Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Boy is he going to have a big year, he looks so much bigger, stronger and faster then he was last year and not the mention how much better he’s defense looks, he has definelty worked on he’s tackling technique over the off season. He can offload the ball in every situation. I am willing to guarantee that he will be a star this year and one of our most important players. Can’t wait to see what Pay has in store for him.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massive year for him. He will deliver this year he looks primed for a big season as does Faulolo. Rfm just needs to up his workrate not get lazy in def and he will be a household name by years end. Hopefully he can play 80 mins each week for us or close to it.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 of his biggest issues was match fitness last year but i do believe some of that was simply because he never got extended stints

as long as defensive commitment and technique improve, he will have a strong year, has to be better defensively tho, can't just be a backrower version of brenko

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des really was a up tight muppet, like for real all the players that were des abled with des Troyed careers, I’m glad his contact was des continued .. he was a des ease to our club and we were slowly been dressed left right and centre, couldn’t handle another year of des ball and 4th tackle scripted play. This fella rftm is another example of talent just waiting for a chance I’m sure we will see pay unlock some happiness we have been missing

Reactions: DT

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Des really was a up tight muppet, like for real all the players that were des abled with des Troyed careers, I’m glad his contact was des continued .. he was a des ease to our club and we were slowly been dressed left right and centre, couldn’t handle another year of des ball and 4th tackle scripted play. This fella rftm is another example of talent just waiting for a chance I’m sure we will see pay unlock some happiness we have been missing
I'm Desappointed in your lack of Pay-related puns.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We extended his contract just before this season starts, which is very smart by the club as his asking price will sky rocket after this year.
Yes was a great move ,i love how decisive pay is with recruiting,all of a sudden players want to play here again

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM looks to have some mongrel in his game. But as has been mentioned, his opportunities were limited last year. He along with every other player should be getting the chance to impress. So it's up to him to make the best of those chances and earn a place in the side with Pay at the helm.

I'm honestly keeping my expectations for every player who was a fringe player pretty low this year. Hopefully more than a few of them really impress.

Reactions: DT

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is really hard to bring down, I agree RFM is in for a big year if he is aggressive and sets his mind to it.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM will be up there with the best attacking edge forwards in the game this season, fucking hyped to see him play this year.
Yeah him and Danny look like they are new players after the Des coaching ended. We will see a competitive side this year and if foran can fire, why would we have a chance of missing out on the top 8?

#Bulldogs2k18

Malla

Reaction score
Can't believe he was a Des signing. Exact opposite type of player to what Des prefers. He's gonna have a massive year.
Des signed him but failed to see any development under Des in the 18 months he was under him. Seen more from him under Pay in one off season already.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Des signed him but failed to see any development under Des in the 18 months he was under him. Seen more from him under Pay in one off season already.
Des tried for a year to get RFM before finally getting him. Same with Brenko.

It’s the weirdest thing that he almost ruined them.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I find that right edge 2nd row defenders are mostly better than left edge 2nd row defenders. Dont know if its by design because most teams are a bit more slick from left to right in attack, thus coaches put their best defenders there?

It could also be some sort of paradoxical idiosyncratic symptom likened to a southpaw boxer or lefthanded bowler or batsmen..
eg; most league players can read the passing game from left to right easier because that is also the more natural passing motion for right handed people.

Not entirely sure.

But my point is that left edge attacking 2nd rowers appear to me to have less break out seasons because they are usually lining up against the better defenders.

I have no statistical evidence to back any of this up, it's just from observation. Though I would love some analysis on rookie 2nd rowers and even centres to disprove or confirm.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find that right edge 2nd row defenders are mostly better than left edge 2nd row defenders. Dont know if its by design because most teams are a bit more slick from left to right in attack, thus coaches put their best defenders there?

It could also be some sort of paradoxical idiosyncratic symptom likened to a southpaw boxer or lefthanded bowler or batsmen..
eg; most league players can read the passing game from left to right easier because that is also the more natural passing motion for right handed people.

Not entirely sure.

But my point is that left edge attacking 2nd rowers appear to me to have less break out seasons because they are usually lining up against the better defenders.

I have no statistical evidence to back any of this up, it's just from observation. Though I would love some analysis on rookie 2nd rowers and even centres to disprove or confirm.
Wrong way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.