Rd 15 Presser

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First thing potter did which shows he’s a better coach than barret;
Get Jackson out of first receiver in the opp 20
Well done potsyy

now if you could just teach that flana kid to pass the ball to averillo on the sweep with a 3 v 1 overlap!!!

he continues to hit wadell short whilst averillo is unmarked with space out the back sweep play

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why can’t mr Jackson praise potter or give him any positive feedback in the presser
That’s twice now in 2 weeks after good wins that Jackson hasn’t given any credit whatsoever to mick!
I agree. Jacko seems to have dropped the surly scowl vibe towards Potter and there does seem as tho there is rapport
..but some acknowledgement by the club captain towards the part Mick has played in this turnaround and improvement should be forthcoming.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potsy quoting Dumb & Dumber is choice haha.. "so you're saying there's a chance"? I dunno about that sort of pessimism though, but hopefully it's just for the media. He's probably not even thinking that far ahead anyway. The old 'one week at a time' is more than just a cliché.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Jacko seems to have dropped the surly scowl vibe towards Potter and there does seem as tho there is rapport
..but some acknowledgement by the club captain towards the part Mick has played in this turnaround and improvement should be forthcoming.
I don't think so. The coach doesn't need his captain to give him a rap. That is the type of relationship he had with Baz probably. Too buddy buddy. Guys like Bellamy and Bennett are notoriously surly, yet also occasionly let their guard down and enjoy some fun, light hearted moments with their players. This is the best way to be as a coach, as they've proven.

What Josh and Mick say to each other in the sheds and on the training paddock is what matters. What you see in the presser is just for show.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think so. The coach doesn't need his captain to give him a rap. That is the type of relationship he had with Baz probably. Too buddy buddy. Guys like Bellamy and Bennett are notoriously surly, yet also occasionly let their guard down and enjoy some fun, light hearted moments with their players. This is the best way to be as a coach, as they've proven.

What Josh and Mick say to each other in the sheds and on the training paddock is what matters. What you see in the presser is just for show.
Fair enough but Mick is as much a part of this revival as anyone and deserves the kudos. Plenty of players give their coach a rap as well after a win and still keep it professional.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter is such a no nonsense type of guy. Just says it how it is. Love the back to back premiership winning fullback! He’s got to stay on as an assistant at least.
He's the only Dogs player to win two Dally M player of the year awards during his career - 1 with the Dogs and 1 with St George. The only Dogs FB to win 2 GF with the Dogs as well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why can’t mr Jackson praise potter or give him any positive feedback in the presser
That’s twice now in 2 weeks after good wins that Jackson hasn’t given any credit whatsoever to mick!
I like many was Jackos biggest fan years ago. He lost me a while back, can't wait until he's moved on, but we need to do so delicately by benching him and reducing his minutes.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potsy quoting Dumb & Dumber is choice haha.. "so you're saying there's a chance"? I dunno about that sort of pessimism though, but hopefully it's just for the media. He's probably not even thinking that far ahead anyway. The old 'one week at a time' is more than just a cliché.
Far better for Potter to downplay the Dog's chances then talk them up and get smashed the next week. Actions on the field speak far louder than boasting in the presser.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cmon he was great today, what you dont see is the 1% he does
He just doesn't make enough metres and is ineffective with ball in hand averages 11runs for 79m. Alot of the game today surrounding backrowers involves crash play or soft hands. Jackson lacks in both and is just getting by on defensive effort.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He just doesn't make enough metres and is ineffective with ball in hand averages 11runs for 79m. Alot of the game today surrounding backrowers involves crash play or soft hands. Jackson lacks in both and is just getting by on defensive effort.
He still had the most tackle breaks out of any of the forwards

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get the feeling Jackson thinks Barret was OK, the change is nothing to do with Potter. In the presser when asked about what has changed, Potter says at the 0:30 second mark:

Potter: “The players themselves I think have realised there is more in them and they want to play a little bit more and I think they are just expanding out and are trying new things and it working for us”

The at the 4:10 a reports asks Jackson:

Reporter: “Mick was talking about how much the players have released they’ve got a lot of footy in them, do you feel like you’ve had a little bit more input in that sense in terms of the style that you want to attack with?”

Jackson then answers;

Jackson: “Nah, no, not really, I just think its just taken us a little while to find what works for us and to build those combinations. I mean the start of the season I think about 10 of our starting players were new to the club so probably took a little bit longer than we thought it would, but happy its come together at the moment”

So it sounds like, according to Jackson, this was always going to happen, nothing to do with Potter.

*Sorry, after posting I realised Dinkum Dog said the same thing earlier in the thread.
Jackson’s too nice and loyal to say anything in public. Too good a bloke.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I get the feeling Jackson thinks Barret was OK, the change is nothing to do with Potter. In the presser when asked about what has changed, Potter says at the 0:30 second mark:

Potter: “The players themselves I think have realised there is more in them and they want to play a little bit more and I think they are just expanding out and are trying new things and it working for us”

The at the 4:10 a reports asks Jackson:

Reporter: “Mick was talking about how much the players have released they’ve got a lot of footy in them, do you feel like you’ve had a little bit more input in that sense in terms of the style that you want to attack with?”

Jackson then answers;

Jackson: “Nah, no, not really, I just think its just taken us a little while to find what works for us and to build those combinations. I mean the start of the season I think about 10 of our starting players were new to the club so probably took a little bit longer than we thought it would, but happy its come together at the moment”

So it sounds like, according to Jackson, this was always going to happen, nothing to do with Potter.

*Sorry, after posting I realised Dinkum Dog said the same thing earlier in the thread.
For sure, that’s the impression I also got from JJ but he’s not in touch with reality. Firstly, it’s clear they are playing more expansively and trying new things, secondly, Potter has picked players in their best positions, thirdly, he’s improved players in only a handful of games and empowered them, TB couldn’t do that in 1.5years but most importantly, Potter has set expectations on wearing our jumper, he doesn’t give them warm cuddles for “trying hard” - this is the NRL, trying hard doesn’t meet the minimum requirement at this level.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The more mick say’s the more I want him as the coach next year. No bullshit straight to the point and the dumb and dumber reference at the end to crawly was just rolled gold. No wonder the players are buying in he knows his shit and he is clear and concise. But you also get the sense that there is no fucking around with mick and that kind of hard edge is exactly what this side needs IMO
He is realistic in his expectations. I like his comment that he always worries - even when they're well ahead near full time. That's just how many fans feel too. And his reply that when you have to do the maths to see if you can make the finals, you're probably not going to get there.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Journo: ‘What’s changed?’
Jacko: ‘Our spine finally clicked’
Jacko: ‘New players to the club took time to gel’
Dinkum: ‘We actually got someone who can coach’ :-)
I think Harry would be the last person on earth to actually say your last quote. Very humble, quick witted and showing by his actions that he IS a good coach and man manager.