News Ready Freddy? Fittler in mix for Bulldogs job as Baz walks with $500k: Blog with Hoops

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not as coach but it rides a lovely Harley...as a fellow 25yr Harley rider is has great taste I. bikes.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest I have never heard of that woolfy guy before. But looking at his credentials (fair enough never really taken on a difficult role). But he has nyc, reserve grade and super league success. Also has a decent record with tonga.

If fitler is the replacement would have been better to keep barrett.

Problem with barrett, pay, etc is they were both fairly untested/unsuccessful coaches. If it comes down to it they werent nrl head coaches. Same should be considered with ciraldo. You’d probably stay away from him. It’s one thing to be an assistant or be a u20s coach and completely different to be the head coach of an nrl team. Gotta review weaknesses of opposition teams, match ups, game plans, training, have the respect of the playing group. And that is on top of making sure the players you want can fit under the cap (fair enough with the help of ceo and chairman). You need to have a vision of where you are where you want to be and how to get there.

Apparently that is where barrett was struggling with At the end.

Seems like a nice guy. But probably too gentle to be an nrl head coach.

I do hope when the dust settles we approach him to be involved with the club in some capacity. Was likeable as a person just couldn’t cut it as a head coach.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is great news from the perspective that he Freddy could step straight in, so it puts pressure on Flanno Snr and Ennis to show if they want the role.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
There is no way we should sign Fittler but who do you get? It’s gotta be someone with a proven record or we risk another Barrett.

Regardless of the peptide mess, the Sharks players definitely respected the coach. But does that become a Sponsorship issue?

Earn your money Gus

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Filter hates the Bulldogs.... I can't see it ever happening.
But Gus is running the show, they are very close. You never know, coaching changes those thoughts. Coaches can’t pick and choose where they go. The market is always limited.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about laurie daley? The guy that came up with "They're in this competition up to their ear balls." Cant be that stupid. Lol.
Laurie Daley is the genius coach who didn't target Thurston in Origin despite busting his shoulder and defending on the wing during the game because he was afraid his players would be bundled into touch.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Fittler gets the job ahead of a experienced NRL coach then I'm Done!!!!!!!!!!!!! Handing in my Life Membership..............

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is the safest bet. If they sign anyone else the board are asking for trouble. Repeat of the same mistake.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched th 95' grand final with my dad at the settlers in. Great memories.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Freddies son is playing in the Junior system at the Roosters and is going to be an absolute gun. He is killing it and as for Freddy, he's worth a crack because the other options actually available are hopeless.
The only thing that makes Freddy appealing is that I think Burton would stay to play under him. Freddy would be one of the more qualified people to get the best out of him... Pains me to say this as I'm not a fan of Filter and his Roosters bias etc

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was in Port at the same fucking time too... Could have seen Baz lol

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should all complain and let the club know Freddy the wanker is not welcome here

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fittler would be an excellent assistant for attack, but defs not head coach.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Freddy wouldnt be a success as an NRL headcoach imo.. would prefer Flanno over him..
Out of the candidates listed id go Flanno he won the comp most recently and helped build a premiership team..

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
I'd consider Fitler, poor bloke knows all about the dogs of war and probably still has nightmares :smilingimp: