Rain

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Storm started at 5:00am this morning in the area. The weather app on my phone said it was going to start at 10:00pm last night. Freaking pissing down on the way to work. Luckily I was driving against the flow and had a fairly smooth run in.

Rain seems to have subsided now but did some damage while it was out.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are getting smashed here at St Vincent's.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m checking the news websites every now and then Farout it’s bad in some places

Wahesh

Reaction score
The entire November average fell in just 2 hours.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Getting enough to water the lawn thats it, was hoping for a cracker storm ,nature fucking let me down

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Quit yer bitchin'

NSW Prepare Emergency Services As State Experiences Standard Brisbane Afternoon Shower

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

SES crews are on standby across NSW today, as a textbook Queensland-style afternoon storm, with wind gusts of up to 90 kilometres, makes it’s way across central and northern parts of the state this afternoon.

The Bureau of Meteorology has predicted the worst-hit locations will be in the central and northern areas of the state and has issued a warning for Sydney and surrounds.

The Premier’s office have confirmed that there has already been a sign language correspondent organised for the imminent three-hour press conference expected to begin a bit after lunch.

The thunderstorms are expected to bring heavy rainfall, large hailstones, and strong gusts. BOM warned of flash flooding in some areas – which is essentially the same thing most parents in Queensland have to deal with around school pick-up time every afternoon in Summer.

One expert has said that residents should prepare themselves for a ‘typical Queensland afternoon shower’.

“This is not a drill!” said professor Fittler from the BOM.

“Nail down the hatches. If your kids are at school when it happens… Tell them to stay there until we give you the okay to move”

“Council will be providing free sandbags at all yoga studios and healthfood stores. This weather should be taken very seriously”

“Do not go outside. SES crews will on standby”

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But seriously, it's like 35 degrees with 90% humidity here today. I would probably prefer flooding.

I need to put on deodorant for my deodorant...

(Come to Queensland they said. It will be fun they said).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Woy woy ,its filled the pool up 2 inches but i want thunder that explodes windows and lightning brighter than the sun that blows up trees
You're in the heart of the storm up there lol... the Northern Beaches are copping it!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you considered moving back down to Sydney?
LOL.... fuck no.

Anyway, I sold my house just before the downturn and paid off my mortgage here. It's nice to be mortgage free :grinning:

(that comes across a bit harsh, but, whilst i like to visit Sydney and I miss seeing the dogs play, I just don't have any interest in coming back, daylight saving or no daylight savings).

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If you're near the window it does have some nice views. You can look down at the park across across to watch the drunks punching on...
Bahahahaha I take it you have visited the penthouse?

The drunks/junkies are one of the few entertainment options I have in here lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Had to carry the Mrs to the car barefoot through about 1 foot of flood water.

Storm woke me up at 5am. Got up and had a look around. Found out that my roof is leaking in 3 places.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Getting some rain and wind here in the ‘burgh, but nothing as wild as was reported.
I was under the impression the sun was going to collapse and we were going to be sucked into the ensuing black hole, the way the media were going on ?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bahahahaha I take it you have visited the penthouse?

The drunks/junkies are one of the few entertainment options I have in here lol
Yes, one time my father had a window spot.

A couple of times I took Dad to sit in the park just to get out of the hospital. One day we just sitting there enjoying some sunshine, when a junkie riding a skateboard went past some drunk blackfellas in the park and abused them, so this gin fires up and they start pushing and shoving in the middle of the intersection. This went for a good 5 minutes, before some cops arrived, nodded at us, and then diffuse the situation. it was clear this wasn't a one off.

There is a nice tribute to Dr Victor Chang there.