Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NOT TONIGHT!!

Avo, you did alright and Atoni, liked your runs, DWZ, great passion. Or did I ? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3. DWZ - Tried hard, ran it back with purpose and pretty safe at the back.
2. Thommo - Solid hit ups, quick play the balls created opportunities for our 9s to have a few runs, but threw 2 poor off loads in the 1st half...But, at least he was trying to create something.
1. Cotric - Played tough against his old team.

Honourable mentions - Atoni looked good early, Eastwood like footwork at the line and some nice off loads but didn’t get enough game time. Avo looked dangerous with ball in hand but most kick options were poor. Hoppa had a couple nice runs and pushed off his opposite No, but that’s about it, doesn’t like to pass and still a passenger in defence. Wakeham nice try assist but outside of that was responsible for the first Canberra try and gave up on a few defensive plays (lazy) which gave Raiders cheap second phase yards and pressure on our defensive line. S.Katoa had some nice dummy half runs in that first half, but too little too late, needs to go. Everyone else it’s better to say ‘no comment’.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo did fuck all people. I guarantee Flanagan would of managed the last 20 minutes much better . Key mistake, was not finding the turf at getting a repeat set when they had 11 players on the park.
Least he didnt kick on the first inside the 20.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo did fuck all people. I guarantee Flanagan would of managed the last 20 minutes much better . Key mistake, was not finding the turf at getting a repeat set when they had 11 players on the park.
You mean like last week

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wouldn’t have been in the game if flanno was out there. Averillo was far from perfect but he looked more dangerous today than flanno has looked all year

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Key mistake was Elliot. If flanno plays we lose by a far larger margin.
The try saving tackle and try assist from wakeham does not happen.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham & Avarillo dynamics was a step up from our other combinations this year. For their first outing together, they had more enterprise & posed more of a threat to the defensive line. They did make errors & did not capitalise on the 2nd half advantage. Overall a good first up performance.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 Thommo As always a consistent quality effort with a high work rate
2&1 shared between Meaney, Wakeham and Dietz
Meaney,As usual, he was reliable, he played well in a new and difficult position.
Wakeham,I liked the way he attacked the line, handled his first real crack at first grade this year ok
Dietz,Adds some spark we desperately need and defended well

A lack of game management and experience in key positions cost us a game we should have definitely won. Whilst it was very disappointing to lose, at least we were still in the fight till the end. We haven’t really had to protect a lead and run down the clock, so hopefully we’ve learnt something from it and will be better for the experience.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham & Avarillo dynamics was a step up from our other combinations this year. For their first outing together, they had more enterprise & posed more of a threat to the defensive line. They did make errors & did not capitalise on the 2nd half advantage. Overall a good first up performance.
They actually resemble something of a halves combination unlike two individuals when Flanagan plays. If Hoppa passes the ball to Cotric that's two tries, Katoa to Averillo and that's another. There's probably a few others chances I can't remember right now but if we actually Bai them then we come away with the win and it's a totally different vibe post game....hopefully Baz sticks with them for another week.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Key mistake was Elliot. If flanno plays we lose by a far larger margin.
The try saving tackle and try assist from wakeham does not happen.
If you think Avo putting up that innocuous bomb rather than going for a repeat set when we had a two man advantage wasn’t the key mistake of that game, you be trippin’. .

Status
Not open for further replies.