RBA cuts interest rates to record low of 0.25%

A

Alexander the Great

CBA not passing it on. The phones calls I heard on the radio are great. Getting stuck right onto the pricks!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Murika dropped it to 0% IIRC.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CBA not passing it on. The phones calls I heard on the radio are great. Getting stuck right onto the pricks!!!
CBA has slashed fixed rates (by 0.7%) and business loan rates, so its not as if they are doing nothing. A bank's cost of business/borrowing is not necessarily directly tied to the RBA cash rate any more than the price you pay for petrol is tied to the price of crude oil.

My mortgage is now down to less than 2.9%, and i'm sure if i bothered to shop around, I could go lower...

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My house goes on the market tomorrow I doubt we will get what we want for it worst thing is I Share mortgage with ex and we both want to sell fast but all offers so far hAve been wayyyyy below what we want

A

Alexander the Great

I'm under the impression for variable loans there will be no change. I could be wrong.

ING is solid. I called to notify then we were going to ubank at 2.5 and they met half way and dropped ours to 2.7% which is great and no paperwork involved.
CBA has slashed fixed rates (by 0.7%) and business loan rates, so its not as if they are doing nothing. A bank's cost of business/borrowing is not necessarily directly tied to the RBA cash rate any more than the price you pay for petrol is tied to the price of crude oil.

My mortgage is now down to less than 2.9%, and i'm sure if i bothered to shop around, I could go lower...

A

Alexander the Great

Worst time mate. Everything will be put on hold now I assume.
My house goes on the market tomorrow I doubt we will get what we want for it worst thing is I Share mortgage with ex and we both want to sell fast but all offers so far hAve been wayyyyy below what we want

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also:

- New Travel Ban. Anyone who is not a citizen, resident or family member of a citizen or resident will be denied entry to Australia

- Everyone at the Rugby event held at Sydney Uni Football Grounds last Saturday (Sydney Uni and QLD Uni) could have been exposed to Coronavirus

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll trade ya a 6 pack of toilet paper

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go to ANZ if you are interested in fixing. 4K cash per mortgage and the rates below 2.5 but you have to fix it for 2 years. But fuck ANZ they suck

A

Alexander the Great

I hope it works out for you mate. I'm sure Aaron doggies will be able to give you some advice about the market and what's going in with it at the moment.
In a way I don’t see the need to panic .. as everyone is in the same boat. So lucky we live
In Aus

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does this mean its season over NZ warriors players? They have all the grounds to forfeit their season and not get penalized by the NRL....

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does this mean its season over NZ warriors players? They have all the grounds to forfeit their season and not get penalized by the NRL....
Just cut em from the Comp permanently