Rd 23 vs Eels - 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How did Thompson go? King has become the one of the most consistent I feel throughout the season.
Was our only forward doing a hit up after kick off reception to hit the onrushing defence and send them backwards. Did that a couple more times midfield. He hasn't lost his love of the contact.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it's time for a reality check.
The quality of most of the players is sub standard. The best performer over the last
few weeks (Vaughn) has been let go. We just do not have a halfback or a fullback.
Averillo and Flanagan should be relegated to the reggies, never to be seen again.
I got rubbished for suggesting this a while ago. I know I was right.
I also think Burton would be a better centre than a 5/8. He plays out wide like a centre anyway.
I also said that Ciraldo would have a huge job in improving the defence. I think I was right there as well.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBT - thought all our other players were ok relative to their Fishy opponents. But a 1 handed Moses and Brown made our halves look like amateur hour.

Flanno did nothing. Seriously - could have played with 12 and wouldn't have noticed. But thats nothing new.
Burton didn't start taking it to the line until the last 10 mins when we were down by buckets. Before that, he'd dish it to Schoupp, Burns or RFM and expect miracles.

And when he did pass - he was angling away and dragging the cover with him instead of straightening up.

I'm going out there on this - I've not seen enough to convince me he's a half. And I'll go one further - he's playing like a guy who wants out. Time will tell.
I just hope our coach and board realise that the best way for us to lose Burto is to continually pick Flanno as his halfs partner.
If the club dosen't realise that Flanno is destroying Burtons career they are stupid.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I just hope our coach and board realise that the best way for us to lose Burto is to continually pick Flanno as his halfs partner.
If the club dosen't realise that Flanno is destroying Burtons career they are stupid.
Right now - the only thing Burton does well as a half is kick the shit out of the ball. You want $3.5M a year for 5 years for a half who cannot play as a half?

So you're paying for potential. And I just am not seeing it. This could be one of those decisions - you pay overs on a risk or go all in on Munster.

Me? Based on what I'm seeing - fck off Burton and give Munster a Cherry Evans contract. Get a young #7 in there now to blood him - 2024 we're a goer.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
TBT - thought all our other players were ok relative to their Fishy opponents. But a 1 handed Moses and Brown made our halves look like amateur hour.

Flanno did nothing. Seriously - could have played with 12 and wouldn't have noticed. But thats nothing new.
Burton didn't start taking it to the line until the last 10 mins when we were down by buckets. Before that, he'd dish it to Schoupp, Burns or RFM and expect miracles.

And when he did pass - he was angling away and dragging the cover with him instead of straightening up.

I'm going out there on this - I've not seen enough to convince me he's a half. And I'll go one further - he's playing like a guy who wants out. Time will tell.
Burto completely owned Moses and Brown a few months ago despite playing behind a vastly inferior pack.

I have no doubt he’s a half. He has had a better year than he had any right to have given our roster, early season coaching dramas, lack of go forward and his limited first grade experience (as a half).

I don’t think he’s playing like a player who wants out. I think he’s playing like a young player who is mentally fatigued from having to constantly try to kick us out of trouble and produce miracle plays because our forwards are a bunch of pussies.

It all starts with the forwards. There isn’t a hslf in the comp who would consistently produce behind such an ineffectual pack.

Parra are a better team and were a much more motivated team today. That’s not really surprising. They wanted revenge after we embarrassed them and more importantly, they are gearing up for the finals. We are treading water until our new coach arrives and we start from square one again.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Burto completely owned Moses and Brown a few months ago despite playing behind a vastly inferior pack.

I have no doubt he’s a half. He has had a better year than he had any right to have given our roster, early season coaching dramas, lack of go forward and his limited first grade experience (as a half).

I don’t think he’s playing like a player who wants out. I think he’s playing like a young player who is mentally fatigued from having to constantly try to kick us out of trouble and produce miracle plays because our forwards are a bunch of pussies.

It all starts with the forwards. There isn’t a hslf in the comp who would consistently produce behind such an ineffectual pack.

Parra are a better team and were a much more motivated team today. That’s not really surprising. They wanted revenge after we embarrassed them and more importantly, they are gearing up for the finals. We are treading water until our new coach arrives and we start from square one again.
well - the stats (per run) suggest the forwards weren't the problem (right Dogs).
1660986157355.png

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Right now - the only thing Burton does well as a half is kick the shit out of the ball. You want $3.5M a year for 5 years for a half who cannot play as a half?

So you're paying for potential. And I just am not seeing it. This could be one of those decisions - you pay overs on a risk or go all in on Munster.

Me? Based on what I'm seeing - fck off Burton and give Munster a Cherry Evans contract. Get a young #7 in there now to blood him - 2024 we're a goer.
I like Burton and I honestly think he will come good in a year or two but I'd trade him and all the duds in the team for Munster.

PS his kicking has been rubbish the last 3 weeks and that's all he has ATM.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I like Burton and I honestly think he will come good in a year or two but I'd trade him and all the duds in the team for Munster.

PS his kicking has been rubbish the last 3 weeks and that's all he has ATM.
Well, you fck off Burtons 5 yr contract and you are 3/4's of the way there. Get Thommo down to $400k and bingo - we good.

Plus Munster is a cnt. Last time we had a real cnt in the team was Ennis - and we were good.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is about 10 duds that need to go with Pussirillo
Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Corey Waddell, Ava Seumanufagai, Braidon Burns, Corey Allan, Kyle Flanagan and Luke Thompson.

8 of them need to go ASAP and are a waste of roster spots.

Also Chris Patolo and Josh Cook are very hard to decide on. Brandon Clarke and Franklin Pele are miles better than them.

So 10 waste of spots in total.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Corey Waddell, Ava Seumanufagai, Braidon Burns, Corey Allan, Kyle Flanagan and Luke Thompson.

8 of them need to go ASAP and are a waste of roster spots.

Also Chris Patolo and Josh Cook are very hard to decide on. Brandon Clarke and Franklin Pele are miles better than them.
Ava can stay.

Add Schoupp and Stinkson to that trash heap you mentioned. I'm sure I forgot a few other duds...

Cook is rubbish and so is Doorey. Potato MAY come good.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ava can stay.

Add Schoupp and Stinkson to that trash heap you mentioned. I'm sure I forgot a few other duds...
I didn't mention Joe Stimson, Brandon Wakeham, Matt Doorey, Tui Katoa, Reece Hoffman and Jackson Topine because they're off-contract and are leaving.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well, you fck off Burtons 5 yr contract and you are 3/4's of the way there. Get Thommo down to $400k and bingo - we good.

Plus Munster is a cnt. Last time we had a real cnt in the team was Ennis - and we were good.
I'm honestly happy at your suggestion. Even if we boot Thommo.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I didn't mention Joe Stimson, Brandon Wakeham, Matt Doorey, Tui Katoa, Reece Hoffman and Jackson Topine because they're off-contract and are leaving.
Wouldn't keep any of them anyways.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm honestly happy at your suggestion. Even if we boot Thommo.
He's signed to 2023 on supposedly $800k. U get him down to $400k - and he's already said he owes us - happy days. Timelines and $$$'s add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.