Rd 14 vs Eels 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You call them brain snaps, I call it pushing the envelope. The Burton/Fox show scored most of the points, but that first 20 minute assault from TPJ got the Dogs right over the top of Parra and made the rest of it possible.
I do get what you're saying, especially upon reflection well after the game. He's is at his best when playing hard - you couldn't really muzzle him. It was probably the best game I saw him play in blue and white (from memory).

I guess I was initially thinking of when he came in way too late on that tackle (cant remember what minute it was but I think it was fairly early on the piece) and gave away a penalty. That shit will get under your opponents skin but youre also lining yourself up for a potential sin binning.

I must admit come morning I'm still scratching my head as to how last night was possible and where the fuck this team has been all this time?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do get what you're saying, especially upon reflection well after the game. He's is at his best when playing hard - you couldn't really muzzle him. It was probably the best game I saw him play in blue and white (from memory).
When he was at the Broncos, once or twice per season he would load the team on to his shoulders and carry them past the winning post. With the extra fire power arriving next year, if our coaching staff can get him doing it on a regular basis, a premiership is not out of the question.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK defence was so unreal! Would make a great ball playing lock

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way TPJ started the game was key. Totally rattled them and got our whole side confident, been to long since we have had that kind of hard edge.

Malla

Reaction score
Our last try was probably the best we have scored in years
Our spine all touched the ball
Forwards pushing up in support, offloads, hooker actually doing the right thing off an offload and running straight away on the attack instead of looking to dump it to the next forward for a settler.

The obvious change Potter has made is letting Burton roam in attack and be a better support player.

Shows the capability of them. They just need to do it week in week out now lol.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 Burton's Left Foot
2 Addo-Carr
1 Kiraz

I loved the aggression of TPJ but he had too many stupid moments & penalties. A few times where it invited the eels back into the game but luckily for us they were flaccid. He plays for himself too often and needs to remember the bigger picture. Plus we burn 4 interchanges on the guy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
3 Burton
2 TPJ
1 JAC

No words required.

Always a Bulldog

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member