Reaction score
fact the carbon tax is good for Australia

the earth isnt flat dispite what Abbott and Bolt say

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
12.If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of
wounds received in battle.
14.'I am.' is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

16. Q. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you
could find the letter 'A'?
A. One thousand.
12. No. If it has one foot in the air, it means the soldier was WOUNDED in battle. If he died from wounds then the horse is rearing, just like point 11.

14. What about "Yes" or "No"?

16. What about One Hundred and one (101)?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
12. No. If it has one foot in the air, it means the soldier was WOUNDED in battle. If he died from wounds then the horse is rearing, just like point 11.

14. "Yes" and "No" are not sentences. It's generally taken that a sentence requires a verb.

16. I almost pointed that one out myself, but felt I'd already reached my nerd-limit the other day.

G

Gladiator.

Foreskin, it says spell out numbers not ****ing conjunctions, ****wit.

God I learnt that shot in year 1.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No-one knows how many ants there are in the world. The BBC Four documentary claims they number not 10,000 trillion but 100 trillion, though it still suggests the total weight of ants equals the total weight of humans.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you placed a cylinder around the Eiffel Tower, the air inside the cylinder, would weigh more than the tower itself.

Wahesh

Reaction score
98% of the worlds water is in liquid form. The other 2% is made up of polar ice caps, ice, snow, frost, fog, clouds, steam, and water vapor.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NOt really a random fact, but more of the dispelling of an urban legend (which I always thugh was true):

The urban legend of the Baby on Board signs
THE story goes that the yellow signs were invented to alert emergency services that a baby was present in the case of a car crash. But it turns out this explanation is an urban legend.

news.com.auJUNE 13, 20185:52PM

BABY ON BOARD signs — you see them everywhere nowadays but what many may not know is its true meaning and how the signs became a global phenomenon.

The story

There was a horrible car accident where a woman was pulled from her car unconscious, but it wasn’t until some time later that authorities discovered the body of a baby under the front passenger-side dash. So someone came up with the idea of displaying a sign to alert emergency services to search for an infant in the event of an accident.

Horrible story, isn’t it? Thankfully that’s all it is. An urban legend.

Now for the real story

In 1984, former real estate investor from Massachusetts in the US Michael Lerner cautiously drove his 18-month-old nephew home and noticed that people were driving recklessly around him.

Many parents drive more cautiously when they have a baby in the car. Picture: iStockSource:Supplied

Likely to have been going slow in order to ensure the safety of his young passenger, others on the roads around him were tailgating and overtaking, causing him to consider a way to communicate his important cargo to others.

“For the first time, I felt like a parent feels when they have a kid in the car,” he said.

He had the idea to market a “baby on board” sign to “encourage drivers to use caution when approaching cars with younger passengers”.

At this point he was introduced to sisters Patricia and Helen Bradley.

The sisters had seen a version of a safety sign for car windows in Europe and had limited success with marketing the idea back in the United States.

Michael saw a business opportunity and struck up a licensing deal for the rights to the product from the sisters.

He went on to start the company Safety 1st and using his contacts in the retail industry, he started pitching to big department stores.

The car accessories took off. They sold 10,000 signs within the first month. The demand ramped up and within nine months, the company were selling 500,000 signs a month. According to their website, “this iconic sign has now proudly hung in millions of cars. uniting families everywhere and celebrating parenthood since 1984.”

A spokesman for NSW police confirmed to the NRMA that the sign is not for emergency services “but more of a notice to other drivers.

“Anyone using these signs must ensure they are not obstructing the driver’s view.”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The pompom on a beanie...

Its actual purpose heralds back to the days of fisherman on the high seas wearing beanies to warn their heads. The pom poms purpose was (during heavy swells) to cushion the blows when the fishermans head would hit the roof of the boat.

True story!

Wahesh

Reaction score
If you lift a kangaroo's tail off the ground, it can't hop!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I been to the big easel in emerald i wanted to get up there and paint a giant cock on it