Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we make a play for Feki from Cronulla? Apparently sharks letting him go before June 30 to have space for Woods?
In regards to Woods going to the sharks with Prior making origin and Fifita he would only be on the bench for them currently lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should make enquiries about Zac Santo or Gideon Gela Mosby (or both).

We desperately need a fullback and some decent pace.

Snag both of them and you end up with:

1. Santo
2. BMoz (or Crichton)
3. JMoz (or Holland)
4. Hoppa
5. Gela Mosby

That would give us much needed pace on the edges, with a smart quick fullback at the back, and solid centres.
So you bag Meaney since he's signed and you toss up Zac Santo instead?

He's an ISP journey man that has managed 3 NRL games at 3 different clubs over 4 years!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, when I watch the Bulldogs play, Mbye is your most likely attacking weapon. The Roosters have played Canterbury twice this year and both times he’s easily been the most threatening. Being told you’re not wanted must fuck with your mindset. I reckon he will kill it at the Tigers.
Being the most threatening player in the bulldogs attack is like being the smartest kid at a special school for retards

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

He's an ISP journey man that has managed 3 NRL games at 3 different clubs over 4 years!
Nearly tops his suggestion of replacing Mbye with a certain 26 year old Burleigh Bears player who's uncapped at first grade level.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

3 NRL games at 2 clubs actually. 1 for NQ, and 2 for Raiders. 1 try too I might add.

Santo has shown more in his career than Meaney has. Lets face it he wasn't unseating Michael Morgan in his prime at the Cowboys, and certainly not Jack Wighton at Raiders, nor RTS at Warriors.

I'm not bagging Meaney, I'm being realistic. We don't have a season to "try and see if someone can play fullback", we need someone who already IS a fullback.

The sooner fans stop overhyping the guy expecting the next Hazem El Masri or Patten, the better we will be.

Nothing that Meaney has shown in Flegg or NSW Cup (and I've watched him play a bit), gives me anything to be excited over.

He's a Brett Lane/Brent Crisp/Brad Abbey all over again. Bog average attack, and god aweful defence. It's like he doesn't have a set of arms and has to tackle by bumping people with his shoulder.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
My name IS Nasheed and I have a footballing instinct that usually gets it right.

I have a way out, but its a very educated gamble.

The first thing we have done correct is get rid of that (insert your choice of term) rubbish in Mbye.

You guys truly dont understand the cancer he was to us.
He was soaking up a million bucks a season nearly due to the structure of his deal, and he created nothing for us as he has no natural instinct to create a hole or back up a play. This is masked because he's quick so once hes in a hole he looks like he's on the run from the police.

What we now must do is get Woods or Forans contract FRONT ended. Theres a hole in the 2nd part of this seasons cap of about 300k. Restructure Forans contract to slice 100k of following seasons. This makes him easier to unload should the medical retirement fail.

Then we make a few astute moneyball purchases to plug little gaps. Heighington a great example. Hes old but thats great because we just need him to tie us over 12 months.

Then we wait in the shadows like stalkers in the night.
For the last 5 years, there is ALWAYS an issue in Rugby league that creates a fallout and a good player becomes available at short notice. Someone like Norman will be next. Or a Gold Coast player, or whatever. If we are cashed up and waiting in the wings, we can snatch a good player, and do what Tigerpies did to us.

Also, why have we not ever looked at Farah?
Hes cheap and creative. How is that not an astute buy. Everytime ive raised this i just get fluff like 'hes a wanker' and meaningless stuff.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 NRL games at 2 clubs actually. 1 for NQ, and 2 for Raiders. 1 try too I might add.

Santo has shown more in his career than Meaney has. Lets face it he wasn't unseating Michael Morgan in his prime at the Cowboys, and certainly not Jack Wighton at Raiders, nor RTS at Warriors.

I'm not bagging Meaney, I'm being realistic. We don't have a season to "try and see if someone can play fullback", we need someone who already IS a fullback.

The sooner fans stop overhyping the guy expecting the next Hazem El Masri or Patten, the better we will be.

Nothing that Meaney has shown in Flegg or NSW Cup (and I've watched him play a bit), gives me anything to be excited over.

He's a Brett Lane/Brent Crisp/Brad Abbey all over again. Bog average attack, and god aweful defence. It's like he doesn't have a set of arms and has to tackle by bumping people with his shoulder.
No he’s been at 3 NRL clubs and one he couldn’t even crack a game at and who cares about one try.

No one has over hyped Meaney they are just willing to give him a chance. Giving a bloke who hasn’t cut it at 3 clubs is a much bigger risk then giving Meaney a go. I have watched him from when he played Holden Cup and he has potential and he really plays nothing like those players you mentioned he has a tonne more pace for starters and is a ball runner.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No he’s been at 3 NRL clubs and one he couldn’t even crack a game at and who cares about one try.

No one has over hyped Meaney they are just willing to give him a chance. Giving a bloke who hasn’t cut it at 3 clubs is a much bigger risk then giving Meaney a go. I have watched him from when he played Holden Cup and he has potential and he really plays nothing like those players you mentioned he has a tonne more pace for starters and is a ball runner.
Sorry forgot about the Warriors.

I guess we will have to wait and see... I just think we need an established fullback, not a "can this bloke play fullback in first grade". If we are going to do that, at least give Bergs a run first.

Meaney was the fastest player in the Knights over 100m... at least in 2017 before Ponga arrived.

My biggest concern about Meaney is that he cannot defend. He's like Jayden Okunbor, Jamal Idris, and Marcelo Montoya had a horribly bad defensive love child.

Arm grabbing is even an exaggeration.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tyrone Roberts, Should the bulldogs make a play for him I think his a great half and can kick goals thoughts

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/44519592

Tyrone Roberts will leave Warrington at the end of the season to return to Australia on "compassionate grounds".

The 27-year-old half-back joined the Wolves from National Rugby League side Gold Coast Titans on a three-year deal at the start of this season.

But his contract contained a clause allowing him to go back to the NRL after one year.

"It's just unfortunate that his family is homesick," said Wolves head coach Steve Price.

"One thing I'm sure about with Tyrone is that he is fully committed to Warrington for the rest of the year.

"He has outlined to me personally that he's determined to leave in a successful manner."

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should the bulldogs make a play for him I think his a great half and can kick goals thoughts
Very under rated player, can kick well converts and good in play. Always known to be terrible defender, I would take him but he may not be the answer for us

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that kills the rumour about Norman and the Titans. Roberts is actually a great utility. Our coach should look at players like him in that role not Holland

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roberts will be joining titans before June 30 apparently

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish we get him his a great player but I don't think we have enough money to buy a ball boy.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While he might be better than what we currently have on the paddock he isn't that much of an upgrade. 5 bad games for every good one is not good value for us given our current woes.