Rape Allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it she may have been sexually assualted.

EITHER YOU HAVE OR HAVENT.

what a load of ****. just another story trying to bring the great game RUGBY LEAGUE down to the ground in the time when everything is about to get great. by some dumbass chick who cant handle there booze or whatever she is on

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
This will be a huge blow up now. Hadley is on it, so he will milk it.

Also the fact that there is a cheerleader involved will add to the media's fascination with it.

From the SMH Site

---------------------------------
September 6, 2006 - 4:41PM

A Sydney NRL club's end-of-season "Mad Monday" celebrations have ended in an alleged sexual assault, it was reported this afternoon.

Up to four Wests Tigers players are alleged to be involved in a sexual assault after Mad Monday celebrations.

Two women are believed to have made complaints against the players. There are reports that a cheerleader may have been involved.

The alleged assault is said to have taken place at an apartment in Five Dock.

Ray Hadley went to air on 2GB at 4pm and said that "date rape'' drug may have been used in the sexual assault.

"Reports are that a date rape drug may have been involved,'' Hadley said. "She made a statement yesterday morning to the Parramatta police.''

A police spokeswoman would not confirm a rugby league player - or players - were involved in the alleged incident.

However, she did say: "There's an investigation into an alleged sexual assault at Five Dock and a report was made on Monday by a 26-year-old female to Parramatta police that she has alleged that she may have been sexually assaulted at a unit in Five Dock."

The spokeswoman said the Child Protection and Sex Crime squads as well as Burwood detectives were investigating the matter.

Wests Tigers, the reigning premiers, finished their season in 11th spot.

Wests Tigers Chief Executive Steve Noyce today issued the following statement.

"We have been made aware of an allegation that a woman may have been sexually assaulted early Monday morning at a place where both Wests Tigers players and others were present.

"We are not aware at this stage of any specific allegation against a Wests Tigers player and the Club is very keen to work with the police to establish what may or may not have taken place.''

At the club this afternoon Mr Noyce said he had been contacted by police about the incident yesterday afternoon.

He did not know whether it involved a cheerleader but he said the unit where the incident allegedly happened in was rented by a Wests Tigers player.

He said Wests Tigers and others were at the unit when the alleged incident took place.

But he added that no Wests Tigers had yet been interviewed by police.

"I spoke to the players this morning at training just to make them aware that I had heard some rumours, if that's the right word, and just to say that the club would work through the process and that to make sure that they kept in touch with me and come to talk to me if they had any issues," he said.

"At this stage I don't know from police who they are suggesting may or may not have been involved."

When asked if the woman was associated with the club, he said: "I don't know any details about the woman to be honest."

He said he did not know if the woman was an NRL cheerleader.

- with David Braithwaite

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
~KuRrY MuNcHa~ said:
i thought cheerleaders werent allowed to associate with players???
there is a fine line with that, they arnt ment to, but if no one knows its ok...

This is dissapointing for league. Going into the finals series and allogations like this are made, and instead of the headlines reading about the great on feild action, its reading about what they do off feild...
really dissapointing

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
League players in sex attack claims

Jacquelin Magnay and Jessica Halloran
September 7, 2006

Source - SMH

RUGBY league's "Mad Monday" celebrations officially started on Sunday for West Tigers players after their last game of the season, but ended 16 hours later with a woman complaining to police of sexual assault.

A 26-year-old woman has told police she woke up at a party that she had attended with a group of players and others, to find her underwear rearranged and her clothing dishevelled.

The woman, who had met the players at Hugo's Lounge in Kings Cross, feared she had been the victim of a date rape drug and went to Parramatta police station at 10.40am.

A police spokeswoman said the NSW Child Protection and Sex Crimes Squad was investigating the allegation.

A Wests Tigers player said the woman came back "quite willingly" to the party at Five Dock and he thought it was "all systems go".

He said his teammates were shattered at the complaint and it had ended the year on a sour note. Wests Tigers, the reigning premiers, failed to make the eight this season, finishing 11th.

