Re-signing Adam Elliott

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He clocked off and gave up on that play before it got to the two on one. As did Katoa. He was probably on the wing because he was trying to have a bludge.

And he missed another five tackles and is just all around lazy every game so there were many other poor plays to highlight. But I'm sure you have an excuse for all of those as well.
He did exactly what would be expected of any player in that situation. He stayed on the inside man until the ball was passed then did his best to effect the tackle.
I will always defend my long, but you make my job a hell of a lot easier by making ridiculous claims thst he was somehow to blame by being left alone to try and diffuse a 2 on 1 overlap. And he wanted to bludge so he decided to head to the most logical place for the opposition to attack? Cool story, bro.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He did exactly what would be expected of any player in that situation. He stayed on the inside man until the ball was passed then did his best to effect the tackle.
I will always defend my long, but you make my job a hell of a lot easier by making ridiculous claims thst he was somehow to blame by being left alone to try and diffuse a 2 on 1 overlap. And he wanted to bludge so he decided to head to the most logical place for the opposition to attack? Cool story, bro.
You're totally right. I should praise his courage and awareness to be on the sideline, watch a loose ball bounce around for ten seconds, stand there and do nothing, come in to make a two on one tackle for no reason, then miss an easy tackle... My fault..

Since you have a justification for everything, explain the other six missed tackles where he got bumped off and was as lazy as he always is?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is on 500k plus a season, hes never worth that, atleast at times last year he had some impact, this season you honestly dont know hes playing and when he does get involved hes messing up simple 2 v1s, another one, wouldnt be arsed at all if he went

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This bloke is on 500k plus a season, hes never worth that, atleast at times last year he had some impact, this season you honestly dont know hes playing and when he does get involved hes messing up simple 2 v1s, another one, wouldnt be arsed at all if he went
He's getting paid 100k for each inch.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How did he fluke making CvC 20 years ago?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So admittedly you have created a thread to glorify a player that should finally have found a reason or way to be a leader in a struggling side, just to shit stir members when we are in the midst of our darkest days? Great. Fuck you very much! As if we need this now.
Lol that’s not even what I said. I said I glorify Elliott mostly because I think he cops way too much hate on here. The chance to play devil’s advocate by being hyperbolic in my praise is not to aggravate anyone, it’s to look on the light dude a bit, while also sticking up for a player who while he has his faults, is much more maligned than he should be.

Also, I generally make my threads mid week when people have cooled off a bit and could stand to look on the light side a little. It’s really not my problem if done on here don’t want to take the posts in the spirit they are intended. I didn’t say a thing about Elliott until I was tagged and specifically asked for my input... so maybe if people don’t want my input, the best approach would be to either not tag me asking for comment, or for those who don’t tag me to just scroll past it.

if you’re getting this worked up over my posts, you probably need to find another hobby, tbh,

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're totally right. I should praise his courage and awareness to be on the sideline, watch a loose ball bounce around for ten seconds, stand there and do nothing, come in to make a two on one tackle for no reason, then miss an easy tackle... My fault..

Since you have a justification for everything, explain the other six missed tackles where he got bumped off and was as lazy as he always is?
I never offered a justification for those tables. The better question is, if there were so many aspects of Elliott’s game to pick on, why did you choose to single out the incident that really wasn’t his fault? Lol,

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah....right. We should tell our best forward to look elsewhere because of a minor indiscretion and two off field incidents which in no way breached his contractual obligations. The king is here to stay.
Our best forward? Please !!! He is nowhere near the player we expected and would not make the top 17 at Parramatta or Penrith.

And Thompson is our best forward.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol that’s not even what I said. I said I glorify Elliott mostly because I think he cops way too much hate on here. The chance to play devil’s advocate by being hyperbolic in my praise is not to aggravate anyone, it’s to look on the light dude a bit, while also sticking up for a player who while he has his faults, is much more maligned than he should be.

Also, I generally make my threads mid week when people have cooled off a bit and could stand to look on the light side a little. It’s really not my problem if done on here don’t want to take the posts in the spirit they are intended. I didn’t say a thing about Elliott until I was tagged and specifically asked for my input... so maybe if people don’t want my input, the best approach would be to either not tag me asking for comment, or for those who don’t tag me to just scroll past it.

if you’re getting this worked up over my posts, you probably need to find another hobby, tbh,
Being serious for a sec mate, you know that from very early on, I've been against retaining Elliot.

Simply put, I don't think he'd even make the bench of a premiership challenging side and given the fact that his last contract renewal, he was demanding more money and we gave it to him, well this is how we fuck up the balance of our salary cap. By caving into the demands of average players.

Simply put, he would not even make the bench of a premiership challenging side, e.g. Storm, Panthers, Souths and Parra are probably the top 4 so far this season, and Elliot doesn't even come close to making the bench of any of those sides.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Our best forward? Please !!! He is nowhere near the player we expected and would not make the top 17 at Parramatta or Penrith.

And Thompson is our best forward.
A better team would get a lot more out of Elliott, tbh. He’s played in a struggling team for pretty much his whole career. People should reserve judgment until he has a better team around him.

As for Thompson, you may be right.... but why are people criticising Elliott for not stopping a 2 on1 overlap, but not directing any criticism at Thompson for abandoning any attempt to effect a tackle in order to appeal for an obstruction thst was never going to be awarded, directly resulting in a try?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Being serious for a sec mate, you know that from very early on, I've been against retaining Elliot.

Simply put, I don't think he'd even make the bench of a premiership challenging side and given the fact that his last contract renewal, he was demanding more money and we gave it to him, well this is how we fuck up the balance of our salary cap. By caving into the demands of average players.

Simply put, he would not even make the bench of a premiership challenging side, e.g. Storm, Panthers, Souths and Parra are probably the top 4 so far this season, and Elliot doesn't even come close to making the bench of any of those sides.
I think Elliott is actually tailor made for a coach like Bellamy. He is just the sort of talented but underperforming player Bellamy would take, make into a personal project and turn into gold. I think people should always reserve their judgment about the quality of a player until they have had the benefit of playing in a talented side with experienced mentors. People question why Elliott hadn’t developed into a leader. Has he ever really had the benefit of playing with a genuine leader for a prolonged period of time?

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A better team would get a lot more out of Elliott, tbh. He’s played in a struggling team for pretty much his whole career. People should reserve judgment until he has a better team around him.

As for Thompson, you may be right.... but why are people criticising Elliott for not stopping a 2 on1 overlap, but not directing any criticism at Thompson for abandoning any attempt to effect a tackle in order to appeal for an obstruction thst was never going to be awarded, directly resulting in a try?
It is easy to blame Elliot. Hes the kind of person that makes 2 steps forward then goes back 3 steps.
He tries hard he really does. But then his head explodes and he does stupid shit. That undoes all the hard trying he does
Im sure you get the picture.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is nothing more than an average footballer, our team is full of average players, some of us already know this but some of us are still in denial and keep telling ourselves these players are better than they actually are.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Elliott is actually tdylor made for a coach like Bellamy. He is just the sort of talented but underperforming player Bellamy eoukd tske, make into a personal project and turn into gold. I think people should always reserve their judgment about the quality of a player until they have had the benefit of playing in a talented side eith exierirjced mentors. People question why Elliott hadn’t developed into a leader. Has he ever really had the benefit of playing with a genuine leader for a prolonged period of time.
Welch
Finucane
Kaufusi
Bromwich x 2
Nelson
Kamikamica
Brandon Smith

8 players who usually take Storm's starting and bench spots for their forwards.

To have a player like Elliot on 500k, Storm would need to cut one of those players (as their other forwards would be on much less than 500k), so which Storm player is Bellamy cutting for Elliot?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It is easy to blame Elliot. Hes the kind of person that makes 2 steps forward then goes back 3 steps.
He tries hard he really does. But then his head explodes and he does stupid shit. That undoes all the hard trying he does
Im sure you get the picture.
Yes.... talented but hot headed. Exactly the type of player who could benefit from a prolonged period with a few team leaders. Bellamy would make him into a gun. It’s getting to the point I almost hope he ends up there so I can say I told you so.

Elliott has played almost his whole career in a struggling dude. He is potentially a very handy attacking player.... but so long as he feels he has to overplay his hand, we will never see his best. He showed glimpses last year. This year he has taken a step back, no doubt... I think it is possible personal issues may be impacting on his game (he actually started the season well) and I still don’t think he’s playing in his best position.

I genuinely hope we see his best one day. Whether it is here, or at another club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Welch
Finucane
Kaufusi
Bromwich x 2
Nelson
Kamikamica
Brandon Smith

8 players who usually take Storm's starting and bench spots for their forwards.

To have a player like Elliot on 500k, Storm would need to cut one of those players (as their other forwards would be on much less than 500k), so which Storm player is Bellamy cutting for Elliot?
I didn’t say he was cutting anyone.... but invariably when cap pressure gets too much, Bellamy lets a player go, signs a player with a lesser reputation and develops them into a player who is just as good, if not better. Look at ehst JAC said about Melbourne the other day. If you have a chance, go tgere. They will turn you into the player you dreamed of being. Whether Melbourne can afford Elliott in future depends on his career trajectory. If he finds consistency without Bellamy and justified his current price, he won’t heed Melbourne and Melbourne won’t need him.... but if the club ends up offering him an early release and is tong dome of his freight, he’s the sort of player I could see Bellamy taking on in the future. Nobody eoukd have given Remus Smith much chance of cracking Melbourne’s top 13 until Bellamy expressed interest.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn’t say he was cutting anyone.... but invariably when cap pressure gets too much, Bellamy lets a player go, signs a player with a lesser reputation and develops them into a player who is just as good, if not better. Look at ehst JAC said about Melbourne the other day. If you have a chance, go tgere. They will turn you into the player you dreamed of being. Whether Melbourne can afford Elliott in future depends on his career trajectory. If he finds consistency without Bellamy and justified his current price, he won’t heed Melbourne and Melbourne won’t need him.... but if the club ends up offering him an early release and is tong dome of his freight, he’s the sort of player I could see Bellamy taking on in the future. Nobody eoukd have given Remus Smith much chance of cracking Melbourne’s top 13 until Bellamy expressed interest.
Reimis' game hasn't changed much at Storm. It's just that their system, halves and forwards, provide Reimis with more room to run the ball.

With Elliot we're making a like for like comparison, we're talking about a player swap with one of those 8 players I mentioned. Who would Bellamy cut to have an "equal" swap for Elliot? The point is, he wouldn't. That all 8 of those players are much better than Elliot. That Elliot does not even make the bench of a premiership challenging side

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Starting to become a figure head .. and not a good one lol.!!!