Re-signing Adam Elliott

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I blame him for switching off and showing zero urgency or desperation to shut the play down.

As a supposed senior player he should be leading be example and playing hard the full 80 minutes. Not giving up because the result is determined.. Instead youngsters like Atoni show more pride and desperation.
He did show plenty of desperation by being on the wing to attempt to defend a 2 on 1 in the first place. Defending on the wing is not something you’d back many back towers to do well when they are trying to stop an overlap.... FMD this place is ridiculous sometimes :tearsofjoy:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha omg.
2 on 2 situation and the genius took the player who was already covered. Adam needs some time in mounties.
Thank god we still have some supporters with footy knowledge and common sense
Love your work

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He did show plenty of desperation by being on the wing to attempt to defend a 2 on 1 in the first place. Defending on the wing is not something you’d back many back towers to do well when they are trying to stop an overlap.... FMD this place is ridiculous sometimes :tearsofjoy:
Haha. Whatever. Keep celebrating a reserve grader as if he's an immortal. Hopefully if we ever are successful again, he'll be in reserve grade or the ESL where he belongs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Useless kent of a human being
Pathetic fcuk actually thinks he’s a fg player
Should’ve been sent packing 5 years ago when he couldn’t catch a cold and would stumble and trip over his own two talentless feet.
Possibly the worst player to put on a dogs jersey ever

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Keep laughing it off Utility Half. You're the only one that thinks it's funny. The rest of us are over his antics off the field and horrible form on the field..

Keep living in denial and pretending like Elliott isn't playing like dog shit.
The whole team is playing like dogshit at the moment.... but by raging against Elliott for missing a tackle on the wing while he has been left to try and clean up a 2 on 1, you just make yourself look like an absolute clown. Not many outside backs would have stopped a try in that situation, let alone a freaking back rower.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you are on a personal crusade to defend him, when everyone else is criticizing him, perhaps you just need to wake the fuck up and admit he is not as good as you think he is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The whole team is playing like dogshit at the moment.... but by raging against Elliott for missing a tackle on the wing while he has been left to try and clean up a 2 on 1, you just make yourself look like an absolute clown. Not many outside backs would have stopped a try in that situation, let alone a freaking back rower.
He clocked off and gave up on that play before it got to the two on one. As did Katoa. He was probably on the wing because he was trying to have a bludge.

And he missed another five tackles and is just all around lazy every game so there were many other poor plays to highlight. But I'm sure you have an excuse for all of those as well.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All our forwards are the same size and not very skillful.

There is no variety in body size, skill level or footy smarts.

Elliot, Josh Jackson, Chris Smith are all the same type of player and we can only afford one of them in the squad and not all of them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When you are on a personal crusade to defend him, when everyone else is criticizing him, perhaps you just need to wake the fuck up and admit he is not as good as you think he is.
Want me to go through a list of players who were mercilessly scapegoated on this forum and went on to perform great at other clubs? He has shown he has plenty of talent but is still struggling for consistency. In his defence, it’s hard to find it when playing in a team that is this rudderless and this low on confidence.

I don’t think he’s as great as I suggest on here. My Elliott posts are a hyperbolic response to people who use any excuse to blame him for problems that run much deeper.... and also because I love playing devil’s advocate and stirring the pot. I think the more switched on members have figured that out by now.

Still think there is a pretty good first grader in there somewhere though. One day he will show it, whether it’s at our club, or another.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want me to go through a list of players who were mercilessly scapegoated on this forum and went on to perform great at other clubs? He has shown he has plenty of talent but is still struggling for consistency. In his defence, it’s hard to find it when playing in a team that is this rudderless and this low on confidence.

I don’t think he’s as great as I suggest on here. My Elliott posts are a hyperbolic response to people who use any excuse to blame him for problems that run much deeper.... and also because I love playing devil’s advocate and stirring the pot. I think the more switched on members have figured that out by now.

Still think there is a pretty good first grader in there somewhere though. One day he will show it, whether it’s at our club, or another.
Please make the list.

Also Adam Elliot did not get the nicjname Adam Idiot for no reason.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

So admittedly you have created a thread to glorify a player that should finally have found a reason or way to be a leader in a struggling side, just to shit stir members when we are in the midst of our darkest days? Great. Fuck you very much! As if we need this now.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All our forwards are the same size and not very skillful.

There is no variety in body size, skill level or footy smarts.

Elliot, Josh Jackson, Chris Smith are all the same type of player and we can only afford one of them in the squad and not all of them.
100% spot on. Our forwards rarely hit over the advantage line with quick play the balls for our backs to work off. Biggest reason to blame for our ladder position.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
7 missed tackles for Elliott by the way... But there's an Immortal in there somewhere... Maybe he's only worth 750k for 5 years now instead of 800k.. Still, it's a bargain!