Rd 1 2018 in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We will host a 'home' game in Perth for Rd 1 2018 as a double header. Souths will host the other match.

Not a fan myself. The club surely doesnt need the cash, they should focus on playing all our home games in Sydney

If our form doesnt improve next year it wont matter where we play but still I dont see other top teams like Melbourne or Brisbane move their home games interstate

http://at.foxsports.com.au/link/7fd982fc9a217a7bf2037d4ab0da2453
Honestly, crowds have stopped going to dogs games due to obvious reasons

I'd say the club needs to find fans that will turn up

If it's a novelty game in Perth then they will jump at it.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm all for promoting the game but round 1?

Just another nail

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was mentioned at the 10+ year membership day earlier this year. A Perth member asked the question as to whether or not we would take a game there. Was told then that we did not want to step on the toes of other clubs who had previously played games there ( i.e. Souths) .
But they want to step on the toes of paying Sydney fans by taking games interstate..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But they want to step on the toes of paying Sydney fans by taking games interstate..

I am of the thought that we have no choice but to go there, i.e. it is an NRL initiative rather than one by the club.

Does this mean then that we will play the Warriors in Sydney ( if we get a home game against them that is) rather than taking that game over there to NZ? I am not sure whether or not the agreement to do that is still current.

I was getting quite comfortable with the fact that we had four reciprocal games ( Tigers, Dragons, Parra and Souths at ANZ) and eleven home games at the same venue.

Hope it does not mean we will become another Souths or Panthers who take home games away either interstate or four hours out of Sydney.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this mean then that we will play the Warriors in Sydney ( if we get a home game against them that is) rather than taking that game over there to NZ? I am not sure whether or not the agreement to do that is still current.
Guaranteed our stupid club will do that

And they'll take another home game to central coast

And have the belmore fixture versus tigers for a Reynolds "homecoming"

Just concentrate on winning you bastards!!!!

Reactions: DT

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll be there with my two boy's 7 and 12yo and both bleed blue and white. They both absolutely hate the rabbits ever since that grand final.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm all for it, promote our brand
keep our crowd average high which is good for sponsors
The less Sydney games we have the more fans will want to attend the matches that are played here.

Plus it's great for the code in Perth especially after the union club just folded.

Rugby league should push hard right now and all clubs including ours should play a role in promoting the game.
Good comment.
Couldn't agree more.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This clubs kidding themselves smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.