TripleM Readys mail

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really wouldn't be getting our hopes up for Grant. Tigers are also known to pay stupid money (because they have to) and they can't afford to lose him. If we're prepared to pay close to, if not, 1m for Grant I think we can secure him. We're very desperate at hooker with not a lot available. We're going to have to pull off signing Grant, Friend or Mahoney (or another contracted hooker) somehow.

If we sign Cotric (~700k) and Bateman (~800k) that's the best we could do for those positions with what's available (excluding Fifita, but he'd be too expensive anyways, also we wouldn't want to offer longer than three years).

I've been in favour of re-signing Foran for a while now, ~400k is a fair amount.

I hope there is some news regarding re-signing Elliott and Wakeham soon.
Tigers wouldnt be able to give Grant that much. They have most their cap tied up in Mbye, Reynolds, Doueihi and Brooks. If the deal is for next season, we won't have much competition for Grant.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers wouldnt be able to give Grant that much. They have most their cap tied up in Mbye, Reynolds, Doueihi and Brooks. If the deal is for next season, we won't have much competition for Grant.
They have McQueen (~400k), Taylor, Benji and multiple others off contract. We also don't know if they've gone into the season with some cap space as is. They definitely have enough to offer 700-800k for Grant. I also believe they'll shop contracted players if they have too. That's how good and important Grant is.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have McQueen (~400k), Taylor, Benji and multiple others off contract. We also don't know if they've gone into the season with some cap space as is. They definitely have enough to offer 700-800k for Grant. I also believe they'll shop contracted players if they have too. That's how good and important Grant is.
Mbye and Brooks are both on close to a million, Reynolds 800k, Doueihi is on 600k, Packer is on a reported 700k. They have well over four million invested in 5 players, they've then got a whole squad to fill out. They can shop around whoever they want but if no one wants their players, then their hands are tied. If they sign Grant on 800k then they'll literally have 4~ million left to split between the other 24 players. After you consider players like BJ Leilua and Alex Twal, the number decreases again by a decent margain.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mbye and Brooks are both on close to a million, Reynolds 800k, Doueihi is on 600k, Packer is on a reported 700k. They have well over four million invested in 5 players, they've then got a whole squad to fill out. They can shop around whoever they want but if no one wants their players, then their hands are tied. If they sign Grant on 800k then they'll literally have 4~ million left to split between the other 24 players. After you consider players like BJ Leilua and Alex Twal, the number decreases again by a decent margain.
All I'm saying is they have the funds to do it (they're cap complaint now and like I said more than enough players coming off contract to fund Grant). That's even without moving players on. I believe they'll offer 700-800k to keep Grant but we'll see.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Surprised you reply. Normally you go into hiding
Mate, I got no idea what your problem with me is. If you don’t like anything I have to say, please feel free to set my profile on your end to ignore - that way my opinion won’t hurt your feelings :kissingheart:

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, I got no idea what your problem with me is. If you don’t like anything I have to say, please feel free to set my profile on your end to ignore - that way my opinion won’t hurt your feelings :kissingheart:
My friend said that your friend wrote his friend a letter and then on the bus she was looking at you but in a bad way and then he likes the other girl but she’s like, soooo random so basically that’s why.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not mate, it’s what Alzz said to you, what’s Wendy got to do with it?
No need to get defensive mate. Those old housos with no teeth might be fun for ten minutes or so but trust me it’s all fun and games until you start itching

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No need to get defensive mate. Those old housos with no teeth might be fun for ten minutes or so but trust me it’s all fun and games until you start itching
Haha, ok that was a good come back,will give you that. And no offence taken mate .. !!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha, ok that was a good come back,will give you that. And no offence taken mate .. !!
Cheers mate. I’ve always been a fan of yours but trust me, Beryl from housos ain’t no ally

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers mate. I’ve always been a fan of yours but trust me, Beryl from housos ain’t no ally
Lol, had to google that.. but yes I’ve seen it and I agree, but we’ve gone completely off topic , so pull your fucking head in an out of the gutter :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dreaming if you think we can lant Grant after tonight's effort.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phil Gould has warned battling NRL clubs that sacking a coach won’t necessarily solve their issues.

The veteran NRL coach and commentator has argued against clubs axing coaches as a cure-all for their problems, saying there’s often a range of complex issues at play when a team performs poorly – and that a coach isn’t typically the number one issue.

“You’ve got clubs that are in a losing situation now, is that purely because of the coach?

Is that purely because of the coach’s relationship with the players? How much of it is the playing group, roster and leadership outside of the CEO and coach?” Gould said on his Six Tackles With Gus podcasts.

“There’s a lot of factors that lead to success. There are a lot of factors that lead to failure

“To my mind, it’s rarely the actual coach. It’s more with other factors within a club.

“Just to bring in another coach is not going to solve the problem.”

Gould argued that struggling clubs can’t just swap coaches and expect to improve their record.

He said: “If you gave Wayne Bennett the Bulldogs roster, they’re not going to win any more games. Same thing at the Dragons and a few of these other clubs that are really struggling.

“It comes down to the management of your roster, recruitment, development, the depth of talent, the culture within your club, the resources and money they have available that makes things easier for coaches and players to do their work. These are all major factors.”

Given so many clubs have been rumoured to be interested in a coach swap, Gould says they should take caution at simply shuffling the chairs in the coaching merry-go-round.

“There aren’t that many experienced, quality coaches available to be going into these places which means you then need to take a chance on a rookie who hasn’t done it before.

“What are the guarantees there? If you haven’t got the system to put around a young coach, it can become overwhelming for him very quickly.”
Heres a post I submitted last week. Its an article from Phil Gould. I think for once he speaks a lot of sense.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant see Storm losing Grant. IF cam smith plays on, it will only be on the condition that Grant stays with the Storm. Why would they risk losing a future origin player who has 10 years in the game just to give Smith an extra year? The Storm aren't that stupid. Unfortunately we missed the boat on Grant last year. Watching Reece Robson on the weekend against the knights was painful too - he killed it.