TripleM Readys mail

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think CSmith retiring or not actually makes much difference. Right now Melbourne have 3 x NRL level hookers, CSmith, BSmith and Grant. If Grant returns next year and gets the hooker job then BSmith misses out. Sure he can play lock, but locks don't get the big bucks like a hooker does and BSmith knows that. I'd be in BSmith's ear right now telling him that Grant's coming back and taking his spot and his value will drop as a result of having to play hooker. He will be 25 next year which is prime earning age for a hooker, so it would be an easy sell to convince him that he is missing out. Plus Bellamy is retiring next year, so he won't be there as the attraction past that. Then I'd get in Grant's ear and tell him the same thing, get them hating each other.

After priming them up I'd get both Grant and BSmith (and their agents) in the same room together and offer them, say, $750k right now, first one to sign gets the gig.

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think CSmith retiring or not actually makes much difference. Right now Melbourne have 3 x NRL level hookers, CSmith, BSmith and Grant. If Grant returns next year and gets the hooker job then BSmith misses out. Sure he can play lock, but locks don't get the big bucks like a hooker does and BSmith knows that. I'd be in BSmith's ear right now telling him that Grant's coming back and taking his spot and his value will drop as a result of having to play hooker. He will be 25 next year which is prime earning age for a hooker, so it would be an easy sell to convince him that he is missing out. Plus Bellamy is retiring next year, so he won't be there as the attraction past that. Then I'd get in Grant's ear and tell him the same thing, get them hating each other.

After priming them up I'd get both Grant and BSmith (and their agents) in the same room together and offer them, say, $750k right now, first one to sign gets the gig.

Go Dogs
Grants a no go. Has an agreement with Melb he won't break

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Go Dogs
B Smith already said he wants to play 9. When they asked him if he will tell melb he wants 9 and. May want to leave he laughed and said that's for my manager I'm no one to demand.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
B Smith would be stupid to stay loyal to the Storm to get payed significantly less and play second fiddle..

fact is if C Smith retires, Grant has leap-frogged B Smith and becomes the starting hooker...

If C Smith stays, Grant gets solid minutes off the bench with a significant pay hike in readiness for the years ahead.

Either way, B Smith would be better off playing in a starting gig. At the Bulldogs, that can be the next 7-8 years of his career.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
B Smith would be stupid to stay loyal to the Storm to get payed significantly less and play second fiddle..

fact is if C Smith retires, Grant has leap-frogged B Smith and becomes the starting hooker...

If C Smith stays, Grant gets solid minutes off the bench with a significant pay hike in readiness for the years ahead.

Either way, B Smith would be better off playing in a starting gig. At the Bulldogs, that can be the next 7-8 years of his career.
B smith wont leave melb :(

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This board hasn’t been rebuilding they’ve been demolishing .. we’re behind from where we started in 2018

upload_2020-7-15_20-5-40.jpeg

Behind the eight ball...... on second thoughts those eight balls can give you a clarity that you never knew you had and I have heard an important part of decisions made at the club...you know this one....

upload_2020-7-15_20-7-28.jpeg