Re-signing Adam Elliott

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reimis' game hasn't changed much at Storm. It's just that their system, halves and forwards, provide Reimis with more room to run the ball.

With Elliot we're making a like for like comparison, we're talking about a player swap with one of those 8 players I mentioned. Who would Bellamy cut to have an "equal" swap for Elliot? The point is, he wouldn't. That all 8 of those players are much better than Elliot. That Elliot does not even make the bench of a premiership challenging side
No we are not talking about a like for like swap at all. We are talking about the inevitability of Bellamy having to move on players and the possibility Elliott’s value could depreciate and/ or Canterbury could end up paying freight. I think I made that pretty clear in my reply to you. As for whether Elliott is “much worse” then some of those players, I’d love to see what would happen if Elliott were to swap teams with one of them do we could tell for sure.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No we are not talking about a like for like swap at all. We are talking about the inevitability of Bellamy having to move on players and the possibility Elliott’s value could depreciate and/ or Canterbury could end up paying freight. I think I made that pretty clear in my reply to you. As for whether Elliott is “much worse” then some of those players, I’d love to see what would happen if Elliott were to swap teams with one of them do we could tell for sure.
Hypotheticals mate, stop skirting around the question I'm asking.

Which player, from any of the top 4 of Storm, Penrith, Parra and Souths can Elliot replace and those teams lose nothing?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Please make the list.

Also Adam Elliot did not get the nicjname Adam Idiot for no reason.
Ok, you called my bluff. I can’t really be bothered to make a comprehensive list. Ennis was once the most hated player on this forum and was supposedly what was wrong with our team, the Morris brothers were “past it” at one stage when they played for us. Tapau was just an overrated player with “feet for hands” who would never convert promise into nrl success....

Just a few names off the top of my head.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, you called my bluff. I can’t really be bothered to make a comprehensive list. Ennis was once the most hated player on this forum and was supposedly what was wrong with our team, the Morris brothers were “past it” at one stage when they played for us. Tapau was just an overrated player with “feet for hands” who would never convert promise into nrl success....

Just a few names off the top of my head.
I agree with what your saying about the list.
I really do. All of the players you named were let go by 1 person Des Hasler. Its also when the rot set into this club.
When we allowed a manly player to coach the Dogs we were cursed.
We are slowly cleansing but it is not an overnight job.
You just gotta be patient.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A better team would get a lot more out of Elliott, tbh. He’s played in a struggling team for pretty much his whole career. People should reserve judgment until he has a better team around him.

As for Thompson, you may be right.... but why are people criticising Elliott for not stopping a 2 on1 overlap, but not directing any criticism at Thompson for abandoning any attempt to effect a tackle in order to appeal for an obstruction thst was never going to be awarded, directly resulting in a try?
Mate this whole 2 on 1 situation you keep referring to never happened. It was 2 on 2 and elliott royally fucked it up. Nothing more to it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
very true mate and you dont abuse down syndrome kids like that grub nasheed does.
Yeah, he’s just out to say the most outrageous things imaginable to get a reaction, mate. I don’t mind having a little fun, but there are depths I’ll never sink to.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate this whole 2 on 1 situation you keep referring to never happened. It was 2 on 2 and elliott royally fucked it up. Nothing more to it.
Not Sterlo’s take.... but hey, why listen to the best analyst in commentary when you could go on the word of a bunch of couch coaches with a chip on their shoulder. It was very clearly a 2 on 1.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s just out to say the most outrageous things imaginable to get a reaction, mate. I don’t mind having a little fun, but there are depths I’ll never sink to.
exactly but the mods have approved abusing disabled people or people with down syndrome which i think is disgraceful. Lets hope the ball boys parents dont follow this site

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
exactly but the mods have approved abusing disabled people or people with down syndrome which i think is disgraceful. Lets hope the ball boys parents dont follow this site
Yep.... I have no idea why they let him back after his permaban. There is having fun and then there’s just low stuff nobody should ge allowed to get away with.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep.... I have no idea why they let him back after his permaban. There is having fun and then there’s just low stuff nobody should ge allowed to get away with.
i agree it is a disgrace and he is setting a very bad example on here. but the mods wont take action which is the most disturbing thing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Not a bad idea but 800 a season is way too much. We offer him 500 for an extension and that should be enough to secure him.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t believe both Adam idiot lover and nashwank haven’t been permanently banned from this site especially during these trying times.
People and fans that hurt deeply and want to see the club at least become competitive need a site like this to vent and discuss without 2 complete and utter losers ruining and staining the place!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adam Elliot is our Eels version of Brad Takarangi. He looked like a first grader in a shit Eels squad but as soon as they got quality players, it was quite obvious that he was average and they let him go.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why isn't this fraudstet coming out in the media explaining the inept results we are seeing?

Why isn't this fraudster coming out in the media saying he isn't doing his job like he said he will and take it upon himself to protect Flanno?

Why isn't this fraudster coming out in the media explaining how as one of the senior players he isn't leading by example and why he is one of our worst on the field?

This fraudster want's to fluff his way around the club and team when things are going ok and put his head on the television in front of the media and be our spokesman when he feels fit to but now he is hiding in his cocoon when the team is strugggling like he doesn't want to take responsibility and own up to it with what is currently happening with the embarrassingly performances from the team?

I have given the benefit of the doubt with what we have been seeing and tried to understand why it is happening but seriously Elliot ( yes and others) should be ashamed of themselves if this is what they want as a career. FMD!!!!!!!!!