Reaction score
Further clears the pathway for the Samoan immortal to join us
good times

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great work raiders. Outstanding addition.

Young, fast, strong, wouldn’t cost a fortune.

Astute and savvy business.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Fuck me! I'm not anti board or anti Pay or sack every player but this is becoming a joke.

To scared to pull the trigger on Mitchel, now we didn't even have a crack at Scott, would have been perfect, young, powerful, from a great system, proven he wont take a backward step (him belting walker)

What are the board/football department looking for? The team we had last year is not going to get us a Premiership, my understanding was we were primed to start building a competitive team.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck me! I'm not anti board or anti Pay or sack every player but this is becoming a joke.

To scared to pull the trigger on Mitchel, now we didn't even have a crack at Scott, would have been perfect, young, powerful, from a great system, proven he wont take a backward step (him belting walker)

What are the board/football department looking for? The team we had last year is not going to get us a Premiership, my understanding was we were primed to start building a competitive team.
Sorry he didn’t sign for 2021 we aren’t talking about this. It didn’t suit the agenda.

No seriously though completely agree. Can’t even play the cant afford bullshit. Plain and simple it’s a sign that the raiders are more professionally ran though we know that already. Both Scott and marsters where mentioned and linked to us several months ago. It’s sad but the reality is we either aren’t attractive to players or we aren’t able to close deals. I honestly think it’s both.

We need to change that and we aren’t and don’t appear to know how. Sad really.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
Sorry he didn’t sign for 2021 we aren’t talking about this. It didn’t suit the agenda.

No seriously though completely agree. Can’t even play the cant afford bullshit. Plain and simple it’s a sign that the raiders are more professionally ran though we know that already. Both Scott and marsters where mentioned and linked to us several months ago. It’s sad but the reality is we either aren’t attractive to players or we aren’t able to close deals. I honestly think it’s both.

Unfortunately our club has become gun shy and way to passive, teams that want to win premierships, identify their weaknesses, and then target who they need to take the next step.

Roosters had a great squad but could not see Pearce getting them to the next level so drop one of the favourite sons and sign Cronk, result? back to back premierships!

The Raiders weren't satisfied coming second, signed supposedly one of the best half's in the world from England even though they had Seizer, then cut away BJ to strengthen their squad with Scott.

What do we do? start talking to the guy the Raiders cut!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

We're waiting to sign opportunists and rejects that no other clubs want. It's clear. I don't see the reward (we're so far down the pecking order it isn't funny) but it's what we're doing. At least until 2022. On Scott or anyone, we're going to have to pay extra on top of what other clubs are offering to entice them (I don't know what Scott is on but whatever you think he is on add an extra 100-200k). I think the club are struggling to understand this or they're unable to find a target that's worth paying that extra for in their opinion (we've missed out on half the available players for 2020/21 so far). We're basically stuck with the same team. I just hope they don't start to change their mind and we start panic buying. We're almost better of suffering for another year at the rate we're moving forward. I personally thought the targets for 2021 (for what we needed) were better then what's available for 2022.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not even "appearing" to have spoken to Scott really is depressing. Worse than peatering out trying to sign LM.

In the press for weeks that Canberra where after Curtis Scott and it all fell into place for them like clockwork it appears.

Meanwhile back at Belmore...Tonto Hill cleverly disguised as a ....lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That’s how you set a recruitment target and absolutely nail it

Well done Raiders
One day we can be like them lol.

A few years and we'll have a Top 4 team too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we'd been run as well as Canberra over the past five plus years, we would have won two comps in that time...

Canberra signed CNK for nothing, Bateman who dominated games, Sutton who was solid and Simonsson who was impressive and used to play for us..

We signed Meaney, Napa, Sue and Chrichton for probably not much less than those players. I know which four I'd rather have...

Add to that signing Williams and Scott while moving on from Rapana, Sezer and Leilua.. They've made one shrewd move after another and they deserve a huge amount of credit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be good if we could get Mullholland back.

“Curtis is a player we believe has a very big future in the game and we’re thrilled to have him join us for the next four seasons,” Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland said.

"At just 22 he’s already been able to play almost 50 NRL games and he’s an exciting talent who will give our squad a player who is hungry to further his development and become an even better player.”

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Be good if we could get Mullholland back.

“Curtis is a player we believe has a very big future in the game and we’re thrilled to have him join us for the next four seasons,” Raiders recruitment boss Peter Mulholland said.

"At just 22 he’s already been able to play almost 50 NRL games and he’s an exciting talent who will give our squad a player who is hungry to further his development and become an even better player.”
He’s no Chris smith.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we'd been run as well as Canberra over the past five plus years, we would have won two comps in that time...

Canberra signed CNK for nothing, Bateman who dominated games, Sutton who was solid and Simonsson who was impressive and used to play for us..

We signed Meaney, Napa, Sue and Chrichton for probably not much less than those players. I know which four I'd rather have...

Add to that signing Williams and Scott while moving on from Rapana, Sezer and Leilua.. They've made one shrewd move after another and they deserve a huge amount of credit.
When you remember Sticky complaining that no one would move to Canberra. They sure turned that around.