a superstar player would be worth it definitely, but like I would hate to sign someon like Mansour for 800k just because we have the money. There is only 2 wingers I would offer that money to in the whole comp, Holmes and Radradra before he left.
Yeah I wouldn't even spend that much on any winger to be honest unless he had a 100% goal kicking record.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some on that list are getting old.

Mansour is 28 this year... may as well keep the Morris brothers if that's the line of thinking.

I'd love Joey Manu at the club, but Roosters will pay him $3 million a season to stay with them. Might be better throwing money at Ken Maumalo instead.

1. Mbye
2. Suli
3. Manu / Maumalo
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
Ken Maumalo
1. He’s a winger not a centre
2. He’s an average winger with bad hands

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Having seen Foran today, ripped....
Having been told Mbye is too short for a Fullback...
Cheer up good times are coming.
Woods is significantly bigger than most humans, as is Klemmer...couldn't get close to the autograph line for either.
Jackson...shook every single hand in the sydney 128km radius with a smile.
This may be polarising but

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's way too early to be thinking about this type of thing. If Pay has the ability to get the best out of our current squad and give the juniors confidence as they transition from the lower grades to the NRL we may need to spend a lot of the cash we have on hand to upgrade who we have. Let the Roosters and Broncos pay massive bucks on players after they have career best years.Treat our players really well and make them happy to spend the best years of their career here.

If we're performing well with who we have and helping players to improve, I'd prefer to manage the cap by front loading some contracts on our stars and picking the eyes out of the best 18-21 year olds others have to offer where we haven't produced great talent. Save plenty of money from the cap to offer incentive based contracts to any juniors and to potentially upgrade others that step up when they get opportunities. In that way they're not instantly looking to get out of their contracts to chase more money elsewhere if they explode on the scene. To my way of thinking we'll become a club that players would hope to sign with to improve their careers. It's time for the club to go back to being a role model of professionalism like we were when The Bullfrog ran things.
I like what you say Alan79

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we need more of whats happening...Dib stood up with Langmack.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go all out for RTS.....but I think he will go to titans who have money to burn with Hayne leaving. What about Michael Morgan....but we def need a gun centre ....are there any quality centres on the market?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No idea yet. Want to see how who we have goes under Pay for a bit and see where we are weak, if at all. Maybe a back to replace a mozz if they both retire. One mozz will probably be replaced by someone in the lower grades. Def do not want to chase a fb until we see how mbye goes there

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rumours are that we are going to pursue Mansour. There are a lot of decisions that will be made by the club. Do we offer the Morris boys 2 year deals with the 2nd year in the clubs favour, at a lower rate then what there on now. If they play on we won’t need Mansour, or a strike centre. If they retire mansour will be an option as well as a strike centre. I’d love a big bustling 2nd rower. See how the teams going after 10 rounds and then decided who we want.
I thought there was pretty strong mail that Mansour is already a done deal to the Roosters...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the Morris boys leave we'll need outside backs - preferably very fast ones who can tackle.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays chance to build a squad that he likes, So who would you guys like to see wear the blue and white in 2019?

Some good players that are available are:

Josh Papalii
Aiden Sezer
Junior Paulo
Kane Elgey
Felise Kaufusi
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Brock Lamb
Lachlan Coote
Ethan Lowe
Michael Morgan
Justin O’Neil
Josh Mansour
Joesph Manu

Even though we signed Cogger I still included a few half’s in there because you just never know with injuries or with Forans personal issues. Hopefully Foran has put these things behind him but if he hasn’t and we need another half then don’t be surprised if Pay goes after Lamb to reunite Lamb/Cogger in the half’s because he coached them together for the junior Nsw team. Also a lot of this depends on how Mbye goes at Fullback, if he fires then we can focus on other players but if he flops then we have to give everything we have to get RTS.

If Mbye fires and Foran recovers he’s past form then I’d like us to go after;

One of:
1. Joesph Manu
2. Josh Mansour

One of:
1. Papalii
2. Lowe

And as well as Junior Paulo because I think Pay likes the type of player he is.

Even after these signing we would have around a million to play with but can just stay in the bank and chase another superstar the year after.

From what I have seen of Joseph Manu, he would be a special to make the Australian touch footy team. He is a turnstile.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mansour. He'll be 29 but that's fairly young for a winger. We'll still get a good few years out of him. He's an ab

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays chance to build a squad that he likes, So who would you guys like to see wear the blue and white in 2019?

Some good players that are available are:

Josh Papalii
Aiden Sezer
Junior Paulo
Kane Elgey
Felise Kaufusi
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Brock Lamb
Lachlan Coote
Ethan Lowe
Michael Morgan
Justin O’Neil
Josh Mansour
Joesph Manu

Even though we signed Cogger I still included a few half’s in there because you just never know with injuries or with Forans personal issues. Hopefully Foran has put these things behind him but if he hasn’t and we need another half then don’t be surprised if Pay goes after Lamb to reunite Lamb/Cogger in the half’s because he coached them together for the junior Nsw team. Also a lot of this depends on how Mbye goes at Fullback, if he fires then we can focus on other players but if he flops then we have to give everything we have to get RTS.

If Mbye fires and Foran recovers he’s past form then I’d like us to go after;

One of:
1. Joesph Manu
2. Josh Mansour

One of:
1. Papalii
2. Lowe

And as well as Junior Paulo because I think Pay likes the type of player he is.

Even after these signing we would have around a million to play with but can just stay in the bank and chase another superstar the year after.
My top 4

Morgan(classy,priceless)....mansour(unpredictable,gives 100%)...papalli( experienced, destructive) sheck(lightning fast, dogs have luck buying kiwis)

BTW... Adam (idiot) elliot better step up this year... Highly overated for mine. Don't understand the buzz around this guy.. Hope he proves me wrong