Official Ray Warren Retires

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Truly one of the greatest ever commentators the game will ever have. He was as unbiased as they came, and his voice defined rugby league for generations. A genuine gentleman as well, rugby league on channel 9 will simply not be the same without him.

Thanks for the memories Rabs, as well as the entertaining side of things when you and Gus would throw friendly banter towards each other.

Love your work mate.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great caller thanks for the memories indeed Rabs you were the best, Iconic even.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
An absolute gentleman and when they’re very hard to find in that game these days…

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great commentator and amazing career. He has been the voice of the game for a long time. I wont miss him butchering Pasifika names though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's been in the commentary box for as long as I've followed football. It's the end of an era that began before I was born. Good luck in your next adventures Rabs.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great commentator and amazing career. He has been the voice of the game for a long time. I wont miss him butchering Pasifika names though.
That is the one thing I noticed with him is rabs never really tried to learn them. Commentators try these days but still cock it up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been the voice of most of our lives watching footy.. At least the last 30 years.. He's a legend and an icon.. He hasn't been at his best the last several years but he stayed on longer because the options to replace him are so shit.. I wish him the best and good health in retirement.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Onya Rabs, even though I couldn't bear watching channel 9 for more than 10 years, except origin.
Was getting players names mixed up back quite a while ago. Hate to call games with all the Islander names, credit to you. All the best retirement.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Something about these iconic callers and voices. Will be very hard to replace. Richie benaud, rabs, Martin Tyler etc. they make and made the game synonymous with their voice.

Fabulous career by rabs. Might have carried on a bit too long but will be missed. Next cab off the rank is warren Smith who also has a great call in him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Chaamppioon…
Thought it was funny when Bill Birmingham called Origin as Rabs’ brother ‘Reg’ Warren. He said ‘This broadcast is brought to you by Junee Trucking and Transport: We Drive A Laurie Daley’ :-).

My other favourite Rabs memory was The Footy Show circa 1995 when they were going to dress up as the Village People. Rabs was reluctant but finally agreed to do it ‘provided I’m not the gay one’ :tearsofjoy:.