Rd 7 Dogs vs Sharks 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3. Baz.

I've been critical of him but if he can get the boys putting in performances like this on a regular basis then I will feel a lot more comfortable with him in charge moving forward.
Exactly the same, been up him all year
Knew we would struggle but some of the performances this year have been shithouse
Just lazy and looked like an uncoached team
Whatever he said to em yesty tho,

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3. Thompson (Leader of the team, tough and inspiring)
2. Meaney (safe and reliable as always, and still improving)
1. Napa (Credit where credit is due, he played tough)
Special mention to Waddell who looked better in the 13, and Atoni could have easily grabbed 1-2 votes also and has looked good in recent wks. Looking for some positives for Flanagan, decent defensive effort, and I’d say Flanagan at times (but not always) played less side ways, more direct and each time he did we looked better during those plays/sets. He needs to work on that more, and obviously his decision making. I also noticed him in support a few times and eventually a pass will be their for him, particularly from Thompson who I think only just misses him in the first 5min which could have resulted in points if it didn’t hit a Sharks player in the back. Anyway, overall a very spirited team effort.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree it was a shoulder charge by the rules like i said the Nrl has gone soft.
I have no issues with a shoulder charge, it should have never been taken out 9f the game! But when it hits a player in the head and causes a concussion its a very different matter! An outstretched arm will never hit with as much force as a shoulder with the players entire weight behind it. Yet we punish a player like Hetherington with a send offf when no damage was caused by his outstretched arm, yet Talakais hit only warrants 10 mins. The NRLol has not gone soft, it has simply lost direction!

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Forwards deserved the kudos thomo napa esp atoni keeps improving
Even katoa looked decent when his bookends went forward

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no issues with a shoulder charge, it should have never been taken out 9f the game! But when it hits a player in the head and causes a concussion its a very different matter! An outstretched arm will never hit with as much force as a shoulder with the players entire weight behind it. Yet we punish a player like Hetherington with a send offf when no damage was caused by his outstretched arm, yet Talakais hit only warrants 10 mins. The NRLol has not gone soft, it has simply lost direction!
Check out Pereira's hit on Tedesco in today's Dragons/Roosters match. He only got ten in the bin.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm calmer from yesterday's game, I will say that despite the errors we made in the second half, and the mountain of possession the Sharks had, our defence was brilliant.

All the missed tries by the Sharks were because our defence put them under pressure, and they panicked.

In the final ten minutes the Dogs played their hearts out. No wonder Barrett had tears in his eyes.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that I'm calmer from yesterday's game, I will say that despite the errors we made in the second half, and the mountain of possession the Sharks had, our defence was brilliant.

All the missed tries by the Sharks were because our defence put them under pressure, and they panicked.

In the final ten minutes the Dogs played their hearts out. No wonder Barrett had tears in his eyes.
Agreed CH. One of the gutsiest defensive efforts I've seen in my 50 odd years of supporting the Bulldogs.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 Thompson - finally a forward who can eat metres and take defenders with him.
2 meaney- great game on return.
1 Katoa (Sione) - whatever they gave him before the game make sure there is dome more available for next week. He literally doubled his speed.
I've always thought Meaney is a quality player..what does everyone think he needs to bring his game to the next level? Size I reckon...

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3. Thompson (Leader of the team, tough and inspiring)
2. Meaney (safe and reliable as always, and still improving)
1. Napa (Credit where credit is due, he played tough)
Special mention to Waddell who looked better in the 13, and Atoni could have easily grabbed 1-2 votes also and has looked good in recent wks. Looking for some positives for Flanagan, decent defensive effort, and I’d say Flanagan at times (but not always) played less side ways, more direct and each time he did we looked better during those plays/sets. He needs to work on that more, and obviously his decision making. I also noticed him in support a few times and eventually a pass will be their for him, particularly from Thompson who I think only just misses him in the first 5min which could have resulted in points if it didn’t hit a Sharks player in the back. Anyway, overall a very spirited team effort.
Wonder if we'll sign Meaney when he's off contract, I think we will..

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hethringtons reputation probably influences the refs calls in regards to him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Dally M votes:
3 - Will Hopoate
2 - Dylan Napa
1 - Luke Thompson

Interesting.

Go Dogs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What were the Daly M points from this game, anyone know?
I know, very different from most on the kennel.

Status
Not open for further replies.