Opinion Realistically, is there real chance that some clubs may die due to current situation?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You poor bastard. Your missing the pinnacle of our great game. Maybe you don't understand it.
I don't see it that way anymore. Saw too many origin games decided by contentious refs calls. If I'm getting angry as a result of watching, my best course of action is to not watch. I used to watch every game of league on tv too. I just can't help but think that refs are deciding more games than the footballers. Case in point being last year's GF. I've been very close to not even watching our games. Can't quite stop supporting the Bulldogs though.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If bulldogs fold, so be it.
AS LONG as other teams fold as well.
If it's just us it'll be rough.
Times like this I'm prepared, it's why I support Souths as well.
You guys called me an idiot for being passionate about Souths.
You rolled your eyes when I stocked up on 2 years of toilet paper, mince and pasta and water.
My neighbours thought I was weird building a security fortress bunker in my Granville backyard.

Who is laughing now though? I'm the only one who will get out of this scot free (job aside).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see it that way anymore. Saw too many origin games decided by contentious refs calls. If I'm getting angry as a result of watching, my best course of action is to not watch. I used to watch every game of league on tv too. I just can't help but think that refs are deciding more games than the footballers. Case in point being last year's GF. I've been very close to not even watching our games. Can't quite stop supporting the Bulldogs though.
If the bulldogs didn’t exist then I would have never been a rugby league man through an through, if the bulldogs don’t exist after this pandemic, then I am done with league all together. I will not support another club, I refuse to do so. The bulldogs have been my life for 35 years and that stops when they do..!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If the bulldogs didn’t exist then I would have never been a rugby league man through an through, if the bulldogs don’t exist after this pandemic, then I am done with league all together. I will not support another club, I refuse to do so. The bulldogs have been my life for 35 years and that stops when they do..!!!
Are you ya fan of rugby league or just the bulldogs?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the Parramatta Canterbury eels with a yellow white and blue Hersey Played it of Homebush if we had to merge. Natural marriage in geography. No more fighting over Auburn, Lidcombe and Yagoona.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you ya fan of rugby league or just the bulldogs?
Both Nasheed, I love rugby league because of the bulldogs, it’s a great game.. BUT, I will not support another team if the bulldogs fold. That’s why I’m here on TK, because this is my team and the only team!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What about a merger of
'Parramatta Bankstown Eels'
With a jersey design similar to ours that has both colours such as the attached.

here's the kicker,
The logo will be a homage to us, it will be an eel with a face that resembles our current bulldog logo, still an eel but with our face.
Something similar To the attached photo of the toy.
56531F80-EAFE-4555-8834-CCCFD670747D.jpeg 09F2A546-5ECD-45C1-9335-E08BDD5F1699.jpeg
Both Nasheed, I love rugby league because of the bulldogs, it’s a great game.. BUT, I will not support another team if the bulldogs fold. That’s why I’m here on TK, because this is my team and the only team!!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys called me an idiot for being passionate about Souths.
You rolled your eyes when I stocked up on 2 years of toilet paper, mince and pasta and water.
My neighbours thought I was weird building a security fortress bunker in my Granville backyard

You do come across as an extraordinarily weird idiot so they weren't wrong

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt our great club will survive.
Ultimately I like tens of orher supporters would be prepared to put our hands in our pockets to ensure it does.

The leagues club being closed for say minimum 3 months will have a huge financial impact. But luckily the leagues club does have a strong balance sheet.

Please no more talk of merger or end of days.