Reaction score
Hethrington 3
Jackson 2
Stimson/ wakeham/ OKonbor 1

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously anyone who says Jackson must go have a look at that performance. All heart and when he has a better squad around him he won’t have to carry all the load
Spot on him playing in a better forward pack next year will be great

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3 JJ - just keeps doing all the stuff that is needed in a footy team, 150m, 50 pcm, under 3s average play the ball speed, we got some good go forward off several of his runs, 38 tackles, 2 line break assists, 1 try assist, no errors or pens. Made certain we got the penalty when he got kicked in the head, would have been missed otherwise.
2 Doorey - in only 37 minutes had his best game of the season, 1 try, 60m in 5 runs, some key defense in 19 tackles made. No errors or pens.
1 OK - good try after the play fell apart, 108m, more pcm than anyone other than JJ and Patolo (43), no pens just 1 error, which is incredible in 80 minutes.

Special mentions
Patolo - with 36 minutes on the field he got 110m, 46 pcm, 1 line break, 12 tackles no misses, 1 pen. The poor read in defense that opened the hole for the Manly defense was I think as much a problem with the inside defense as Patolo.
Meaney - 139 run metres, constantly aware of opportunities for dummy half runs off quick play the balls, nearly got BBO into space, backed up the Wakeham break nicely, 1 error but it was a bad one, had nothing one on one against Turbo (needs to take notes from Flanagan on this).
Two that won't be popular, but hear me out:
Stimson - only starting because RFM, Elliott, Waddell aren't available. He kept it simple and it worked, stayed out of the way in attack with mostly dummy runs, made some fantastic tackles causing errors, 31 in all second only to JJ, 1 pen which was widely derided by all.
Flanagan - yeah yeah, shock horror. I'm not picking him for his attack clearly, but if he had the attacking ability of an average first grade half he would go fine in most teams based on his work in defense today, saw him take down Turbo one on one several times, put his body in the way, made 25 tackles, 3rd most of the team, and had a better tackle efficiency then everyone bar Ava, Patolo, and Hoppa. If he could find a decent 5th tackle option half a dozen times a game he might be worth persevering with.
Hetho - this is a grudging one, he did some good things, 120m, 40pcm, 1 tackle bust, but with 69 minutes on the field he still isn't presenting good value, only 21 tackles with 4 missed, a penalty (bit unlucky) and two 6 agains given away. With 69 minutes on the field he was the prop who needed to really produce (Ava had 40, Ogden 40, Patolo 36). For minutes on the field he was well below metres and tackles made per minute compared to the other 3. He gets the attention without really putting in the hard work that is needed.

Lewis

Waterboy
Reaction score
patolo had some quick play the balls and some good solid runs
3.patolo
2.hethro
1.jackson
special mention topine, stimson, doorey

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
besides the drop ball/error at the end I thought he had a decent game and was a threat through the middle a few times. I didn't think anyone else deserved points tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
besides the drop ball/error at the end was a threat through the middle a few times. I didn't think anyone else deserved points tbh.
So a couple of FB runs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So a couple of FB runs.
Yes like I said no one else deserved points imo. When you're scraping the bottom of the barrel someone like that is going to get a point or 2. It was more than a couple as well and that's better than nothing from a lot of other players.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Spot on him playing in a better forward pack next year will be great
jacko is an exceptional player and one that team mates want to play him. i reckon he will be players player this year for sure, and that is the greatest honour in a team.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably stimsons best game since joining.
He seems to play better tight in the middle .gets shown up on the edge due to limited lateral movement.play him as a prop

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Geez are standards are low these days
…..
Patolo ….really

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
much improved effort, if we swap turbo we win. He is that fucking good.
cant argue with the points above, special mention to Stimson who had his best game, Meaney had some moments also
Have to agree about Stimson. He has shown glimpses of his past performances. Hopefully he's over his injuries and can shine next year. Is he still contracted?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have to agree about Stimpson. He has shown glimpses of his past performances. Hopefully he's over his injuries and can shine next year. Is he still contracted?
i think of contract if someone can confirm.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s still signed on for next year :(
he has come of some horrific injuries, maybe he is now just getting back to his best. It does take time to regain speed after leg injuries.
solid bench player next year going off today.

Status
Not open for further replies.