Opinion Re building or re-buying ?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately its a buying phase. Not an ideal way to build a team but it can work and will all be dependent on the coaching getting the players to buy in. Most if not all the top teams, including roosters who get mocked for it, will have juniors who are stars in their team.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we didnt do 2002 we probaly would not have won in 2004. Basically same team on pay cuts.

I don't condone cheating but im not naive to think most preimership teams have not bent the rules.
I'd say every team bar the cowboys have cheated or severely bent the rules to the premiership over the last decade.... Its quiet naïve to think otherwise.

The NRL has become a massive shame, they have become too comfortable, time for a breakaway comp or the threat of I say.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd say every team bar the cowboys have cheated or severely bent the rules to the premiership over the last decade.... Its quiet naïve to think otherwise.

The NRL has become a massive shame. NRL is too comfortable, time for a breakaway comp I say.
Lol not the Eels!

That said if everyone is getting away with it then all fair game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol not the Eels!

That said if everyone is getting away with it then all fair game.
Certainly not the Eels.. Just ask Hindy! lol

Oh its definitely fair game, until the dogs do it of course and they be made an example of.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pongal is up there. Possibly even better at his current age.
Possibly, but he's not a half back who handles the ball most sets and is therefore in control of the game. Plus I want to see how Ponga handles the hits that Thurston used to, that might sort him out.

Go Dogs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possibly, but he's not a half back who handles the ball most sets and is therefore in control of the game. Plus I want to see how Ponga handles the hits that Thurston used to, that might sort him out.

Go Dogs
Good points. But I have to say he is ticking all the boxes to get there. Remember Thurston started his career as a utility bench player. He then played 5/8 for many years before running the show at 7.
Pongal was playing origin at 20, and he carved us up. He even kicks goals pretty well. So he is on his way.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The longer this stubborn board keep pay the higher likelihood we will lose talented players like renouf and ogden

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Both. We need to have 5 or 6 16year olds come through. Plus we need to buy 5 or 6 decent players. Than 2 super stars. Des fucked the foundations. Unfortunately I think this recruitment drive is to set us up for the future,.it won't be until the crop of teenagers come through and the 2nd lot of stars we sign puts us in g/f mode. It's a long way back from here. The game changes every year. If we sign for 2 yrs time now the player we get may not suit the style that is played in 2021/22. Cogger for instance is a 7 from 2 yrs ago, the 7 these days needs to play straight n direct. Has to run. Lewis could be a modern 7 if he gets the control side sorted which comes in time that we don't have. And we get a new coach to develop these kids.