Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
3. Meaney
2. Averillo
1. Jackson

Special mentions Hetherington and Wakeham. Everyone besides Napa was good today tbh, even Katoa.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham could be a great half with burts

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 Meaney
2 Wakeham
1 Hetherington or Katoa toss of the coin.

Kotoa with some great kicks. Which is what we needed especially from halves to get us out of trouble. But Hetherington cause we saw the damage he can do on an edge and his potential going forward.

Also Wakeham with some great passes leading to tries and wasn’t afraid to take the line on. Looks much better in defence this year. I’m not as worried when they send big bodies down his side.

Meaney well what else can you say. He’s played awesome. Ashame we let him go to Melbourne. Looks like he found his feet in the fullback role after a fair go like I’ve wanted to see for years. All he needed was a little persistence and not been thrown around to different positions. Melbourne have got a true gem in him.

Another player that could’ve easily been there was Jackson. Heart and soul of the team. Big runs and great leadership today. As he does every single week. Now that we actually played like a good team we finally got to see what a top player he can be for us. He always does it but now when we win you really see what a great player he is. Nextyear with some more troops of high quality he will continue to be up there with the best in the business. Was hard to see that this year when he was literally doing everything.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The uneducated on here bag averilo and say his defence is shit
20 tackles zero missed
2 tries 1 try assist 7 tackle breaks 1 line break 1 line break assist 3 one on one tackles
Clearly the best half on the ground ane he wull be even better in a better team
Pretty sure those of us that are critical of Avo (I’m one) the last thing we bag is his defence.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
3- Meany
2- feathrington
1- Shoupp
Shout out to madge and the tigers for making us like the melbourne storm in attack.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
20 tackles zero missed
2 tries 1 try assist 7 tackle breaks 1 line break 1 line break assist 3 one on one tackles
He’s cemented first dibs with partnering Burton next year

How he played yesterday needs to be his blueprint

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
20 tackles zero missed
Agree. I think Averillo's defence has improved out of sight this year. He is now very solid one on one when he has a backrower running at him. Not a weakness for him at all now

I still don't think he is a half (although he had a great game yesterday), but if we do happen to buy an experience half I really see Averillo as a centre. He is a natural runner and with a bit more room out wide could be a real attacking threat.

Hopefully we have a more settled lineup next year that will see combinations built which will improve his defensive reads at centre

Plus he has the pace to catch anyone that might get on his outside

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Usually we struggle to find 3 players worthy of 3,2,1 points :grinning:

Yesterday it's a case of who to leave out

I thought every player contributed positively yesterday, and probably for the first time this year

And when that happens, surprise surprise....we get the win....go figure:grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree. I think Averillo's defence has improved out of sight this year. He is now very solid one on one when he has a backrower running at him. Not a weakness for him at all now

I still don't think he is a half (although he had a great game yesterday), but if we do happen to buy an experience half I really see Averillo as a centre. He is a natural runner and with a bit more room out wide could be a real attacking threat.

Hopefully we have a more settled lineup next year that will see combinations built which will improve his defensive reads at centre

Plus he has the pace to catch anyone that might get on his outside
He is no where near the level we need him to be as a premiership winning 7, but he is still learning his craft. He has a very high ceiling and another pre season at 7 he will improve again.
He will have alot more help around him next year also. There is abit of hughes about him i reckon

Reactions: ATT

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is no where near the level we need him to be as a premiership winning 7, but he is still learning his craft. He has a very high ceiling and another pre season at 7 he will improve again.
He will have alot more help around him next year also. There is abit of hughes about him i reckon
Jahrome Hughes isprepared to run straight to create space not just into space - with new rules, halves, or anyone with speed over 10 20 metres that are prepared to run straight one or two off the ruck will and are creating momentum

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good comparison to Hughes.

Hughes isn't your "typical" organising halfback but the best running half and in the top couple of halves in the game

In all likelihood Averillo could be our 7 next year, depending on any unforeseen player movement in the off season, but he was very good yesterday and with a heap of better players around him should get even better

He is still the unfinished product and whatever position he ends up in think he will be a gun for us

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jahrome Hughes isprepared to run straight to create space not just into space - with new rules, halves, or anyone with speed over 10 20 metres that are prepared to run straight one or two off the ruck will and are creating momentum
correct but hughes is behind a pack going forward. Wait till next year when we have more grunt up front.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Votes for the round

Nick Meaney 107
Jack Hetherington 54
Josh Jackson 35
Jake Averillo 14