Rd 24 Dogs vs Sea Eagles 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i think of contract if someone can confirm.
He is in the squad for next year. He is one of the blokes that if he can turn it around and have a career best season will be the difference between us being bottom 4 and challenging for the 8. Even then, he probably doesn't make the 17 if everyone is fit and clear to play.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Stimson has 4 runs for 20 metres. The guys absolute rubbish.
I’m no Stimson lover believe me but he did make the second most tackles behind Jacko and a couple of those were some nice shots.

You do know this is just opinion mate? My ratings aren’t the official ones that you can punt on like Origin - lol

And the hair pull was 1 point worthy...

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 JJ - just keeps doing all the stuff that is needed in a footy team, 150m, 50 pcm, under 3s average play the ball speed, we got some good go forward off several of his runs, 38 tackles, 2 line break assists, 1 try assist, no errors or pens. Made certain we got the penalty when he got kicked in the head, would have been missed otherwise.
2 Doorey - in only 37 minutes had his best game of the season, 1 try, 60m in 5 runs, some key defense in 19 tackles made. No errors or pens.
1 OK - good try after the play fell apart, 108m, more pcm than anyone other than JJ and Patolo (43), no pens just 1 error, which is incredible in 80 minutes.

Special mentions
Patolo - with 36 minutes on the field he got 110m, 46 pcm, 1 line break, 12 tackles no misses, 1 pen. The poor read in defense that opened the hole for the Manly defense was I think as much a problem with the inside defense as Patolo.
Meaney - 139 run metres, constantly aware of opportunities for dummy half runs off quick play the balls, nearly got BBO into space, backed up the Wakeham break nicely, 1 error but it was a bad one, had nothing one on one against Turbo (needs to take notes from Flanagan on this).
Two that won't be popular, but hear me out:
Stimson - only starting because RFM, Elliott, Waddell aren't available. He kept it simple and it worked, stayed out of the way in attack with mostly dummy runs, made some fantastic tackles causing errors, 31 in all second only to JJ, 1 pen which was widely derided by all.
Flanagan - yeah yeah, shock horror. I'm not picking him for his attack clearly, but if he had the attacking ability of an average first grade half he would go fine in most teams based on his work in defense today, saw him take down Turbo one on one several times, put his body in the way, made 25 tackles, 3rd most of the team, and had a better tackle efficiency then everyone bar Ava, Patolo, and Hoppa. If he could find a decent 5th tackle option half a dozen times a game he might be worth persevering with.
Hetho - this is a grudging one, he did some good things, 120m, 40pcm, 1 tackle bust, but with 69 minutes on the field he still isn't presenting good value, only 21 tackles with 4 missed, a penalty (bit unlucky) and two 6 agains given away. With 69 minutes on the field he was the prop who needed to really produce (Ava had 40, Ogden 40, Patolo 36). For minutes on the field he was well below metres and tackles made per minute compared to the other 3. He gets the attention without really putting in the hard work that is needed.
Give the Stats a miss.
They are not always the real thing.
Given Doorey 60 metres, good. But at least half were in one run to the line unchallenged. So 4 runs for 30.
What about Turbo, 260 metres and had about 30 runs.
Dylan Walker 150 metres? Most across field.
Saab, 214 metres, never had to beat a tackle.

A few more if you care to look.

I am just saying do not rely on the stats page as the only guide to a players performance.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stimson has 4 runs for 20 metres. The guys absolute rubbish.
Why his runs, look at the defence.
He was one of our best.
Forget the fantasy Stats

We had 39% of the ball, how many run metres should we have clocked up?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is for all the guys who shot me down early in the year,when I said heatherington will develop into a top line forward,he’s been with jj our best performed forwards,and will get better,with better cattle.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson been turned into a ball player over the past 4- 5 weeks, obviously under instruction of Barrett. I would believe he will not have that role next year
I agree Jackson struggles with the ball playing.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Give the Stats a miss.
They are not always the real thing.
Given Doorey 60 metres, good. But at least half were in one run to the line unchallenged. So 4 runs for 30.
What about Turbo, 260 metres and had about 30 runs.
Dylan Walker 150 metres? Most across field.
Saab, 214 metres, never had to beat a tackle.

A few more if you care to look.

I am just saying do not rely on the stats page as the only guide to a players performance.
So run metres made to score a try shouldn't count?

I'd tend to feel they are perhaps the most important run metres. Particularly tries like the one Doorey scored, really well executed set play.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously anyone who says Jackson must go have a look at that performance. All heart and when he has a better squad around him he won’t have to carry all the load
If Jackson has a better squad around him, he'll struggle to make the team. I have RFM in front of Jackson as Jacko provides no attacking threat around the edges.

Vaughn
JMK
Ava
TPJ
RFM
Thompson

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion