Rd13 Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guy truly don't give a flying fuck does he? He's got the most secure job in Australia afterall.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dribble dribble dribble go fuck yourself des .

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy truly don't give a flying fuck does he? He's got the most secure job in Australia afterall.
I'd say it's more like he knows who's going and he is looking to next year rather than trying this year which sucks absolute dicks but if next year is like 100x better and we have gotten rid of the dead wood then I'll cop it

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a press conference from the game against the Panthers....the title said Bulldogs v Dragons.
FFS....our club can't get anything right.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say it's more like he knows who's going and he is looking to next year rather than trying this year which sucks absolute dicks but if next year is like 100x better and we have gotten rid of the dead wood then I'll cop it
I bet you said the same thing last year........and the year before.....and the year before that.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too.
Roster is totally fucked this year.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
'Completions'

Teams can still be competitive when they drop some ball. Can't use that as an excuse when you get thrashed

I'm tipping you guys to bounce back this week and smash the dragons and everything will be all rosy again lol

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
'Completions'

Teams can still be competitive when they drop some ball. Can't use that as an excuse when you get thrashed

I'm tipping you guys to bounce back this week and smash the dragons and everything will be all rosy again lol
Only if the Dragons show up with 3 players.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
In summary: *heavy nasal breathing*

That is all.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He failed to explain why he has coached our forwards not to pass anymore

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
'Completions'

We will have to start playing on Wednesday if that is to happen.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was a press conference from the game against the Panthers....the title said Bulldogs v Dragons.
FFS....our club can't get anything right.
It might as well be, the result will be the same

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
From what I followed he wasn't wrong mostly, I can't really hear the questions in these things, but not sure about the numbers he was giving, they aren't completions, we didn't break into the 20's on those.

We can absolutely control the amount of possession, that's not a complex formula. By default it is 50/50, minus a couple due to ref stupidity, then get better than 50% by having good discipline with the ball in hand, and as importantly, with good discipline in defence to earn the ball back a few times.

Most of what Des says in those things is just correct, but he isn't a spectator, if we are making the same mistakes then we haven't resolved them, or more frustratingly as it is, we don't even address them, resolved or not as a result.

Easy start Des, Lee had 6 missed tackles and even those aside, was positioned poorly in others that just led to tries when he wasn't where he should have been. I do still rate him as a solid future option, but he needs to work on positional structures and he can do that in the lower grades, he needs a few weeks there with the instructions to work on it, once he plays a full game with no glaringly obvious defensive errors, bring him back up.

Elliot is also a solid future prospect, and he also had a less than average game in defence which he backed up with other key mistakes, maybe not in need of (or able to be) dropped back a grade, but he does need to be coming off the bench at least and playing less minutes than the 80 he had. Luckily Eastwood is playing his worst football in recent history, so drop him, use Fualalo, Tualau, and someone else in lieu of RFM for now and........... it won't be ideal, but its better than Elliot being reduced in impact and Eastwood delivering no impact. Worse comes to worse, let Garvey chase a place as our #9 starter and let Lichaa do the one thing he does well at #13, tackle. That frees Klem to be in that other rotation which wouldn't be all that bad.

Alternatively, do something else........ at this point, literally do anything, just change something.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you said the same thing last year........and the year before.....and the year before that.
Yeah totally said it the years we were a win away from winning it all. We overachieved with our roster and it has now caught up, offloading old players and signing new talent as welll as looking to the future is what is important this year. Feel free to remind me next year if we are playing like today.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des will never publicly blast his players especially individuals which is commendable, instead hides behind stats.

Problem stats are also like light posts used by a drunk to lean on more than for illuminating.

38 nil

Des the players don't give a fk so stop the charade and swallow ya pride admit you are wrong and make drastic changes not to salvage results on the field but put some pride back into the jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.