Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The results don’t justify his coaching but I’d say there’s a lot of players in that team not playing their best and I’d say 100% a lot of this team is dirty their friends have been shafted/some of them will have been tapped on the shoulder. If it’s the same next year then we know it’s dean pay

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn’t Anderson doing some mentoring? I’m sure he will get the juniors and blokes coming through that Hasler ballsed up
Maybe a director of coaching (Michael Hagan/or Potter) someone who can get all grades aligned with a style and give Pay some advice
I’m starting to think the task is to big for a rookie coach esp with the messy cap situation. Pay may be worried about rev ups/sprays etc dropping seasoned players!
Seriously we are an absolute mess at them moment and it looks like it’s going to be dark for a long time

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have a horrible spine. Our 1, 6, 7, 9 would struggle to walk into many other teams.

We have no depth for the bench. We have been within a try in 8 games or so.

Not saying we should toot our horns and dance towards the rainbows. But even Batman couldn’t save the titanic.

I’m not saying pay is a brilliant coach, I actually never wanted him here. But you can’t blame the coach who had no input what’s so ever in team management and recruitment. No input in the roster (which is giving parra teams of the past a run for their money as the worst team to be hypothetically over the cap). We were a lame team last year and spent the money in the wrong areas.

We have made so many mistakes in terms of recruitment and pay is the scape goat. In all honesty Bellamy, Bennett, Arthur, heck even mourinho couldn’t improve a team like this.

Put it this way, our spine this week wouldn’t even be that dominant in intrust.....

Fact of the matter is we are rebuilding. But the reality is we spent so much money on players that would not be stars on other teams. That’s why we are in this position. Why woods, tolman, Eastwood, the morrises, Foran are eating up over 40% of our cap is absurd.

Like others have said you can’t polish a turd...... well we are a sewage treatment facility in the grand scheme of things.

Keep 3-4 core young players. Bring in the best juniors (18-22yo) looking for a shot. Bring in some hard nosed experienced players. And hope for a premiership window in 3-4 years when the team hits its prime.

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay gets the squad until the end of 2019. In saying that I cannot stomach watching players who are not 1st grade standard be given free passes to dogs jerseys. It was obvious today certain players are not career NRL players...and sadly that was against a side we should have been capable of beating. So in summary I will become a Pay critic if he keeps trotting out the retards I am currently seeing in our proud jersey.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Roster is shit, coach is now questioned for me too

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to attract players, a coach who can bring players to the club. We can pay top dollar for players
which coach is that apart from bellamy? every other coach has garbage years and great years depending on the team they have

Status
Not open for further replies.