• Poll closed .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His poorly skilled....lol Kids not Joey Johns Braaaaaahhh.

And what's the point of being Ash Taylor if you don't have the balls to compete.?

As far as I'm concerned his footy is well rounded, needs work but very well rounded for this footy team.
Well rounded LOL.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well that’s another season gone,my last trip out to the stadium
A big shout out to our passionate supporters who again turned up in good numbers and sat there in freezing conditions cheering on the team.
Everybody stayed until the final whistle which was outstanding,the mood in the Kennel was so positive and upbeat
We are definitely the most dedicated bunch around.
I hope things are on the up for the sake of the faithful who fork out money year in year out.
Cheers mate you too. It was good to see everyone stick around wasn’t it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just dont get chris smith selection every week absolutely bog average would of much rather ogden

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s just hit me like a tonne of bricks that it’s now the off season on the kennel nooooooooooo

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just dont get chris smith selection every week absolutely bog average would of much rather ogden
He's no supestar but i wouldnt say bog average.

Good depth player who is mobile.

Ogden needs to work on his fitness, aggression and defence

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute Champion of a bloke!

Yeh, he might have his deficiencies and the criticism he got for some of his decisions are justly deserved, but you have to hand it to the bloke, he kept this young group together and got them punching above their weight. I would love to see how he goes with some gun players at the club! He could turn out to be a long term coach like how Folksey was.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Absolute Champion of a bloke!

Yeh, he might have his deficiencies and the criticism he got for some of his decisions are justly deserved, but you have to hand it to the bloke, he kept this young group together and got them punching above their weight. I would love to see how he goes with some gun players at the club! He could turn out to be a long term coach like how Folksey was.
I'd love to see him actually get results in rounds 1-10 and not fuck up pre season for a 3rd season running.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers mate you too. It was good to see everyone stick around wasn’t it
Cheers to you mate
The crowd was so into it last night and positive in general
It almost felt like we had made the top 8 lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s just hit me like a tonne of bricks that it’s now the off season on the kennel nooooooooooo
Well, even though "Mad Monday" has been banned, I'm sure the venomous reptiles of the lying Murdoch gutter press will be stalking our players over the off season hoping to fabricate a whiff of scandal. So there'll be plenty for us to comment about.

We might even have a couple of decent signings to get excited about.

Over the next few weeks, I'll just enjoy watching the sides who finished above us get smashed in the finals, when they prove to be less than the Bulldogs when the heat is on.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They still rule on it, Bunker just didn't check it for whatever reason.
Yes but they have relaxed it this year, that defender chn went thru was never going to have any impact on the result
Been like that most of the year

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd love to see him actually get results in rounds 1-10 and not fuck up pre season for a 3rd season running.
Big change of players from last to this bud
Even tho we don’t have superstars atleast it will be a stable squad going in to pre season

First time pay has had that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even tho we don’t have superstars atleast it will be a stable squad going in to pre season

That's not an excuse, he spent a major part of the season constantly swapping players around on a weekly basis, not to mention we looked unfit from the get go. These sort of things were his own making.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes but they have relaxed it this year, that defender chn went thru was never going to have any impact on the result
Been like that most of the year
Can't say I noticed, just rarely ever happens as players usually pull up on the play if the do it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's no supestar but i wouldnt say bog average.

Good depth player who is mobile.

Ogden needs to work on his fitness, aggression and defence
Chris smith gives away silly penalties,misses tackles every game and your comments about ogden are the same comments alot said about renouf t before getting some game time

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yeh true, With the loss of so much experience in JMoz and BMoz along with Klemmer we basically had to start from scratch this year. Was always going to take time for the younger players to gel and get a few games under their belts. 8 wins last year, 10 wins this year and hopefully 12+ wins next year. All we can ask for is for the team to keep improving every year and so far this is what is happening. I think a lot of posters on here are a bit impatient and really haven’t taken into consideration the shit the club had to pull itself out of after the Dib/Des/Castle era. I like the way our club is progressing and we’ll only get stronger moving forward. Our young players are getting experienced and soon we’ll have shitloads of cash to spend on recruits. Good times ahead if you’re a doggies supporter!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully he becomes our Tom Brady and for many years
Some players just need time to mould their game... Really all the kid needs to do is get those stupid moments of his game like just holding the ball when nothing is on instead of throwing it away.

Mate said it last night and anybody who doesn't agree is off their head, his vision and ability to pull a rabbit out of a hat based on leaving structure and playing what's in front of him is Thurston like.... The kid definitely deserves all the time he can get.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
All I know is that living in Brisbane now. This was a great game to win. Every donkey's supporter before the game was giving me shit. Not a peep during and after the game.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh, agree with pre-season, should play at least two good trial games.

But I actually think the slow start to the season this time around was the loss of some experienced players like Klemmer, JMoz & BMoz. It took a while to adjust.

Our younger players are now reaping the rewards of some NRL experience. Just an example: JMK at the beginning of 2018 with 1 NRL game is lightyears behind JMK at the end of 2019 with close to 50 games under his belt.