Records fall as Dogs decimate Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had a couple of key players out and were clearly off their game especially in defense, we did well to shut them out, Elliots work rate is spreading.
The Sharks will be a bit more clinical and harder to stop, at least we now have our own Holmes.
This match will be good yardstick for our new found form. Maybe springboard for 2019 season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It was both of those but I don't if it was most ponts conceded (I think that's what you meant Mr I)?
It was the largest points difference in a win by the Dogs over the Dragons in history.

I.E We have never beaten the Dragons by more than a 38 points difference in history. We've beaten them a few times into the 40s, but it's always been like 44-18, or 42-12 or something.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A video of an angry Dragons fan setting fire to their jersey also emerged on Instagram Sunday, with the caption “f***ing useless c***s”.

Burn fuckers!!!!!!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way the dogs played went a long way to erasing memories of the way they had been playing over the last two years. Wants some way to but not quite erasing my memory of St Merge robbing us of the minor premiership in the former penultimate match when Jamie Soward fooled the video ref into disallowing the General’s try on full-time. Sweet justice long in coming.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A video of an angry Dragons fan setting fire to their jersey also emerged on Instagram Sunday, with the caption “f***ing useless c***s”.

Burn fuckers!!!!!!
Was probably our supporters lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They had a couple of key players out and were clearly off their game especially in defense, we did well to shut them out, Elliots work rate is spreading.
The Sharks will be a bit more clinical and harder to stop, at least we now have our own Holmes.
We had a few players out too, and were not playing for a top four position. It's the attitude that infects the Dragons that is the problem. If they are to be competitive, and challenge for a premiership, they have to be able to rise to the occasion.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had to triple check the facts on this one, but I had a feeling I was right.

I can confirm that during this game today, two records have been smashed between these 2 clubs.

RECORD 1
Today was the biggest winning margin against the Dragons (including St George-Illawarra, Illawarra Steelers, and St George), in history between both clubs.

RECORD 2
Today was the highest score against the Dragons (including St George-Illawarra, Illawarra Steelers, and St George), whilst holding them to 0, in history between both clubs.

DID YOU KNOW:
Last time we kept Dragons to 0 in a game (which has only happened once against the joint venture), which was Round 3 (Feb) 2000, when we beat them 24-0.

FOR THE RECORD:
The last time the Dogs held a team to 0 was beating Melb Storm 39-0 in July 2013.
The last tme we beat a team by MORE THAN 36 was March 2014 beating Sharks 42-4
Ooooh What A Feeling :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was more into rugby league in the early- mid 90’s.
Lost interest after the ARL/SL split.
Back then Australia didn’t have Foxtel cable lines installed all over Sydney yet, so I was stuck with Optus vision and the ARL deal.

Since the bulldogs didn’t play in the ARL it gave me even more reason to lose interest.
I know people who switch from supporting the bulldogs completely because of the super league!

The NRL came into existence 20 years ago and my dad took me to see the Bulldogs take on Melbourne in the last home game at Belmore.
Pissing down rain, playing ironically, against a Chris Anderson coach Storm team, in the storming rain.
The bulldogs won that game like 8-6 or something like that?
I think Polla-Mounta got the try? Can’t remember?
The bulldogs then won their last away game I think against the dragons?

To make the top 8 and go on sudden death every week but one in the finals to get rolled by the Broncos!
That’s a big reason that brought me back.
I sat through the salary cap scandal and Coffs Harbour like everyone else who supports the bulldogs.

I think I even cried when Braith Anasta cried pleading the NRL not to strip their points?
At least through all the years 2004 happened.
Been pretty much misery after that.

I think what steered me away is how erratic the game has changed.
2 referees, no more June 30 deadline, rules keep changing every year etc

I guess I just got worn out with it all?
I feel your pain and I take back my comment ,you are a true blue bulldog ,just wounded from bad experiences.Lets hope next year things change for the sake of our mental health

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We absolutely own the Dragons I love the fact we have inflicted so much pain on them.

We ended their 11 season premiership streak, beat them in the 85 GF, knocked them out of the finals in 95,98,15 and 17.

We also gave Illawarra and the St George their last ever defeats before they merged!
We didn’t even make it to the finals in 2017 ,you referring to nsw cup?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We didn’t even make it to the finals in 2017 ,you referring to nsw cup?
His talking about the game in 2017 before the finals we beat them , and if dragons won they would’ve been playing finals

Status
Not open for further replies.