The chief executive of the National Rugby League, David Gallop, said the allegations were "clearly a major concern" but they were a matter for the police.

The scene of the alleged attack, in William Street, is not far from from the Wests Tigers training ground at Concord Oval and is home to the player Ryan O'Hara. There is no suggestion that O'Hara is involved in the alleged assault - and he has told friends he was not at his home when the assault is alleged to have occurred.

Earlier in the night the players had partied at Hugo's Lounge and then at another nightspot, the Sapphire Suite. From there the team split, with at least five players choosing to go to O'Hara's place with other people and a group of women.

Residents in the apartment block said the party went all night and was rowdy. The Wests Tigers chief executive, Steve Noyce, had spoken to the players yesterday morning before he attended Burwood police station to talk to investigating officers.

"I spoke to the players this morning at training just to make them aware that I had heard some rumours, if that's the right word, and just to say that the club would work through the process and that to make sure that they kept in touch with me and come to talk to me if they had any issues," Noyce said. "We are not aware at this stage of any specific allegation against a Wests Tigers player, and the club is very keen to work with the police to establish what may or may not have taken place."

Noyce said the club would not initiate its own investigation, relying instead on directions from the police. They were continuing to keep the NRL informed of any developments.

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note.....it seems the Wests Tigers supporters forum has stopped confirming registrations....... :D

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Before we all start pointing our finger at the Tigers, we as Bulldog fans should not forget the crap that the media put us through with a similar incident in 04".

Don't belive everything you read, especially the crap in the Telegraph!

A

atomic_crimson

Tigers have a policy where thier cheerleaders are not to mix with players - that said i guess we wait and see what if ANY investigation reveals...

BumAcid

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pffffttttt. what about that old skanky cheerleader that went to Benji's 21st? LOL....Anyway, the SMH is reporting it was a random they picked up at Hugo's....Who knows.....who cares? :grinning:

D

D0ggyStylz

after all the crap I copped from one particular Tiger supporter!!!!!

He gave me so much crap...AFTER WE WERE CLEARED TOO. How can you support a team of rapi.sts etc etc.

Sadly he has left the country so i cannot give it all back :(

I had the last laugh though...with his girlfriend at the time :D

jig73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As bad as it looks, most of the time once the truth comes out a different story emerges and nothing happens, I can only hope that this is the case both for the NRL and the Tigers, I also feel for the fans because us Dogs fans no what they are just about to go through.

Faz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogaholic said:
I had the last laugh though...with his girlfriend at the time :D

NICE ONE DOGOHOLIC!

Alba

Mrs Champion
Reaction score
Brent said:
Anyway, the SMH is reporting it was a random they picked up at Hugo's....

na it was pretty common knowledge where the mad monday celebrations were being had on sunday night by quite a few teams so it still could have been the cheerleader who thought she would go down n mix it up .. i personally dont believe it happened. Not saying there was no sex involved because she probably willingly had sex with whoever and was so drunk she thought she would say she didnt want it .. most cheerleaders are hoes anyway that just want to sleep with the players .. maybe they treated her like a s*** and she wanted to get them back for it? you never know.. i just wish these silly b****es would stop bringing the game down just because they cant keep their legs shut..

that is my opinion anyway

sinkn annie

Waterboy
Reaction score
TANK said:
Well for the girls sake I pray its false but if Tigers cop it like we did for nothing I wouldnt care, what goes around comes around.
You must be one of those fans...one of those bulldogs fans that isnt really a fan, you know the ones they all talk about when **** goes down at Dogs games.

No REAL rugby league fan would spew trash as you do.

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
i heard on the radio that the woman said that she was sexually assaulted in an area where members of the wests tigers rugby league team were present tbh i reckons its just another sl*t trying to get attention

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
it definately gives a bad image to league, i think we will hear more about this story, so we will have to wait and see what happends

Status
Not open for further replies.