Realistic team for 2022

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. DWZ (I’d rather Cotric play here if we can get another centre)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. (Doorey maybe? Not Waddell)
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Hetherington

We need a 9, a big starting prop who can get us on the front foot, and 2 bench forwards who can provide impact and continue momentum.

I don’t think we need to sign another back anymore, our weakness is in the forwards, and we should put all our focus on signing the right ones.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Allan
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Naden (Schoupp/Alamoti)
5. DWZ (Okunbor)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Smith
10. Rudolf
11. Elliott
12. Doorey
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Atoni
16. Hetherington
17. RFM (Topine)

Done. We might make the top 8 with that. I'm not even confident with that anymore. We can reshuffle the backline depending on what's the go with Allan.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd try and get Adam Reynolds we need an experienced leader to get us out of this shit & Brandon Smith

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd try and get Adam Reynolds we need an experienced leader to get us out of this shit & Brandon Smith
Already invested in Burton and Flanagan, isn't a realistic option imo. Flanagan will get at least 1 more year with Burton. Burton needs to carry us and be a Pongalike signing.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy with our halves for next year, especially with Burton joining. I don’t think it would be wise to spend any more money on the 1-7.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Jacko is not a lock
u need someone that can churn out attacking metres

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jacko is not a lock
u need someone that can churn out attacking metres
He's just a tackle bot now, Jake Trbojevic 2.0. I've always prefered Elliott at lock (can ball play, explosive) but Jackson's a liability on the edge now.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Corey Allen
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Nick Cotric
4. Aaron Schoupp
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan (gk)
8. Luke Thompson
9. Blayke Brailey
10. Martin Taupau
11. Adam Elliot
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jackson Topine
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Toby Rudolf
17. Joe Stimson

Taupau is under for contract for next year but it seems the Sea Eagles are willing to let him go as they are looking at Su'a... Brailey is not off contract but McInnes is coming across to the Sharks next year and hopefully if we offer something in return and come to an agreement with Brailey, I am hoping we can get him across... I have also picked Rudolf as he is off contract but it is really just anyone that can play FG and make metres --> Liu, Finucane, Rudolf etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Corey Allen
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Nick Cotric
4. Aaron Schoupp
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan (gk)
8. Luke Thompson
9. Blayke Brailey
10. Martin Taupau
11. Adam Elliot
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jackson Topine
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Toby Rudolf
17. Joe Stimson

Taupau is under for contract for next year but it seems the Sea Eagles are willing to let him go as they are looking at Su'a... Brailey is not off contract but McInnes is coming across to the Sharks next year and hopefully if we offer something in return and come to an agreement with Brailey, I am hoping we can get him across... I have also picked Rudolf as he is off contract but it is really just anyone that can play FG and make metres --> Liu, Finucane, Rudolf etc.
From all reports McInnes has been bought to play lock.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
How bout addo carr to fullback. Has decent skill to go with freakish speed. Might be a surprise. Could play averillo and DWZ on the wings and cotric Allen in the centre’s. Agree we need a hooker and 2 or 3 damaging forwards l. Should spend all our cash on these players and spend the rest on min wagers.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bout addo carr to fullback. Has decent skill to go with freakish speed. Might be a surprise. Could play averillo and DWZ on the wings and cotric Allen in the centre’s. Agree we need a hooker and 2 or 3 damaging forwards l. Should spend all our cash on these players and spend the rest on min wagers.
No.

No more players playing out of position. In the backline you named, only DWZ is in the correct position, and maybe Cotric. I think:

1. Allen
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Cotric
5. DWZ

Would be better and we wouldn’t have to spend much more on the backline.

Agree that we need to splurge on some forwards and a hooker.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. JAC
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. DWZ (I’d rather Cotric play here if we can get another centre)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. (Doorey maybe? Not Waddell)
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Hetherington

We need a 9, a big starting prop who can get us on the front foot, and 2 bench forwards who can provide impact and continue momentum.

I don’t think we need to sign another back anymore, our weakness is in the forwards, and we should put all our focus on signing the right ones.
1 Corey Allen
2 JAC
3 NicK Cotric
4 Brett Naden
5 Jayden Ounbor
6 Matt Burton
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Luke Thompson
9 Bradley Deitz
10 Martin Tapau
11 Jaydn Su'A
12 RFM
13 Josh Jackson

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Addocarr is full of energy would be supporting all day every half break he would finish off. Not to mention his returns. Rod Silva was the most potent fullback I’ve seen for us addocarr is a better version

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From all reports McInnes has been bought to play lock.
even so, McInnes' abilities to play hooker can be used to negotiate with Brailey and potentially facilitate a release