Rd 15 Presser

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I love Potter....
He is so comical in these pressers.

It's clear he has just simplified the approach to the games and focused on the basics. You can tell he is big on off the ball effort plays.

Instead of the "I know what the problem is" Barrett, Potter just plays the dumb coach.

This role suits him fine. Not much pressure until he starts wanting the job.

Whether he gets the job full-time or not, I think turnaround will help his future aspirations elsewhere, so he can't really lose now

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The more mick say’s the more I want him as the coach next year. No bullshit straight to the point and the dumb and dumber reference at the end to crawly was just rolled gold. No wonder the players are buying in he knows his shit and he is clear and concise. But you also get the sense that there is no fucking around with mick and that kind of hard edge is exactly what this side needs IMO

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Journo: ‘What’s changed?’
Jacko: ‘Our spine finally clicked’
Jacko: ‘New players to the club took time to gel’
Dinkum: ‘We actually got someone who can coach’ :-)
You can see Jacko doesn’t want to throw TBaz under the Bus, in fact, there seems to be a touch of bitterness still with JJ when it comes to the coaching caper this year but the reality is, Potter has shown he’s a far better coach and we’re a far better team.

TBaz coached too safe and didn’t allow his players to play footy, it was the same sh!t every week. How he never thought to play Avo at FB I’ll never know.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what is good? Seeing all the team trying, at last some passion and pride. I don't mind losing but I hate to see players who look like they don't care. It's a great feeling to go to work and know we are starting to gel , instead of being told I support a useless team and being the joke of the office.

Good on you boys .

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You can see Jacko doesn’t want to throw TBaz under the Bus, in fact, there seems to be a touch of bitterness still with JJ when it comes to the coaching caper this year but the reality is, Potter has shown he’s a far better coach and we’re a far better team.

TBaz coached too safe and didn’t allow his players to play footy, it was the same sh!t every week. How he never thought to play Avo at FB I’ll never know.
It's like it goes without saying Baz was putrid. The scumbags try every week to get Potter and JJ to say it.

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
I get the feeling Jackson thinks Barret was OK, the change is nothing to do with Potter. In the presser when asked about what has changed, Potter says at the 0:30 second mark:

Potter: “The players themselves I think have realised there is more in them and they want to play a little bit more and I think they are just expanding out and are trying new things and it working for us”

The at the 4:10 a reports asks Jackson:

Reporter: “Mick was talking about how much the players have released they’ve got a lot of footy in them, do you feel like you’ve had a little bit more input in that sense in terms of the style that you want to attack with?”

Jackson then answers;

Jackson: “Nah, no, not really, I just think its just taken us a little while to find what works for us and to build those combinations. I mean the start of the season I think about 10 of our starting players were new to the club so probably took a little bit longer than we thought it would, but happy its come together at the moment”

So it sounds like, according to Jackson, this was always going to happen, nothing to do with Potter.

*Sorry, after posting I realised Dinkum Dog said the same thing earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's like it goes without saying Baz was putrid. The scumbags try every week to get Potter and JJ to say it.
It's an obvious question as well though bro. There's a day and night difference between how we were playing and how we're playing now.

Defensive line speed is there, players pushing up in support when we have the ball, all the little things have made us better.

It's a question that needs to be asked by the journos

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s funny how every single interview with the dogs they ask what’s changed, trying to get someone to say Potter is a better coach than Trent. Nobody ever gives them the headline they are chasing. It’s so good. Give nothing away and keep them guessing!
Its so obvious they just want a fukn quote to work off...

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't felt this happy about the doggies since about 2015. After two wins. Says a lot about how far we've fallen. Only way is up.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What does Potter know about the head coach situation? Two weeks in a row, when asked whether he wants the job, he's responded, "I'll see how things are going in a few weeks." When asked, "Does that mean there's an opportunity there?", he immediately backtracked and said he didn't know. He doesn't seem like the type to absent-mindedly think that he can just apply whenever he wants. Also, if the answer's no, why not just say no? When he first took over, he said no, he's not after the job, during a mid-week presser. Now he's changed his tune. If he DOES have weeks left to apply, does that mean Gus is keeping the application process open for weeks to come, in a competition with at LEAST 2 other clubs in the market for a head coach? Has Gus tapped him on the shoulder and said, "You've got x number of weeks to prove you're worthy of the job"? Or is he just talking out of his ass in the pressers?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's an obvious question as well though bro. There's a day and night difference between how we were playing and how we're playing now.

Defensive line speed is there, players pushing up in support when we have the ball, all the little things have made us better.

It's a question that needs to be asked by the journos
Yeah but every week? They just want to get them on the record but I think Potter is too smart for that.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Journo: ‘What’s changed?’
Jacko: ‘Our spine finally clicked’
Jacko: ‘New players to the club took time to gel’
Dinkum: ‘We actually got someone who can coach’ :-)
I agree 1 million percent
More of a reason to flick jackson if that’s what he truly believes